PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Good & Evil, The best game ever....

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Im getting the game at 9:30 pm, but i will not see it until 5:00 am. It all started a month ago............
I was sitting in my room bored, it just so happened that i was reading my handy dandy issue 10 of "GMR". I saw an add that looked to me as if it was a cool game. I decided to look into it, first fighting my sister for the computer...
I went on the computer deciding that i better look for an official site. I found it! then this music came on...
HoLy CrAp!!!! this game has awesome music.....Then the door bell rang... I had to go to my aunts....Luckily they got a computer. I got on immediatly and went straight to work..."IGN" for a review and video... "Game Trailers" for some videos...And back I came to BG&E...well well well....
I think ive got a game worth buying I thought...Ok thats it.....EB Games here i come....So i got there....Well isnt that precious, it isnt out for a month....ok....back to my house....not only to discover...WAIT FOR IT.....Theres A BG&E forum....NICE.....Now...After I waited for a while...
I realized that there is now a DEMO....SwEeT...And here it begins......
Ok I played through the demo a mere 19 times when I suddenly realized it was a week away from the release of BG&E in canada....Well I then realized that my computer had a virus....Everyone blamed it on the demo...but i protected it to its death....It was DELETED....."GASP"
Anyways here I am today saying simply this...

~"OMFG I AM BUYING IT TONIGHT!!"~

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Im getting the game at 9:30 pm, but i will not see it until 5:00 am. It all started a month ago............
I was sitting in my room bored, it just so happened that i was reading my handy dandy issue 10 of "GMR". I saw an add that looked to me as if it was a cool game. I decided to look into it, first fighting my sister for the computer...
I went on the computer deciding that i better look for an official site. I found it! then this music came on...
HoLy CrAp!!!! this game has awesome music.....Then the door bell rang... I had to go to my aunts....Luckily they got a computer. I got on immediatly and went straight to work..."IGN" for a review and video... "Game Trailers" for some videos...And back I came to BG&E...well well well....
I think ive got a game worth buying I thought...Ok thats it.....EB Games here i come....So i got there....Well isnt that precious, it isnt out for a month....ok....back to my house....not only to discover...WAIT FOR IT.....Theres A BG&E forum....NICE.....Now...After I waited for a while...
I realized that there is now a DEMO....SwEeT...And here it begins......
Ok I played through the demo a mere 19 times when I suddenly realized it was a week away from the release of BG&E in canada....Well I then realized that my computer had a virus....Everyone blamed it on the demo...but i protected it to its death....It was DELETED....."GASP"
Anyways here I am today saying simply this...

~"OMFG I AM BUYING IT TONIGHT!!"~

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Heh, as crazy a story as that was, I definitely have to agree. This game is so well done, its got its own charming personality. I've developed an affection for all the cute and quirky characters, and the whole world of Hillys seems amazingly alive thanks to the graphics and general atmosphere of the place. This is one of those games I'm going to be sad about when its over (until I play something else for a month and then can come back to BGE after having forgotten some of it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif ).

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Just so you know, i am, Exposed....
Lies........
and Atrocitys......
so uh i know, its great....
I just started to cry. when peyj gets tooken away and she will stop at nothing to get him back, but the part that got me was when she pulls out the cd... "FOR JADE"
thats what made me cry, (almost)

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 11:39 PM
bought the game few days agoo when it was just released here in holland and iam loving it :P

was afraid the encouter with the reaper was a hard 1 but i used the disc trower to make him stop so i can get close to him and hit him hard a few times :P

furter more i really love the chars and the story sofar keep on the good work guys http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-19-2003, 04:26 AM
I also know I'm going to finish this way to soon. I think it's just screaming for a sequel. I've gotten far to old to be crying over games, but I'll admit it had some touching moments. The part with Pey'j's message was very well done -- not overdone, and that's important.

XyZspineZyX
11-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Im sorry, but nothing has offset Zelda 3 (as the best game ever) in the many years since it came out, it's doubtful anything ever will

XyZspineZyX
11-19-2003, 10:15 PM
**** you Neo
Jade would kick links *** anyday....

No DomZ!
No Alpha!
All for IRIS!!...

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 09:55 AM
This one absolutely MUST get a LONG sequel! Here's hoping it'll sell pretty good, that's all it depends on. Trouble is, some great and original "arthouse" games, like Ico, don't allways sell as good as they should. BUYBUYBUY! Twice! Everybody! ;o)

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 06:15 AM
Heh, that story was a pretty crazy turn of events. Good luck with the game, though... it's amazing so far. I'm just borrowing my friend's PS2 copy right now, but I can't wait to get my own Xbox version.

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know if it is better to get it for X-Box or for game cube?

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 02:20 AM
I myself like the Xbox more generally because it has higher system specs, but I've heard that the Gamecube version is also really good. It really comes down to whichever system you like more, as far as I know.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 06:50 AM
I'm mentioning this game everywhere I can cause I really really want there to be a BGaE2.

Dev Team, Thanks for all the hard work!

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 02:57 AM
I definitely have to agree with the majority on this one. I first saw BGE in my new and favorite magazine GMR. I love my PS2 copy of BG&E and ever since I picked it up, there has not been a moment of my spare time where I have haven't been glued to it. I love this game! I am steemed though...I was reading PSM (they used to be one of my favorite mags but I recently saw that they had given both Ratchet and Clank 2 and Jak II perfect 10 out of 10's and although BG&E got a Game of the Month awarded to it...they had only given it a 9 out of 10. I can't believe this to be true! I think that giving Ratchet and Clank 2 a 10 is both just and fair because it really is a good game, but Jak II....what the F%#* are they thinking!? Oh well at least we all know the far superior title...right!? Damn straight it's Beyond Good & Evil!
IRIS por vida!
Cheers,
Dave Bruno

XyZspineZyX
11-29-2003, 12:51 PM
I wish I could agree... but I haven't played it yet...

I've won a copy, but I haven't recieved it...

They've got 5 days according to their new thingy, so, I'll wait...

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 08:08 AM
I am a hardcore gamer who plays every game there is out on the market. This game has inspired me to some of the greatest things...this game has everything a good game should have...popular hit titles like this always have good solid game play but somewhere along the line games never picked up the fact that a game needs more of a meaningful plot. Games today are awesome but loose their taste because their plots are not meaningful nor inspiring. This game has it all. Solid game play plus a meaningful story that brings it to life. I will say the game is a little short though. I hope more games like this come out with crystal clear graphics. This game is like a movie within itself, its beautiful. Michel Ancel is 10 feet tall right now and should continue to make games with this great and life meaning story that he brings to life in his epic game Beyond Good and Evil. I one day hope to be like him and bring fantasies to life. Michel Ancel says what motivated him to make this game is. "For this game, I would say the motivations and inspirations were more about trying to express something", and he did a great job with this game of achieving his goal. Michel goes on to say, "I think we could interest more people who are not into video games [if games had more meaning]", and it is true. Michel Ancel is my inspiration to stay off of drugs and pot to do great things with computer games in my future, to express an opinion or though like he does in this epic game. Ancel also says, "The other idea is trying to tell something [meaningful]. It's not just about beating everybody; it's about maybe getting something from the game". Great job Ubi-Soft and most of all Michel Ancel you are great keep up the good work. This game is a must have if you want to bring meaning to your gaming experience. This game sets itself apart from any other game in a unique way, from the GREAT music that is like a fantasy coming in to make the moment that much more axilerating. Although you dont have much time to meet the characters and really get to know then as well as you would like you come to love some of the characters like the Pig "Pey'J". Got to love Pey'J and Jade has a great look, with eyes that catch yours and a unique way of looking hot. Get this game you will not be disappointed.

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 04:47 AM
footbllpro30, didnt you post that message that like 5 times?

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 04:55 AM
whoa...Exposed..i am canadian as well...and it was released today...i have to wait till CHRISTMAS...14 days away.,...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! i hope u have fun while i wait for 2 more weeks...lol