PDA

View Full Version : What about the warden ?

Cac0lac
12-13-2015, 08:57 PM
hi,
Any news about the vikings ?

I am waiting for a video of gameplay since the E3 for them...

Please Ubi ! begin the commercial phase and show us the vikings!

Only4Honor
12-13-2015, 09:02 PM
There's no real gameplay, just the 'cinematic' if that's the way to say it is there. You can see the warborn's in action in there.

Willaguy2010
12-13-2015, 09:34 PM
You know the Warden is part of the Legions right? Anyways, we've only seen pictures of what is assumed to be the Raider class of the Warborn.

MisterWillow
12-13-2015, 09:49 PM
There was a possible easter egg of a Viking in the E3 demo, which was discussed over here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1182932-Vikings-in-the-E3-Live-Demo?), but there is no official gameplay of the Warborn available, sadly.

You're not alone in your frustration, though. I think I ask/complain about the lack of Viking gameplay every few days. :p

MrJoker.
12-14-2015, 12:20 AM
We are still waiting for news.

Dead1y-Derri
12-15-2015, 04:33 PM
I think they're saving the Vikings for a next major For Honor event. Its obviously a faction many people think is really cool and it is. But I think it'll be quite awhile before we hear anything about the vikings as I don't think we have any real major gaming events on the horizon.

MisterWillow
12-15-2015, 11:11 PM
I think they're saving the Vikings for a next major For Honor event. Its obviously a faction many people think is really cool and it is. But I think it'll be quite awhile before we hear anything about the vikings as I don't think we have any real major gaming events on the horizon.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Adam-Brody1.gif

At this point, I'd be happy to see a three second tease within a longer trailer, like the shield-and-flail Knight got.

premiumart
12-16-2015, 05:18 PM
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Adam-Brody1.gif

At this point, I'd be happy to see a three second tease within a longer trailer, like the shield-and-flail Knight got.

Speaking of which, we know now about 2 legion heroes and 1 chosen hero, we shuold get that 1 warborn hero.

Probably when we get info about the warborn we know all legion heroes and 3 chosen heroes. xD

Eiddard
12-16-2015, 05:56 PM
The general lack of information about the game is really deppresing, I am losing all the hype, I will follow the news, but I am starting to feel like Ubisoft will **** up really hard with this game.

premiumart
12-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Im excited for 3 upcomming ubisoft titles: Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor and The Division.

The anxiety that they ll F....i mean "miss my expectations" is there and its growing !

MisterWillow
12-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Speaking of which, we know now about 2 legion heroes and 1 chosen hero, we shuold get that 1 warborn hero.

Probably when we get info about he warborn we know all legion heroes and 3 chosen heroes. xD

I hope not... But I do agree that they should have shown something regarding the Warborn by now, even if it's not strictly gameplay and just a teaser or 'Hero spotlight' like the Oni got. It's just weird.

The general lack of information about the game is really deppresing, I am losing all the hype, I will follow the news, but I am starting to feel like Ubisoft will **** up really hard with this game.

I don't know if I'd go that far.

The impression I get is that, for the E3 demonstration and subsequent gameplay walkthrough, they only got a few things working properly and looking close to finalised---that being the Warden, the Oni, the AI mobs, and that one map that everyone's seen---with the intent of showing something beyond the trailer, but everything else is (or was at the time) in the very early stages of development and implementation.

The fact that the Oni wasn't playable at events, and the fact that the Chosen mobs weren't even in post-E3 gameplay walkthrough, tells me that even the Oni (and Chosen in general) were even less far along than what E3 would have suggested.

However, from what I read of the Alpha, the Oni's playable, and there are two other maps (though, I haven't heard if the Chosen mobs are there), so they're making progress, however slowly it may seem. In all honesty, and despite my anxiousness, I'd rather them take a while and make sure everything works, and is balanced, than them rush to get stuff out and it be broken.

That being said, giving us more info about Hero/classes, or putting more concept art out, or doing more teases, is not the same as giving us a fully functional and polished gameplay representation of said Hero/classes, or maps, or anything else, so I'd prefer even vague information than none at all.

premiumart
12-18-2015, 01:20 PM
I hope not... But I do agree that they should have shown something regarding the Warborn by now, even if it's not strictly gameplay and just a teaser or 'Hero spotlight' like the Oni got. It's just weird.

I don't know if I'd go that far.

The impression I get is that, for the E3 demonstration and subsequent gameplay walkthrough, they only got a few things working properly and looking close to finalised---that being the Warden, the Oni, the AI mobs, and that one map that everyone's seen---with the intent of showing something beyond the trailer, but everything else is (or was at the time) in the very early stages of development and implementation.

The fact that the Oni wasn't playable at events, and the fact that the Chosen mobs weren't even in post-E3 gameplay walkthrough, tells me that even the Oni (and Chosen in general) were even less far along than what E3 would have suggested.

However, from what I read of the Alpha, the Oni's playable, and there are two other maps (though, I haven't heard if the Chosen mobs are there), so they're making progress, however slowly it may seem. In all honesty, and despite my anxiousness, I'd rather them take a while and make sure everything works, and is balanced, than them rush to get stuff out and it be broken.

That being said, giving us more info about Hero/classes, or putting more concept art out, or doing more teases, is not the same as giving us a fully functional and polished gameplay representation of said Hero/classes, or maps, or anything else, so I'd prefer even vague information than none at all.

Maybe it really isnt as finalised and the alpha feedback forced them to rethink hero mechanics and playstyles. Maybe they are just too busy to release new info. XD