PDA

View Full Version : No Icons suggestion

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 09:45 AM
I never fly with icons, though I would'nt turn down a good server with icons if everything else were to my taste.

I don't use them because they kill the emersion for me.

I understand those who do use them for reasons of situational awareness, the aircraft are just too hard to pick out unless they're at your altitude.

I feel that an occasional flash of reflection would draw attension to the enemy without destroying the natural feel.

In Mig Alley the sun used to flash on the enemy and it helped greatly with visi=ability.

I would like this feature, it could be realistic or there coould be an optional enhanced mode with reflections random flashes.

I never understood why this was'nt in the game from the start, surely even a matt painted aircraft has a cockpit that shines.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 09:45 AM
I never fly with icons, though I would'nt turn down a good server with icons if everything else were to my taste.

I don't use them because they kill the emersion for me.

I understand those who do use them for reasons of situational awareness, the aircraft are just too hard to pick out unless they're at your altitude.

I feel that an occasional flash of reflection would draw attension to the enemy without destroying the natural feel.

In Mig Alley the sun used to flash on the enemy and it helped greatly with visi=ability.

I would like this feature, it could be realistic or there coould be an optional enhanced mode with reflections random flashes.

I never understood why this was'nt in the game from the start, surely even a matt painted aircraft has a cockpit that shines.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Good Point

Reflections are missing from this sim

Higher ac should be able to spot reflections from lower ac cockpit Glass easily from the sun shineing on it

That would Help SO MUCH........

Ive been runing a server latley with Short Icons .45 enemy icon and 3.0 Friendly icon..... No padlock with externals & open Pit and mid war ac 41 42 43

Its a Hit !!!

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1063229517.jpg </center>