PDA

View Full Version : Hello do we need a controller for the pc?

disbandedapoll
12-10-2015, 04:04 AM
I do not own a controller for pc and was wondering if i have to get one i know this game probley wont be out till next april-decemeber at the earliest but i would love to be prepared to play it as soon as it does come out. Already have it preordered so if this is answered it would be very helpful.

Fatal-Feit
12-10-2015, 04:09 AM
This game does support M&K (IIRC), but it was made with a controller in mind. Much like Ubisoft's other games such as AC, it should be playable with M&K, but you might be better off with a controller.

DraxeI
12-10-2015, 08:50 PM
This game does support M&K (IIRC), but it was made with a controller in mind. Much like Ubisoft's other games such as AC, it should be playable with M&K, but you might be better off with a controller.

In Assassin's Creed I think mouse & keyboard work well, if not better than a controller. However, I can not imagine what it would be like playing For Honor without one.

So, Disbandedapoll...
Get one! :)

Fatal-Feit
12-10-2015, 11:40 PM
In Assassin's Creed I think mouse & keyboard work well, if not better than a controller. However, I can not imagine what it would be like playing For Honor without one.

So, Disbandedapoll...
Get one! :)

Honestly, I don't think moving the mouse to change stance is uncomfortable at all. We move the right analog stick to change stance, so I don't see why it would be impractical with a mouse.

And yeah, I too think AC works just as well with a M&K. I personally prefer it over one. The only thing I don't like is not being able to control the running/walking speed.

disbandedapoll
12-11-2015, 01:32 AM
Than what controller do we get that hooks up to pc than?

Fatal-Feit
12-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Than what controller do we get that hooks up to pc than?

Well, both Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers has native support for Windows. DS4 (PS4 controller) as well, for some games like Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate.

Then there's those other brands like Mad Catz but I think you're 110% better off with an Xbox One controller. Or a 360 controller if you don't want to spend $50-60. Both are the best controllers, IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Controller-Cable-Windows/dp/B00O65I2VY/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449795587&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+controller

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wired-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWLA/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449795587&sr=1-8&keywords=xbox+one+controller

Tustanuxo
12-11-2015, 11:26 AM
I was in the alpha and the Logitech f310 also works perfectly. (If you don't want to meddle in console attributes)
I am guessing even the steam controller will work but got that one after the alpha was done. However the steam controller is totally re configurable so I guess that won't be an issue.

M+K should be supported. But I don't know yet what is more comfortable.

Dead1y-Derri
12-16-2015, 06:42 PM
M&K I believe is supported in the finial release. However for the Alpha, people did require a controller.

Lerneros
03-03-2016, 12:12 AM
....However for the Alpha, people did require a controller.
Give us open beta and I would play it with chopsticks if I had to ! X-D