PDA

View Full Version : Something more than just co-op.

AlterBro
12-09-2015, 08:25 PM
WELL SO HERE WE ARE.
IT MIGHT BE ABOUT ONE YEAR TILL THE RELEASE OF THIS GAME.
WELL I'M HYPED FOR IT.
I'LL SURELY BUY IT.
BUT WAIT.
WHAT?
WE HAVE TO KEEP IT ONLINE ALL THE TIME?
SO OKAY, I HAVE A BROADBAND CONNECTION AND I WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM DOING THAT.
BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF USERS OUT THERE WHO WON'T BUY THIS GAME AND RIP IT OFF THE INTERNET FOR THIS REASON.
COME ON, UBI, WHY DON'T BECOME THAT GREAT COMPANY AGAIN?
HAVE YOU BEEN INFECTED BY THE NEGLIGENCY OF SOME PLAYERS?
MOVE ON.
BECOME THAT UBISOFT AGAIN.
MAKE GREAT SINGLEPLAYER MISSIONS.
AND MAKE EM' OFFLINE PLAYABLE.
AND WHAT ABOUT A MULTIPLAYER 2v2 or 1v1 too?
WOULDN'T THAT BE PRETTY COOL?
KEEP A HORDE OF WEAPONS TO UNLEASH CHAOS.
THIS IS WHAT WE WANT.
LISTEN TO US, SHALL YOU? :)

UbiKeeba
12-09-2015, 09:02 PM
You will have the ability to play offline with 3 AI.

SuperBiscotCOT
12-09-2015, 09:10 PM
WHY DO YOU HAVE CAPS LOCKED ????? :p

AlterBro
12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Bruh I'm talking about online battles not just co-op and everyone knows that there should be offline AI.

SuperBiscotCOT
12-10-2015, 09:15 AM
We are just sure of PVE and all the stuff we saw during the trailer and it's a trailer !
The PVP is not yet officialy confirmed so I think that you should wait for the E3 2016 if you realy want an answer.

Lolssi
12-10-2015, 01:26 PM
I have no idea what you asked them for. I counted five question marks :)

SuperBiscotCOT
12-11-2015, 06:17 PM
I have no idea what you asked them for. I counted five question marks :)

;)

xxFratosxx
12-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Ghost recon has had pvp for a long time so why take it out. PVP makes games last longer. Playing Ai is the same gameplay but playing people give you a different experience everytime which makes games last longer. I would be very surprise if PVP is not in because I like competition vs cooperation anyday. Still I would support this game all the way if it is coop only but if that's the case put GRFS on X1

jeannaq
12-21-2015, 07:15 AM
Ghost recon has had pvp for a long time so why take it out. PVP makes games last longer. Playing Ai is the same gameplay but playing people give you a different experience everytime which makes games last longer. I would be very surprise if PVP is not in because I like competition vs cooperation anyday. Still I would support this game all the way if it is coop only but if that's the case put GRFS on X1

To a lot of people single player holds more than enough value. I myself still play games on my Nintendo 64 and original Xbox. Honestly a good single player holds more replay ability than these always online games because once they shutdown the servers games like Titanfall, The Crew, Battlefront and now The Division are paperweights or useless data. I kinda like my games to be playable anytime, anywhere I want sort of thing. Which is a great thing with Wildlands.

Lolssi
12-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Yeah and no big deal if game doesn't last as long because there are actually other games out there too :) But personally when I buy full priced <50€ game I expect it to have "campaign" between 20 to 100 hours.

jeannaq
12-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Yeah and no big deal if game doesn't last as long because there are actually other games out there too :) But personally when I buy full priced <50€ game I expect it to have "campaign" between 20 to 100 hours.

20 hours, although not unheard of for a lot of the open world sandbox games is a little much for the more linear shooters out there. Though for linear shooters 10 hours shouldn't be out of reach and possibly a little under that if the story and characters are really good. I just can't bring myself to buy any game that only offers multiplayer and no single player.

Well GRAW2 PvP is still going as is GRFS. Backwards compatibility will keep them going even longer.

It's cool that you want to play on your own, but GR has always had a huge part of its identity vested in multiplayer (8+) PvP and (8+) co-op missions where players enjoy working as teams.

Why would Ubisoft not want to compete in the shooter market with its flagship shooter? There's a huge market for bored CoD PvP fans who have grown up and grown tired of that particular style of play. Wildlands can fill the void being left by rocket boosters and ever more chaotic gameplay.

Oh yea sure, and I'm not against games having a well detail and very expansive multiplayer, just don't cheap out on the single player aspect. I love GRAW and FS because they had good SP, and even for me I enjoyed it for a very brief time. Though that's not what we are seeing with Titanfall, SW Battlefront and RS 6 Siege. They just axed solo play all together. Yes you can say that some of them have these little "tutorials" to play solo but really that is the sorriest excuse and developers who call that a SP are in the wrong line of work.

jeannaq
12-22-2015, 06:16 PM
I agree that multiplayer only, online only games are an unwelcome trend. R6 should have had a campaign, the solo content is minimal.

However, we know a lot about Wildlands solo/co-op open world campaign mode. It's going to be there and there's no need to keep repeating the point about whether it's there or not.

It seems that every thread that asks for modes beyond this such as extended multiplayer PvP and coop with higher player count missions attracts responses repeating the call for what we already know is there.

Yea, I was actually quite upset when they cancelled RS Patriots and was just mad when I found out they canned it for a full MP game. I've played a bit of Siege with friends and I don't know it just doesn't excite me too much. So hear is hoping that Ubisoft listens and gives us another rich, enthralling story line in the next Rainbow Six.
You are right, it's likely too far in development to make any big changes to game modes to the core game. Though have no fear there will almost positively be DLC to add MP maps and game modes and I would be surprised to see the ever dreaded and always hated micro transactions to nickel and dime the fans.

SuperBiscotCOT
12-22-2015, 07:32 PM
I want also add that with cartels the story can be so exciting ! The core of the game (drugs, corruption, ....) is very intresting to develop in a campaign (SP and/or Co-op).

Lolssi
12-23-2015, 08:31 AM
Yea, I was actually quite upset when they cancelled RS Patriots and was just mad when I found out they canned it for a full MP game.
Personally I was more upset because they lied that it would have single-player. Patriots cancellation was sad but if it was gonna be as bad as Vegases good riddance.