PDA

View Full Version : Jack The Ripper DLC is Coming on DEC 22

YazX_
12-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Hey everyone,

just to let you know that Jack The Ripper DLC is coming on DEC 22 for PC and DEC 15 for consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXBdnGdG1s

Misterscruff63
12-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Nice :)

RVSage
12-10-2015, 08:14 PM
nice :)

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2015, 11:16 PM
I think at 20 years older, Evie is going to be twice as tenacious.

sheby1911
12-11-2015, 02:53 AM
Okay. Now I'm 99% sure Jackob is the ripper. There is couple of hints in the new trailer.

Seafort909
12-11-2015, 02:57 AM
What's the excuse for the delay of the Jack the Ripper DLC on PC this time Ubisoft?

Aren't PC gamers worthy of getting DLC day and date with console owners?

I feel very disappointed you don't seem to treat all your customers as equals.

Cyanide31
12-11-2015, 03:14 AM
What's the excuse for the delay of the Jack the Ripper DLC on PC this time Ubisoft?

Aren't PC gamers worthy of getting DLC day and date with console owners?

I feel very disappointed you don't seem to treat all your customers as equals.

I agree, we do the right thing and buy the game spending up to $150 with the DLC to get different treatment. Might as well save my money and just get it all for free with torrents. At least than waiting longer is justified as we havnt actually paid for anything. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Frag_Maniac
12-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Personally, with devs like Ubi, I cringe every time people want PC versions as fast as console versions, esp with as many tech problems as they've been having. I'd MUCH rather wait a bit longer and get the releases in good condition than play through it in a messed up state, then they finally release a patch that fixes it when you're done playing it. Doesn't quality control mean anything to PC players anymore?

Scystab
12-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Okay. Now I'm 99% sure Jackob is the ripper. There is couple of hints in the new trailer.

That thought accured to me too. And if it's not Jackob, it has to be a relative, right? Just check out the action in Uplay - DLC: Family reunion.
But the timeline with Lydia doesn't fit for me. I mean, how would we then explain Lydia's background (raised by her grandfather and great aunt), if Jacob is in fact the riper? lydia is born in 1893 and IF Evie finds out Jacob is the ripper, she woul have never let him rise a grandchild (as you can read in the DB about it).

Can't wait to find out!

Tustanuxo
12-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Personally, with devs like Ubi, I cringe every time people want PC versions as fast as console versions, esp with as many tech problems as they've been having. I'd MUCH rather wait a bit longer and get the releases in good condition than play through it in a messed up state, then they finally release a patch that fixes it when you're done playing it. Doesn't quality control mean anything to PC players anymore?

Well I think quality means something to PC players. Because otherwise they would not play on a PC ;);)

However if all other developers can make PC version of their game come out at the same date as console versions with the same quality. The question is why could ubisoft not do that?

It is just a weird way to .....?:confused: I don't know actually why they choose for this.
It is only a hindrance for PC player that get spoiled part of the game before they had the ability to play it.

However I do not agree with Cyanide31 that this gives people any right to just pirate it. :(

YazX_
12-11-2015, 11:47 AM
I agree, we do the right thing and buy the game spending up to $150 with the DLC to get different treatment. Might as well save my money and just get it all for free with torrents. At least than waiting longer is justified as we havnt actually paid for anything. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I think quality means something to PC players. Because otherwise they would not play on a PC ;);)

However if all other developers can make PC version of their game come out at the same date as console versions with the same quality. The question is why could ubisoft not do that?

It is just a weird way to .....?:confused: I don't know actually why they choose for this.
It is only a hindrance for PC player that get spoiled part of the game before they had the ability to play it.

However I do not agree with Cyanide31 that this gives people any right to just pirate it. :(

Piracy Discussion is strictly prohibited with zero tolerance policy by forums rules and will result in getting your forums account banned, please refrain and read forum rules for further information (link is in my signature).

Seafort909
12-11-2015, 04:34 PM

They aren't going to change much in a week. They delayed AC Unity for PC last time and it still came out a buggy and unoptimised mess so what's the excuse for that? It wasn't a quality release after they delayed the game anyway.

I see no reason to delay any DLC for the PC version other than they want the console version to come out before the PC. It has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with their preferred platforms getting the game first.

Going4Quests
12-11-2015, 05:48 PM
I think it might be "Emmett Frye"

YazX_
12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
They aren't going to change much in a week. They delayed AC Unity for PC last time and it still came out a buggy and unoptimised mess so what's the excuse for that? It wasn't a quality release after they delayed the game anyway.

I see no reason to delay any DLC for the PC version other than they want the console version to come out before the PC. It has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with their preferred platforms getting the game first.

consoles have one similar hardware config, easier to test and narrow down all issues, PC has unlimited number of configurations and setups, this week might give more headroom in testing for the standard setups and catch as many issues as they can before release.

Anykeyer
12-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Achievements list spoiled it already, weeks ago. Jacks identity wont be revealed at all.

siralex1986
12-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Dammit, was really hoping to play it this week!

Scystab
12-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Oh? Which achievment told us we won't see the identity?

DarkTriumphant
12-15-2015, 04:33 PM
They delayed AC Unity for PC last time and it still came out a buggy and unoptimised mess so what's the excuse for that?

AC:Unity came out on PC the same exact day as Console. It was the very first AC game to have same day PC/Console release. You saw what happened when Ubi decided to do same day release. Prior to Unity, Revelations was the quickest to PC at 2 week delay from Console. Both AC3 and AC4:BF had 3 week delays to PC from Console. 4 week delay for Syndicate to PC was expected and a delay for DLC was expected as well.

Be glad you only have to wait a week. Ubi could've said 3 week delay like AC3 and AC4:BF.

Scystab
12-16-2015, 08:06 AM
They could have said tough luck and not give us anything, so batter late than never!