PDA

View Full Version : Game Server Hosting service

johann_thor
04-19-2004, 08:36 AM
i am fed up with trying to host games here on my connection ..... the upload is not large enough and blalalblablalaba ... endless problems. my ISP even dares to tell me that i am "not allowed" to have a network on the connection ... only a single computer !!??.

so can you recommend some company that i can rent a server to host ? i have to have remote admin on the machine ... not just ftp and telnet.

thanks in advance, Johann_Thor

johann_thor
04-19-2004, 08:36 AM
i am fed up with trying to host games here on my connection ..... the upload is not large enough and blalalblablalaba ... endless problems. my ISP even dares to tell me that i am "not allowed" to have a network on the connection ... only a single computer !!??.

so can you recommend some company that i can rent a server to host ? i have to have remote admin on the machine ... not just ftp and telnet.

thanks in advance, Johann_Thor

johann_thor
04-19-2004, 08:39 AM
i also remember having problems with most remote admin applications when it comes to moving the mouse pointer in-game.

i think someone had some solution to that .... any ideas ?

(not that it matters after the dedicated server comes out .... but in the meantime I would have to have the whole AEP installed + FBD + hyperlobby

[This message was edited by johann_thor on Mon April 19 2004 at 08:56 AM.]

johann_thor
04-19-2004, 09:51 AM
i found one service with radmin accesibility ...XDRIVE

but thats 129$ a month ... way too expensive

damm i am getting bored searching on google

BaldieJr
04-19-2004, 10:15 AM
If you can consider yourself an 'informed admin', serverbeach.com is excellent. They're working on thier tech support, but from what I've heard, it is still sub-par.

Thier network is excellent though. The pricing is on-par with most other quality server providers, but their network is head-and-shoulders above the rest.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

TX Rahman
04-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Johann,
I'm starting up a hosting service that will host FB AEP games on HL or Ubi. Still working out the pricing. This is in a data center with tons of bandwidth on a killer server. 3ghz w/hyperthreading, 1gb ram, 800mhz frontside bus, 100mbits connection to the internet. The reason I have not brought this out yet is due to the AEP dedicated server not being available as of yet. Shoot me a private post here and I can give you more specs on the data center and the machines I use.

Regards and Salute,
TX-Rahman
http://www.txsquadron.com

P.S. I will also offer place on dual P4 proccessor Xeons. Tech support here is top notch by the way...

johann_thor
04-19-2004, 12:08 PM
cool stuff ....... i have an option of hosting a server on http://this.is (my friends company in iceland) but then i have to go there and set it up myself and that will not happen for some months .... until then i am very interrested in such a thing .......