PDA

View Full Version : The Aegis? (spoilers)

SixKeys
12-13-2015, 04:38 AM
This may or may not fall into the glitch category. Is the ultimate armor aka the Aegis supposed to look glitchy like this? :confused:

http://i66.tinypic.com/13zy6tf.jpg

I'm thinking probably not, but since it's a First Civ artifact, I thought it might be a stylistic thing, like how the targets shimmer in the white room scenes. Does it look like this for anyone else?

whatr_those
12-13-2015, 04:58 AM
Yes, dear, it looks like that for everyone.

SixKeys
12-13-2015, 05:01 AM
It's super distracting. Oh well. It's an ugly outfit anyway, so I don't plan on using it.

ImaginaryRuins
12-13-2015, 05:22 AM
It's super distracting. Oh well. It's an ugly outfit anyway, so I don't plan on using it.

That's exactly what I think, and that's why I also unequipped it for Evie and chose the Simply Evie outfit for her.

D.I.D.
12-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Yes, it's like that. Really ugly. Kind of strange, too - I thought the horizontal scan lines were meant to be a visual indication that we were looking at a projection, not that the First Civ actually looked like that? It makes no sense to be like that and it feels awful to wear in the game.

Military Coat is the one. Steel Grey :)

BananaBlighter
12-13-2015, 12:25 PM
Yes, it's like that. Really ugly. Kind of strange, too - I thought the horizontal scan lines were meant to be a visual indication that we were looking at a projection, not that the First Civ actually looked like that? It makes no sense to be like that and it feels awful to wear in the game.

Sorry but it's got to be the Nighthawk outfit in violet.

Anyways, I don't just hate the Aegis outfit because of the glitch effect. It's generally too bright, and contrasts far too much with the surroundings. If it was black, say, I would probably wear it quite often, since its stats are very good.

Sorrosyss
12-13-2015, 02:20 PM
As a First Civ fan, I desperately wanted to wear this outfit. But as most of you point out, the visual distortion is just plain annoying to look at and highly distracting. I got the impression they were trying to imply that the Animus/Helix could not display it properly, but in the end it just looks a bit terrible.

D.I.D.
12-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Sorry but it's got to be the Nighthawk outfit in violet.

That's a close second for me! I like it best in Black or White, although it works nicely in a lot of the colours, Wine especially.

I find the Military Coat refreshing because it's so far away from the AC traditional silhouette and the most like believable clothes. A lot of Evie's longest clothes fit around the lower body in a strange way as they attempt to connect the form of women's Victorian clothing to the Assassin style, and the Military Coat just feels like the least compromised design to me, like something a concept artist might arrive at if they had truly free rein on the brief. It'd be even better for me without the hood.

Farlander1991
12-13-2015, 07:29 PM
High five for the Military Coat! :D

I actually like the Coat also because it's actually very close in style to Jacob's simply Jacob outfit (which is the one I'm having Jacob wear, ran around a bit with top hat outfits but it just doesn't feel right), only much neater and tidier, so it's like a brother/sister thing that shows off their characters a bit, both unity and differences. And looks neat when they're together like that :)

Pics for comparison

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/8/8e/01_SimplyJacob.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151023141701
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/4/46/02_MilitarySuit.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151023134809

SixKeys
12-13-2015, 11:51 PM

The Military Coat may be my second or third favorite outfit in the entire series. It's gorgeous. *_* When I saw I'd unlocked a military outfit after WWI, I thought it was the same one what's-her-face was wearing. That one was a little over the top, so I wasn't exactly thrilled, but when I saw they actually made another one for Evie that fit her perfectly.....omg. Ubisoft Blue + the People's Cape is the way to go.

For Jacob I tend to wear the Suave or Gunslinger outfits. I like the hat in Simply Jacob, but I just can't stand his rugged coat. :p Baron Jordane's Finery looks great (if only you could get rid of the cape, it doesn't fit at all) but it just doesn't feel right for Jacob.

D.I.D.
12-14-2015, 12:04 AM
*_*

I believe that was also my face when I first saw it :D

SixKeys
12-14-2015, 12:09 AM
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/07/its-so-beautiful-animated-gif.gif?gs=a

D.I.D.
12-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Jake has the right approach to life, indeed!

rrebe
12-14-2015, 10:56 AM
The Aegis outfit looks pretty, but it's so white it hurts my eyes :D I did use it for a little while after getting it, in celebration.

High five for the Military Coat! :D

I actually like the Coat also because it's actually very close in style to Jacob's simply Jacob outfit (which is the one I'm having Jacob wear, ran around a bit with top hat outfits but it just doesn't feel right), only much neater and tidier, so it's like a brother/sister thing that shows off their characters a bit, both unity and differences. And looks neat when they're together like that :)

Pics for comparison

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/8/8e/01_SimplyJacob.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151023141701
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/4/46/02_MilitarySuit.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151023134809

I haven't tried the Military outfit for Evie yet, but now I feel like giving it a try for my main missions replay today (in preparation for the DLC release tomorrow) :D

RinoTheBouncer
12-15-2015, 05:09 AM
The Aegis is my most favorite outfit, along with its cape. I was surprised to see the scan lines or the glitching because I thought First Civ. members looked like that because they were projections, and didn't really look like that in real life. However, since her arm is often invisible and since this is a battle suit, I though this was meant to make you invisible and/or cast a forcefield around you which is why it shimmers and flickers like this, but lost it's power (like The Sword of Eden) so it's just cosmetic now.