PDA

View Full Version : Can the game installer be downloaded at one location and transferred to home?

Impala454
12-11-2015, 03:42 PM
My home internet is limited to 150GB / month. Large game downloads can eat into that limit and push me over. For my Origin games, I can use my work laptop (I can download 50GB in less than an hour at work) to do a partial download (99% of the installation files) and then transfer them to home where the last 1% can be easily (downloaded) finished. I then keep that partial download stored at home in case I need to reinstall, like after an OS upgrade.

Anyway, can this be done with UBISOFT games?

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-11-2015, 05:58 PM
My home internet is limited to 150GB / month. Large game downloads can eat into that limit and push me over. For my Origin games, I can use my work laptop (I can download 50GB in less than an hour at work) to do a partial download (99% of the installation files) and then transfer them to home where the last 1% can be easily (downloaded) finished. I then keep that partial download stored at home in case I need to reinstall, like after an OS upgrade.

Anyway, can this be done with UBISOFT games?

i gave up trying man, people keep asking give use back up option, give us Installation files instead of the game files, they keep saying try to verfiy folder or locate, it doesn't work 80% of the time, and upload will overwrite your already downloaded files and say its's downloading again,or give you error such as "failed, download again", back in AC 3 days, i got AC installation files instead of game files.

if it works good luck with that.

1)download the game
2)bring it home
3)press download game, and it will ask where to install
4) select the folder you bought home, it should check the files,and start the game
80% of the time it wont work, do those reg hack, if it works "yay", else download it all over again.

Impala454
12-11-2015, 06:37 PM
i gave up trying man, people keep asking give use back up option, give us Installation files instead of the game files, they keep saying try to verfiy folder or locate, it doesn't work 80% of the time, and upload will overwrite your already downloaded files and say its's downloading again,or give you error such as "failed, download again", back in AC 3 days, i got AC installation files instead of game files.

if it works good luck with that.

1)download the game
2)bring it home
3)press download game, and it will ask where to install
4) select the folder you bought home, it should check the files,and start the game
80% of the time it wont work, do those reg hack, if it works "yay", else download it all over again.

Thanks - that is a similar process to what I do with Origin games (Titanfall) and it works every time. I will have to try it with Ubisoft.

YazX_
12-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks - that is a similar process to what I do with Origin games (Titanfall) and it works every time. I will have to try it with Ubisoft.

yes this is the way to discover game files without the need of downloading it again, however you need to allocate (50 GB) on the drive after copying the game, they will not be used but this is to bypass UPlay disk space check for the game as it happens before discovering game files and i reported it, hopefully we will get an updated version to resolve this issue.

i have done it more than 10 times with every other game i have and it works great without problems even solved some installation issues with other members.

Impala454
12-11-2015, 08:11 PM
yes this is the way to discover game files without the need of downloading it again, however you need to allocate (50 GB) on the drive after copying the game, they will not be used but this is to bypass UPlay disk space check for the game as it happens before discovering game files and i reported it, hopefully we will get an updated version to resolve this issue.

i have done it more than 10 times with every other game i have and it works great without problems even solved some installation issues with other members.

Ok - thanks. And can I assume that if I use a key from a Samsung SSD promotion to install it on my work laptop (I bought two SSDs, so I got two keys), then I can also install it at home with the same key. It works that way with Origin - you just can't be logged in to both at the same time.

YazX_
12-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Ok - thanks. And can I assume that if I use a key from a Samsung SSD promotion to install it on my work laptop (I bought two SSDs, so I got two keys), then I can also install it at home with the same key. It works that way with Origin - you just can't be logged in to both at the same time.

yes you only need one key to activate the game, it will be permanently bound to the account you are currently logged into UPlay and can login with this account from anywhere and download the game anywhere, however, multiple logins with the same account at the same time on multiple PCs are not supported, so when you log into any PC, you will be a logged out automatically from all other PCs.

Impala454
12-14-2015, 03:34 PM
yes you only need one key to activate the game, it will be permanently bound to the account you are currently logged into UPlay and can login with this account from anywhere and download the game anywhere, however, multiple logins with the same account at the same time on multiple PCs are not supported, so when you log into any PC, you will be a logged out automatically from all other PCs.

Good - That is how Origin works, so this install / transfer should proceed smoothly. Thanks for the confirmation.

YazX_
12-14-2015, 05:20 PM
You are very welcome :)