PDA

View Full Version : Underworld features another FU to Connor fans

Smithies89
12-09-2015, 06:39 PM
When it describes Evie reading about previous Assassins it goes out of its way to mention all the main game ones with the noticeable exeption of Connor. Of course I may be reading into it a little too much but it really does seem like Ubi are going out of their way to ignore him

Hans684
12-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Including Arno? If they mention him instead of Connor then clearly something is wrong. Connor(despite my heavy critic) has a legend.

cawatrooper9
12-09-2015, 07:41 PM
All previous? I mean, I get if they mention Altair and Connor (since they're the two everyone fawns over) and Edward (since he's relevant to the setting and mentioned in the story), but if, for instance, Shay or Aveline got a shoutout and Connor still got snubbed I could see that as problematic.

Smithies89
12-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Altair, Ezio, Aveline, Edward, Arno and Arbaaz.
Only ones missing are Connor and Jun

Shay was a traitor so I imagine thats why he didnt get a mention

RA503
12-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Since the moment I read that part in the novel I think that will cause uproar on the community,I just can't believe in that BS,

have a native american as protagonist in a past game is good for Ubisoft image,need to exist a greater motive behind that thing,they maybe is only teasing the fans...

AdrianJacek
12-09-2015, 08:16 PM
ARNO? ARNO?! -------

What the hell did he do besides letting Elise steal his turkey? -------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pv1w***RyQ --------

Ok, Admins. Now it's getting ridiculous. I can't post a youtube link because there were 3 letters in it that spelled a banned word. What the ******* ****. ----------

http://bit.ly/1SOEVSX ---------

cawatrooper9
12-09-2015, 08:22 PM

Wow, I'm really surprised Arno, Aveline, and Abaaz got shoutouts before Connor.

I'd consider Connor to be part of the Big Three in AC history- there's Altair the Mentor, Ezio the Prophet, and Connor the Guardian. Everyone else that's come since then has been interesting, but they've had far less of a "legendary" status (except perhaps Edward, especially in England).

But even Abaaz? He hasn't even been in his own game yet!! And Aveline had a handheld release and HD rerelease, but she's from Connor's era, and even met him!

This just confirms my admittedly paranoid beliefs that Ubisoft is trying as hard as it can to make people forget about Connor.

RA503
12-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Arbaaz is because he is Henry's father remember ? he appear in the novel...

The events of Chronicles India is mentioned as well probably we will see Ethan Fry in the game...

cawatrooper9
12-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Arbaaz is because he is Henry's father remember ? he appear in the novel...

The events of Chronicles India is mentioned as well probably we will see Ethan Fry in the game...

I guess that's fair. I was just assuming this scene gave all the shoutouts all at once, like from some tome or something.

Assassin_M
12-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Maybe the writer forgot? or or or maybe Connor is not relevant to mention there? I'm sure it was completely innocent. There could be a million reasons, guys, come on. You're all crazy.:)

Mr.Black24
12-09-2015, 10:31 PM
No lie, I really want to instigate a riot and just spam their social outlets because now this is incredibly disrespectful.

When I heard this from reddit that Connor was not mentioned in Syndicate, spread the news in tumblr, fans got pissed. Like I want to spread more bad news.

At the same time, I can't help but feel that they are doing this on purpose so that once we are at our peak with patience, they will surprise us with an actual Connor sequel. I can see Ubi pull off a massive troll like that:p

Ureh
12-09-2015, 10:36 PM

Maybe Connor used the apple - in a similar fashion to Altair in ACR - to make people "forget" about him. It could be that anything the Templars/Assassins know about Connor is wrong.

Assassin_M
12-09-2015, 10:48 PM
At the same time, I can't help but feel that they are doing this on purpose so that once we are at our peak with patience, they will surprise us with an actual Connor sequel. I can see Ubi pull off a massive troll like that:p
It's okay, brother...I know it's hard.

AdrianJacek
12-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Maybe the writer forgot? or or or maybe Connor is not relevant to mention there? I'm sure it was completely innocent. There could be a million reasons, guys, come on. You're all crazy.:)

You just used a smiley.

RVSage
12-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Common guys, Arno is mentioned, because Elise does visit Kenway mansion. As of the "official" story so far, Connor never left NA. Just calm down, Connor and Haytham had a book of their own, so why does it matter if they are mentioned here?? Mentioned or not Connor is awesome :) Nothing changes that

Assassin_M
12-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Common guys, Arno is mentioned, because Elise does visit Kenway mansion. As of the "official" story so far, Connor never left NA. Just calm down, Connor and Haytham had a book of their own, so why does it matter if they are mentioned here?? Mentioned or not Connor is awesome :) Nothing changes that
Connor didn't get a lot out of that novel, though. Just a little more than a footnote at the end of Forsaken. Forsaken is Haytham's novel through and through. What about Altair? Ezio? Aveline? I mean, it's nice to have fans think Connor is awesome, but when the developers, the makers of this character think the same way someone on YT does...It's kind of disheartening.

You just used a smiley.
It's okay with extreme sarcasm and showing my buddies that I'm not being passive aggressive.

Namikaze_17
12-09-2015, 11:21 PM
So reviving a lost brotherhood, and stopping one of the most influential rites in Templar history must mean nothing in the record books then.

JamesFaith007
12-09-2015, 11:34 PM
So reviving a lost brotherhood, and stopping one of the most influential rites in Templar history must mean nothing in the record books then.

To be honest, in context of games reviving/reforming/cleansing of local brotherhoods and stopping influential Templars rings looks like quite common thing. So when between assassins in Americas is Connor surely legend why should European assassins especially praise him too? They have their own local heroes.

And before someone point out on Aveline, didn't she find important artifact about Eve? Contrary to Connor whose dreamy vision of Juno become important long after Underworld?

pacmanate
12-10-2015, 12:00 AM

Wouldn't be hard to try and forget him

*runs away violently*

Namikaze_17
12-10-2015, 12:05 AM
To be honest, in context of games reviving/reforming/cleansing of local brotherhoods and stopping influential Templars rings looks like quite common thing.

Then why isn't he mentioned? He clearly did it like everyone else - less than some like Alta´r or Ezio, but arguably more than the others if anything.

So when between assassins in Americas is Connor surely legend why should European assassins especially praise him too? They have their own local heroes.

And before someone point out on Aveline, didn't she find important artifact about Eve? Contrary to Connor whose dreamy vision of Juno become important long after Underworld?

It's the fact that Connor's accomplishments speak louder than Aveline's; regardless of what she found which is, generally speaking, something they never really got back to.

Haytham's rite controlled an entire nation, and Connor ended that for the most part.
Tell me how you can't be remembered for that?

Mr.Black24
12-10-2015, 01:07 AM
It's okay, brother...I know it's hard.
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

I'm so desperate to see some kind of new info, that I made this edit, trying to capture an idea on how Connor and his wife would be together.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/8d20c6133493ae17b77a9f9b0e660ceb/tumblr_nytc1oobNX1tvoq00o1_1280.jpg

To be honest, in context of games reviving/reforming/cleansing of local brotherhoods and stopping influential Templars rings looks like quite common thing. So when between assassins in Americas is Connor surely legend why should European assassins especially praise him too? They have their own local heroes. Because the French Brotherhood had always mentioned him with respect, as Charles mentions in Rogue in his speech. Even the fanatic Bellec put Connor's accomplishments next to Altair and Ezio's. It makes sense if the French Brotherhood spread the news to the other European Branches. Especially the English Branch who are technically overseeing Britain and politically speaking, who's conflicts are connected overseas.

JamesFaith007
12-10-2015, 01:28 AM
Because the French Brotherhood had always mentioned him with respect, as Charles mentions in Rogue in his speech. Even the fanatic Bellec put Connor's accomplishments next to Altair and Ezio's. It makes sense if the French Brotherhood spread the news to the other European Branches. Especially the English Branch who are technically overseeing Britain and politically speaking, who's conflicts are connected overseas.

Bellec is bad example. He was former colonial soldier so his connection to Connor was more personal. Twins are different generation.

And I didn't say other European branches don't know him. I said they don't praise him same like American ones. You can respect dozens people from history but there is no reason to mention them all. Connor should easily end like Iltani or Qulan Gal - hero of past, who achieved something great and is generally respected by Brotherhood but in shadow of "bigger" names like reformatory Altair.

F.e. Qulan Gal surely would be more praised in Central Asia then Ezio in Britain.

Mr.Black24
12-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Bellec is bad example. He was former colonial soldier so his connection to Connor was more personal. Twins are different generation.

And I didn't say other European branches don't know him. I said they don't praise him same like American ones. You can respect dozens people from history but there is no reason to mention them all. Connor should easily end like Iltani or Qulan Gal - hero of past, who achieved something great and is generally respected by Brotherhood but in shadow of "bigger" names like reformatory Altair.

F.e. Qulan Gal surely would be more praised in Central Asia then Ezio in Britain.
We don't even know his true feelings for the Colonial Branch, so. Even then, its still a remarkable accomplisment that IS STILL PLACED among two Assassins who are considered to be legends throughout time. Not to mention there is still no excuse to not mention him if Evie was able to mention Assassins like Edward, Aveline, and Arno.

JamesFaith007
12-10-2015, 01:55 AM
Not to mention there is still no excuse to not mention him if Evie was able to mention Assassins like Edward, Aveline, and Arno.

Edward is directly connected to London and probably legend between British Assassins.
Arno connected to London through Elise I think and fought with British Templars.
And Aveline is one of few known (to us players) famous female assassins from Evie's recent past.

Assassin_M
12-10-2015, 02:07 AM
See, guys? We're all just paranoid. It makes complete sense to mention everyone, but not Connor :)

Mr.Black24
12-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Edward is directly connected to London and probably legend between British Assassins.
Arno connected to London through Elise I think and fought with British Templars.
And Aveline is one of few known (to us players) famous female assassins from Evie's recent past. Shao Jun wasn't mentioned now that he had brought it up. If anything, Shao Jun should be mentioned as she literally singlehandedly took down the Chinese Templars and reinstalled the new Chinese Brotherhood, much more than what Aveline did, admitingly. We don't even know what she have done with the Eve info she had gotten.

Not to mention that apparently the British Templars are aware that Haytham is dead. Meaning that they should know that Connor is the one who killed him. With that in mind, the British Assassins would know that it was Connor who had done so. Rogue's War Letters prove that the Assassin Brotherhood kept in touch throughout the world, so there is no excuse that the British, and to the extension to the rest of the European Branches, wouldn't know who Connor is.

Plus, Connor being related to Edward and his accomplishments is a stronger connection that some French Templar wandering into the Kenway mansion. By that reasoning, it should be Elise that should be mentioned, as Arno is in France during all this time.

IN ADDITION, using that logic once again, then Connor should be mentioned too. If Arno being in France all this time warrants a mention, then Connor being in America should be too.

HailStorm_666
12-10-2015, 03:16 AM
Not really convinced Connor is being ignored just yet. Only time I was put off by his marked absence is in Rogue. That would've been the perfect time for a cameo. But with the way Rogue turned out I'm almost kinda glad he only got two name drops.

Sesheenku
12-10-2015, 04:48 AM
Who really cares about something so infinitesimally insignificant?

I mean seriously...

ITT: Waaaaaaaaaah the char that matters to me isn't mentioned in this instance!

JamesFaith007
12-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Not to mention that apparently the British Templars are aware that Haytham is dead. Meaning that they should know that Connor is the one who killed him. With that in mind, the British Assassins would know that it was Connor who had done so. Rogue's War Letters prove that the Assassin Brotherhood kept in touch throughout the world, so there is no excuse that the British, and to the extension to the rest of the European Branches, wouldn't know who Connor is.

Wouldn't know isn't same as not mention him. I didn't mention five most important grandsons of Genghis Khan since school seminary twenty years ago yet I still know them.

And even without Connor and Shao there is ridiculous high number of mentioned historical assassins in book. With new assassins introduced every year it was only matter of time when some of them would be skipped unless author write some bizarre scene with young assassin reciting list of important assassins to his mentor. This time it were Connor, Shao and Adewale who picked shortest straw. And when we sometimes moved to Eastern Asia, reduction of names would be surely much bigger.

Smithies89
12-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Adewale completley slipped my mind!! Im pretty sure he got a mention too

RzaRecta357
12-10-2015, 07:20 PM
So how well do you get to know Henry in this book?

i was skipping them. Especially when the older Ezio book had a bunch of errors...

but it I always regretted not reading the AC3 or. IV book. I forget which. The one that detailed Haythams life.

one details Elise too right?

Civona
12-11-2015, 02:50 AM
#1 who cares #2 he died alone and as a failure. Why would the Assassins remember him as a hero? Not everyone gets to be on the front page of the history books, and I liked Connor specifically because things didn't ever turn out the way he wanted. I don't respect Ezio for being a legend, I think he was mostly an bad character and a jerk until the last part of his life. doesn't matter who is revered, matters who you, the player, actually like.

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-12-2015, 03:00 AM
They didn't mention Connor?! Welp, I have decided not to get the game then :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But I'm just gonna be neutral about this and agree with M, and including the fact that maybe they forgot to mention him - which I really don't think is likely considering all the good reasons the other forumers already posted before me.

I don't know what to think at this point, so »\_(ツ)_/»

But if the writers REALLY did forgot, then shame on them.

If they did that on purpose. then we have a problem.

ze_topazio
12-12-2015, 03:15 AM
http://orig15.deviantart.net/ba30/f/2014/024/0/d/let_it_go__by_jan_jane-d73khqj.gif

I-Like-Pie45
12-12-2015, 03:52 AM
If not even the greats like David Hayter can let it go, how do you expect a simple fan?

CrossedEagle
12-12-2015, 10:49 PM
It is kind of dumb when they list basically everyone to forget Connor, but there might be a reason Evie excluded him. It would be a pretty dumb one, but what if she didn't mention him because Connor is the reason the British lost the American Revolutionary War? I mean Assassins are supposedly forward thinking people, but what if she couldn't let it slide :P?

EaglePrince25
12-13-2015, 06:23 PM
That's strange, because whether you like Connor or not his actions were important and clearly well-known, hence Charles Dorian mentioning him at the end of Rogue and Belec referring to him in Unity. What he did in securing the American Colonies isn't really any different from what the Frye's end up doing in taking back London.

Mr.Black24
12-15-2015, 12:03 AM
So this has gotten wind with the fans, and THEY GOT PISSED.

Hell here is the pic that one of them has gotten, and I have say, I agree with them:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/8187eb4738e48092a5486e6b588830c0/tumblr_nzcf3vDlRo1qeclcao1_1280.jpg

And after seeing this, they have every right to be angry.

SERIOUSLY UBISOFT, YOU FORGOT CONNOR IN SYNDICATE TWICE NOW! Just admit that you hate him already, it'd be so much better than lying to us, holy ****!

SixKeys
12-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Okay, I can kinda see why Connor fans are so pissed. They literally mentioned everyone else in the series, lol.

BTW, how does Evie know Ezio was "handsome and dashing"? She never met him. Also, why is Ezio the only one with a description? Lmao

Farlander1991
12-15-2015, 01:00 AM
To be honest, I'm more baffled by Arno's inclusion rather than Connor's exclusion.

On the other hand, I guess the Assassin who'd be chummy with Napoleon in the 1800s would get pretty known. But we barely know anything about that, so it still seems weird.

And Aveline. I don't think excluding Connor doesn't make sense, but I do think that including Aveline and Arno doesn't make sense.

Nickyhaswifi
12-15-2015, 01:14 AM
So this has gotten wind with the fans, and THEY GOT PISSED.

Hell here is the pic that one of them has gotten, and I have say, I agree with them:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/8187eb4738e48092a5486e6b588830c0/tumblr_nzcf3vDlRo1qeclcao1_1280.jpg

And after seeing this, they have every right to be angry.

SERIOUSLY UBISOFT, YOU FORGOT CONNOR IN SYNDICATE TWICE NOW! Just admit that you hate him already, it'd be so much better than lying to us, holy ****!

Oh dear. Ubisoft really need to let Ezio go. Let. The. Man. Go.

You can tell that ACIII really traumatised Ubisoft. They take what their fans say too much to heart. First the creepy "Ezio's family" In every game, then having characters quote his catchphrase in every game and now they're gushing over how handsome and dashing he is whilst completely ignoring Connor just because the fanbase hates him. Embarrassing.

Mr.Black24
12-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Okay, I can kinda see why Connor fans are so pissed. They literally mentioned everyone else in the series, lol.The response? Laugh, at some might, but after years of this kind of neglect and irrationality its understandable that at this point. Although right now they are creating content like this:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/53c2daff64f299d8fa0093166d26d9ed/tumblr_nzd0j27Df51uia9mfo1_540.png

A bit extreme for my tastes, but some folks within the group are that angry....

Like yall have to remember, no one is upset and angry for other Assassins, as they get their respect and love, however when it comes to Connor, the fanbase has every reason to say and call out Ubisoft's attempt to shove him under the rug.
BTW, how does Evie know Ezio was "handsome and dashing"? She never met him. Also, why is Ezio the only one with a description? LmaoThat Ubisoft fanboy favoritism. Everyone knows that Ezio is better than everyone else.:rolleyes:

pacmanate
12-15-2015, 02:09 AM
Altair got a description too. he legendary. he eagle.

ze_topazio
12-15-2015, 02:13 AM
Disgusting sexualization of Ezio. :mad::eek::p

:cool: Completely understandable though, must be tough being the best character, jealous haters gonna hate. :cool:

pacmanate
12-15-2015, 02:16 AM
idk why people are salty over Ezio's description. Its no secret he is the most loved Character/Assassin. Thats why he got 3 main console/PC games.

He is literally the face of the brand. Everyone knows who he is.

D.I.D.
12-15-2015, 02:47 AM
BTW, how does Evie know Ezio was "handsome and dashing"? She never met him. Also, why is Ezio the only one with a description? Lmao

TBF, if there was a romantic melodrama being performed at the Alhambra about him then it's not so surprising!

http://static1.purebreak.com.br/articles/0/20/31/0/@/102606-posters-de-protagonistas-anteriores-em-620x0-1.jpg

And Edward

http://i.imgur.com/ONROwVJ.png

They probably should put an end to roll call, though! Remember when the games used to talk about assassins you'd never seen (and still haven't)?

Toa TAK
12-15-2015, 06:35 AM
Holy moly. Even Adewale and Aveline got a mention. Aveline.

Where's Connor?

SixKeys
12-15-2015, 08:04 AM
idk why people are salty over Ezio's description. Its no secret he is the most loved Character/Assassin. Thats why he got 3 main console/PC games.

He is literally the face of the brand. Everyone knows who he is.

It makes sense for us, the fans, but not for Evie who has only second-hand knowledge of Ezio's actions, and they're most likely all related to his contributions to the brotherhood. I doubt whoever keeps tabs on the order's history made sure to mention that Ezio was handsome and dashing as if it was relevant to his role as a mentor. It's hilarious because it just shows the author's/Ubisoft's bias towards the character. It's equally weird that they made sure to mention the meaning of Alta´r's name, as if that was relevant too. They got as far as giving a short description of the first two characters, then it's like the author realized mid-sentence "holy ****, I forgot how many characters this series has, I can't be arsed to write about all of them". These books would be shocking in how amateurishly written they are, if they didn't have the advantage of unintended comedy.

AdrianJacek
12-15-2015, 08:50 AM
[...] the handsome and dashing Ezio Auditore da Firenze [...]

Oh for the love of... you know what? Why stop there?

[...] the handsome and dashing Ezio Auditore da Firenze with the cutest bottom. Oh, Ezio! With butt cheeks as round as the moon and just as far out of my grasp! Oh I love him so much! Wait, where was I? Oh yes.... Edward Kenway, Arno Dorian, Adewale... [...]

AdrianJacek
12-15-2015, 11:41 AM
They probably should put an end to roll call, though! Remember when the games used to talk about assassins you'd never seen (and still haven't)?

When was the last time? AC3&ACL with De La Tour and Mackandal?

pacmanate
12-15-2015, 12:20 PM
It makes sense for us, the fans, but not for Evie who has only second-hand knowledge of Ezio's actions, and they're most likely all related to his contributions to the brotherhood. I doubt whoever keeps tabs on the order's history made sure to mention that Ezio was handsome and dashing as if it was relevant to his role as a mentor. It's hilarious because it just shows the author's/Ubisoft's bias towards the character. It's equally weird that they made sure to mention the meaning of Alta´r's name, as if that was relevant too. They got as far as giving a short description of the first two characters, then it's like the author realized mid-sentence "holy ****, I forgot how many characters this series has, I can't be arsed to write about all of them". These books would be shocking in how amateurishly written they are, if they didn't have the advantage of unintended comedy.

I get your point in that regard for sure. I was just kind of broadly stating because I see a lot of Ezio hate on these forums haha.

Totally agree with your post though. Giving descriptions to Altair and Ezio and not the rest is like saying the rest of the Assassin's aren't worth descriptions. Not that saying an Assassin was handsome had anything to do with Ezio's skills is relevant either.

Mr.Black24
12-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Which is why I fear a Connor sequel in book form by Oliver Bowen.

Seriously, don't. I love Christie Golden's work with Blackbeard's Journal and the Abstergo Books. She should do it.

EaglePrince25
12-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Just really strange that people who haven't gotten main games got a mention, but Connor did. Even stranger that of the ones who did get a main game Arno got a mention, but Connor didn't. I mean, no problem with Arno, but he was banished from the Brotherhood, which seems like something that should be noted in the history books about him, as a badge of disgrace if nothing else.

SixKeys
12-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Just really strange that people who haven't gotten main games got a mention, but Connor did. Even stranger that of the ones who did get a main game Arno got a mention, but Connor didn't. I mean, no problem with Arno, but he was banished from the Brotherhood, which seems like something that should be noted in the history books about him, as a badge of disgrace if nothing else.

Not to mention that if the reason for Connor's exclusion is because he wasn't very popular with the general public, then Arno definitely doesn't deserve a mention, considering that his game nearly wrecked the series. AC3, OTOH, was the series' highest-selling game on past-gen consoles. It's a little strange why Ubi seems to want to act like that game didn't exist but are happy to include Unity, their biggest commercial disaster.

Nickyhaswifi
12-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Not to mention that if the reason for Connor's exclusion is because he wasn't very popular with the general public, then Arno definitely doesn't deserve a mention, considering that his game nearly wrecked the series. AC3, OTOH, was the series' highest-selling game on past-gen consoles. It's a little strange why Ubi seems to want to act like that game didn't exist but are happy to include Unity, their biggest commercial disaster.

It's because even though Unity is more hated than ACIII, the fact is Connor is more hated than Arno. In fact, people are rather sympathetic to Arno and his perceived lack of development as if he's some "victim" of the game. Connor, on the other hand, is not seen as a casualty of ACIII but rather a huge part of what's wrong with it so fans are much quicker to dismiss Connor. Whereas most are neither here not there on Arno.

Assassin_M
12-15-2015, 11:45 PM
the fact is Connor is more hated than Arno.
That is demonstrably false. Connor won a character of the year award which was user voted beating Master Chief, Max Payne and Agent 47. AC III is also the second most voted game for xbone backwards compatibility right behind AC II.

Nickyhaswifi
12-16-2015, 12:34 AM
That is demonstrably false. Connor won a character of the year award which was user voted beating Master Chief, Max Payne and Agent 47. AC III is also the second most voted game for xbone backwards compatibility right behind AC II.

Just because he's well liked doesn't mean he isn't hated - and yes you can be both. Connor fans are very passionate and hardcore and will defend him to the death. But he has disturbing number of people who act as if they're spitting blood just thinking about him. He elicits a strong respone from the fanbase - both loyal hardcore fans and also those that despise him. There is no denying that. As for ACIII I recall it was mildly liked at the time but as time has gone by it's received a lot of unnecessary hate which seems to have come out of nowhere.

SixKeys
12-16-2015, 12:43 AM
As for ACIII I recall it was mildly liked at the time but as time has gone by it's received a lot of unnecessary hate which seems to have come out of nowhere.

More like the other way around, actually. AC3 received quite a lot of criticism when it was released, but over the years people's opinions about it seem to have softened somewhat. Especially with regard to modern day. A lot of people hated AC3's modern day, saying it was lazily written and a terrible end to the Desmond saga. Now that we've had several games where modern day has been reduced to a bunch of cut scenes, people are waxing nostalgic about AC3: "At least we had a proper MD back then!".

Nickyhaswifi
12-16-2015, 12:53 AM
More like the other way around, actually. AC3 received quite a lot of criticism when it was released, but over the years people's opinions about it seem to have softened somewhat. Especially with regard to modern day. A lot of people hated AC3's modern day, saying it was lazily written and a terrible end to the Desmond saga. Now that we've had several games where modern day has been reduced to a bunch of cut scenes, people are waxing nostalgic about AC3: "At least we had a proper MD back then!".

I don't remember the historical portion of the game receiving criticism with the exception of the bugs. I do remember the MD ending receiving a lot of hate but that's about it.
I really wouldn't say that people have warmed up to ACIII there is a still a lot of hate on other forums whenever it's mentioned and on the You Tube comment section.

Assassin_M
12-16-2015, 12:58 AM
Just because he's well liked doesn't mean he isn't hated - and yes you can be both.
Well, what you said implied that he's more hated than liked, which is not true. He's polarizing, that's for sure.

As for ACIII I recall it was mildly liked at the time but as time has gone by it's received a lot of unnecessary hate which seems to have come out of nowhere.
I agree with Sixkeys. People now like AC III way more than back when it was newly released. Go to any AC III video or even the retrospect series ubisoft released last month. You'll see people saying AC III was the best game ever and they get hundreds of thumbs ups. Even the Kotaku article that blasted Connor has the highest rated comment come from an editor who defended Connor. Also, like I said, AC III is the second highest voted AC game for xbone backwards compatibility. Also, there's a certain walkthrough series of AC Liberation on YT, it's like maybe 20 videos. The views on average for each video is about 20,000. The only video with over 400,000 views is the one where the title says "Aveline meets Connor".

Nickyhaswifi
12-16-2015, 02:20 AM
Well, what you said implied that he's more hated than liked, which is not true. He's polarizing, that's for sure.

Nope, I said specifically he's more hated than Arno. Of course, he is also more liked than Arno but that's because as I said with Arno most people are rather neutral on him.

I agree with Sixkeys. People now like AC III way more than back when it was newly released. Go to any AC III video or even the retrospect series ubisoft released last month. You'll see people saying AC III was the best game ever and they get hundreds of thumbs ups. Even the Kotaku article that blasted Connor has the highest rated comment come from an editor who defended Connor. Also, like I said, AC III is the second highest voted AC game for xbone backwards compatibility. Also, there's a certain walkthrough series of AC Liberation on YT, it's like maybe 20 videos. The views on average for each video is about 20,000. The only video with over 400,000 views is the one where the title says "Aveline meets Connor".

Well of course because an ACIII video is likely to attract its fans. If you don't care for something you won't spend time watching videos dedicated to it unless you're a 12 year old 'hater' which most AC fans are not. If Duran Duran posted videos on YouTube you would see loads of thumbs up and Duranies in the comment section saying how wonderful they are...

And also, the thumbs up from the editor is probably because... he's the editor. You see that all the time when internet personalities drop a comment on a video or article, it always gets loads of thumbs up because the person is popular.

Using ACIII dedicated videos and websites mean nothing because that is a natural safe space for ACIII fans. That's their hub. I'm talking about whenever ACIII is mentioned out of the blue in passing - the natural kneejerk reaction seems to be that of hate particuarly to Connor.

Assassin_M
12-16-2015, 02:26 AM
Well of course because an ACIII video is likely to attract its fans. If you don't care for something you won't spend time watching videos dedicated to it unless you're a 12 year old 'hater' which most AC fans are not. If Duran Duran posted videos on YouTube you would see loads of thumbs up and Duranies in the comment section saying how wonderful they are
Right, so a video attracts its fans. Great. AC III's retrospect video has the second most views out of the series, after AC I. So, yeah.

And also, the thumbs up from the editor is probably because... he's the editor. You see that all the time when internet personalities drop a comment on a video or article, it always gets loads of thumbs up because the person is popular.
That makes no sense. The editor was not an internet personality nor was his comment on a video or random article. He was on a Kotaku article disagreeing with the author of the article blasting Connor. Him being the editor has nothing to do with him getting upvotes, since it was on Kotaku...He's not a celebrity. But if you insist, another comment defending Connor got like 200 upvotes and it was from some random dude.

Using ACIII dedicated videos and websites mean nothing because that is a natural safe space for ACIII fans. That's their hub. I'm talking about whenever ACIII is mentioned out of the blue in passing
Well, I didn't use examples from only AC III dedicated videos. I brought up the award Connor won, the xbone backwards compatibility and the AC liberation walkthrough video series.

CrossedEagle
12-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Even stranger that of the ones who did get a main game Arno got a mention, but Connor didn't. I mean, no problem with Arno, but he was banished from the Brotherhood, which seems like something that should be noted in the history books about him, as a badge of disgrace if nothing else.
Didn't he rejoin and become a Master Assassin later on? I feel like we need to know what happened in Egypt...

EaglePrince25
12-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Didn't he rejoin and become a Master Assassin later on? I feel like we need to know what happened in Egypt...

Yeah he did and i'm sure that he took part in a variety of actions to earn him the rank and spot in the Brotherhood once more. I was simply saying that out of everyone, it's not Connor who ends his main storyline as an outcast and with that mark against his record. I'd play another game with Arno if they made it.

RegeRoka
12-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Firstly hello everyone, I'm a new recruit.
Secondly, a question: Despite of this, is the book good?

VestigialLlama4
12-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Firstly hello everyone, I'm a new recruit.
Secondly, a question: Despite of this, is the book good?

Well the AC tie-in books are about as readable as the games are good. Underworld is okay and Henry Green is cool but it's not very interesting. Mostly because its about Henry Green and he's not very engaging. They should have made the book about Starrick or Maxwell Roth in my opinion.

RegeRoka
12-23-2015, 12:31 AM
Well the AC tie-in books are about as readable as the games are good. Underworld is okay and Henry Green is cool but it's not very interesting. Mostly because its about Henry Green and he's not very engaging. They should have made the book about Starrick or Maxwell Roth in my opinion.

Thanks, then maybe I'll just use the Edward Kenway way to get it. I want to give it a try nevertheless, one can never know.

Farlander1991
12-23-2015, 12:46 AM
Talking about Edward Kenway way to get things on official forums is not polite at the least.

VestigialLlama4
12-23-2015, 05:45 AM
Talking about Edward Kenway way to get things on official forums is not polite at the least.

It depends on which Edward Kenway we are talking about. Retirement Edward was a legitimate businessman after all.

RegeRoka
12-23-2015, 03:02 PM
It depends on which Edward Kenway we are talking about. Retirement Edward was a legitimate businessman after all.

I wonder.

Farlander1991
12-23-2015, 08:57 PM

Sure there's that, but nobody refers to anything legitimate with a suggestive idiom :p

SixKeys
12-23-2015, 10:59 PM
Sure there's that, but nobody refers to anything legitimate with a suggestive idiom :p

http://inglesparaleigos.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/mr-bean-if-you-know-what-I-mean-300x226.png

Mr.Black24
12-23-2015, 11:13 PM
Bruh, they literally glossed over Connor again.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/28d267d4021231a3c8f3269086037bdb/tumblr_nzrczby0xz1qeclcao1_1280.jpg

Like I can honestly seen an arrow going over Connor and unto Edward. Like come on Ubisoft. Where is the respect man?

Assassin_M
12-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Bruh, they literally glossed over Connor again.

Like I can honestly seen an arrow going over Connor and unto Edward. Like come on Ubisoft. Where is the respect man?
We went from Unity where Pierre put Connor beside Ezio and Altair to this. It's not that I don't like Edward, but it just feels so fake and forced. Ezio was never intended to be this super legendary figure, but his popularity made Ubisoft make him the way he is now. Same with Edward, he didn't even have an official Master title. He was an abstract, no one mentioned him, but all of a sudden, he's the leader of the British Assassins somehow, he became a Master Assassin somehow, he found the shroud somehow and he's put beside Ezio and Altair while Connor gets kicked to the curb.

You know? For all the people here whining about how dare Connor fans want the guy to get a mention, I was on the Fallout subreddit. A lot of people wanted mentions of the protagonist from Fallout 3 and they're asking about it as if it's something they were entitled to. It's natural. People like these sort of references. But hey, Ubisoft has seemingly decided already, Connor's not even worth the bone they've been throwing for his fans every year since AC III released. I have never seen someone create something and be so embarrassed by it, truly. Only one time I saw something like this: Ride to Hell. Connor got Ride to Hell'd. Man, and Jeffery says it wasn't intentional. Come on....

Mr.Black24
12-24-2015, 12:51 AM
Only one time I saw something like this: Ride to Hell. Connor got Ride to Hell'd. Man, and Jeffery says it wasn't intentional. Come on....

The fact that Connor doesn't even warrant an afterthought is insane. Want to know the fan's response to these shenanigans?

https://40.media.tumblr.com/53c2daff64f299d8fa0093166d26d9ed/tumblr_nzd0j27Df51uia9mfo1_540.png

This pic was goin hot for sometime, but what did you expect after crapping on Connor fans, teasing them with his ending, and all of a sudden just dropping his presence? Someone mentioned a quote from the movie James Cameron Avatar: "They're pissing on us without the common courtesy of calling it rain"

HELL EVEN SHAY HAS A EASTER EGG MENTION

http://40.media.tumblr.com/117e5573cf9c205a5d47811e461efde8/tumblr_nwr11oWplU1r1ed0mo2_500.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/26c595834d41f20d215347ec7d30cb2c/tumblr_nwr11oWplU1r1ed0mo1_500.png

As found by fellow artist, sunsetagain (http://sunsetagain.tumblr.com/post/131844409455/wth-why-the-morrigan-in-kenways-mansion)

This is why the hate grows man, this is how you get people angry at you, Ubisoft.

Farlander1991
12-24-2015, 01:02 AM
The part with Shay is stretching it. That's supposed to be Jackdaw even if they used the wrong model. It's textured just like Jackdaw. And it's Edward Kenway's house, after all.

Assassin_M
12-24-2015, 01:04 AM
The part with Shay is stretching it. That's supposed to be Jackdaw even if they used the wrong model.
Yeah, I'm going with this too. This is from Ubisoft. The same people who confused the sage's eye colors in Unity. Yup. They made the adviser the sage.

Farlander1991
12-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I'm going with this too. This is from Ubisoft. The same people who confused the sage's eye colors in Unity. Yup. They made the adviser the sage.

To be fair, it's not just Ubisoft, it's pretty much all creators of franchises. This may surprise a lot of fans, but because there's so many things going into creating a game, tv show, or a movie or anything, a bunch of times some mistakes get through that only hardcore fans can notice. Heck, I've played all games of the series and it never even got into my head to check, 'hm, I wonder if they used the correct model for Jackdaw, or if they decided to to sneak in somebody else's ship there'.

Assassin_M
12-24-2015, 01:08 AM
To be fair, it's not just Ubisoft, it's pretty much all creators of franchises. This may surprise a lot of fans, but because there's so many things going into creating a game, tv show, or a movie or anything, a bunch of times some mistakes get through that only hardcore fans can notice. Heck, I've played all games of the series and it never even got into my head to check, 'hm, I wonder if they used the correct model for Jackdaw, or if they decided to to sneak in somebody else's ship there'.
Yeah, but the sage's eye colors is not some obscure element of lore. They DID know that the sage has different eye colors, they DID remember, but they gave it to someone else instead of the actual sage. I dunno, I've been pretty pissy recently so anything is gonna set me off.

Farlander1991
12-24-2015, 01:12 AM
Yeah, but the sage's eye colors is not some obscure element of lore. They DID know that the sage has different eye colors, they DID remember, but they gave it to someone else instead of the actual sage. I dunno, I've been pretty pissy recently so anything is gonna set me off.

Wait, are you talking about Jacques de Molay's eyes? They're from Abstergo product that we know is always has everything they don't want edited out (as evidenced by Liberation previously, and well AC4 as well), I'm pretty sure Jacques de Molay's eyes is part of that. The prologue is not from the actual DNA databases.

Also, the advisor doesn't have sage's eyes. They may be different (looked the same to me to be honest), but they're not the sage color combination.

Assassin_M
12-24-2015, 01:18 AM
Wait, are you talking about Jacques de Molay's eyes? They're from Abstergo product that we know is always has everything they don't want edited out (as evidenced by Liberation previously, and well AC4 as well), I'm pretty sure Jacques de Molay's eyes is part of that. The prologue is not from the actual DNA databases.

Also, the advisor doesn't have sage's eyes. They may be different, but they're not the sage color combination.
Yup and Darby hypothesized that it was probably an oversight when I asked him if there was a hidden reason for it on twitter.

I think they're the same color, no? Different eyes, but same colors.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GUKW3HXKnMw/maxresdefault.jpghttp://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACU2/14.jpg

ze_topazio
12-24-2015, 01:21 AM
http://oi67.tinypic.com/viil1l.jpg

Assassin_M
12-24-2015, 01:28 AM
In my will, I will write your contact details and ask my descendants to demand more of this for the world.

Farlander1991
12-24-2015, 01:29 AM
@Assassin_M, it's the lighting, man. It can make eye colors look slightly different, you know, and that bright eye is not the supposed sage color.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hVSGLO_4ius/maxresdefault.jpg

And I looked at a bunch of other screens, there's no evidence that he's got different eyes, in a lot of screens with more uniform lighting on the face they look the same. So unless there's some model render that shows that he specifically has the sage version of heterochromia, I'm not convinced.

ze_topazio
12-24-2015, 01:59 AM
In my will, I will write your contact details and ask my descendants to demand more of this for the world.

http://i.imgur.com/Ek9uBhF.gif

SixKeys
12-24-2015, 02:50 AM

And the same people who almost forgot Alta´r's missing finger in ACR and had to replace all the cut scenes and character models they'd already created at the last minute. :p

Mr.Black24
12-24-2015, 03:34 AM
Yup and Darby hypothesized that it was probably an oversight when I asked him if there was a hidden reason for it on twitter.

I think they're the same color, no? Different eyes, but same colors.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GUKW3HXKnMw/maxresdefault.jpghttp://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACU2/14.jpg

Nah, trust me, its just the lighting. I was giving a quick pass at this in photoshop as I was doin some art at this time, and its just the lighting hitting a certain angle of his face that just makes it darker.

And the same people who almost forgot Alta´r's missing finger in ACR and had to replace all the cut scenes and character models they'd already created at the last minute. :p Wait really? Damm dude lol.

Plus it does make sense that it would be the Jackdaw and not the Morrigan. Thankfully, otherwise that really blows the gasket right there. I mean forget the latest Kenway, but lets put in the irish fella who isn't a Kenway, in there instead?! HAAHAHA, no.

But seriously, its a missed opportunity, and now that it feels like we are moving away from the 18th and 19th century, I don't see any chance of filling any info about Connor and co. any time in the next 5 years......

great

RegeRoka
12-24-2015, 05:24 PM

Haha, this is great.
I don't understand why is the majority puting Ezio on a piedestal, and hating on almost every other character. Last time I've seen it on youtube under the comments of a Jack the ripper DLC: they were claiming that Ezio would have kicked the rippers *** imediately, and that Jacob's defeat means that he is a bad character. I can't comprehend how is this a legit argument but well... ok.
I'm not a Connor fan, but don't tell me Edward is a better assassin in any way, or that he is more worthy of mentioning than Connor.

Assassin_M
12-24-2015, 07:22 PM
I stand corrected. I started the game and zoomed in on his eyes and it seems it was just the lighting. I'm dumb.

RegeRoka
12-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Soooo... In my humble opinion, the book should have ended with the death of Ethan and the twins making their vow. The last 50 pages of summa summarum is really needless, and not well-written either.

ERICATHERINE
12-26-2015, 07:59 PM
Here is a simple mathematical problem for ubisoft.

What does

puting Connor out of ac underworld while listing the others Assassins + closing acinitiates.com instead of making it as it was BEFORE the "big upgrade" that was actualy a downgrade + Not talking about Connor in ac syndicate while he was Edward's grandson?

The answer is = many people with a face similar to this one :mad:

Mr.Black24
01-09-2016, 02:40 AM
UPDATE

So it was mentioned to Sunsetagain about the thing she found, and said, well if Ubisoft screwed up, then what do you call this:

https://56.media.tumblr.com/37747e922fe04a687bb6a787f51218cf/tumblr_inline_o0msnxuKg71qmpdv3_540.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/117e5573cf9c205a5d47811e461efde8/tumblr_nwr11oWplU1r1ed0mo2_540.jpg

The Jackdaw AND the Morrigan in the same place. Now I'm really angry at Ubisoft........

Give props to Shay, who really isn't a Kenway, but show none for Connor, who is a Kenway.

Why not just give us something substantial Ubisoft, you know the fans aren't going to fall for the whole "make your own ending" excuse.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-09-2016, 05:22 PM
I. Will. Remain. Calm.

I. Will. Remain. Calm.

I. Will. Remain. Calm.

Although there are still many people that believe Connor isn't even a Kenway because we still don't know if he took his father's last name, and Ubisoft has yet to confirm it, and they constantly list him as one.

And yet, while playing Syndicate, during the loading screen, it just said "1782 Connor blah blah blah." No last name whatsoever.

Black_Widow9
01-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Although there are still many people that believe Connor isn't even a Kenway because we still don't know if he took his father's last name, and Ubisoft has yet to confirm it, and they constantly list him as one.

And yet, while playing Syndicate, during the loading screen, it just said "1782 Connor blah blah blah." No last name whatsoever.

Imo you don't need to share a last name to be related. ;)

Ureh
01-09-2016, 10:56 PM
The Aquila is also known as the Ghost of the North Seas. Being the stealthiest member of the Assassin Fleet means that we can't see her. Mark my words... she's still out there. Watching, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Assassin_M
01-09-2016, 11:14 PM
The Aquila is also known as the Ghost of the North Seas. Being the stealthiest member of the Assassin Fleet means that we can't see her. Mark my words... she's still out there. Watching, waiting for the right moment to strike.
Cheers for the laugh.

ze_topazio
01-09-2016, 11:38 PM
The Aquila is in the Assassin museum.

Mr.Black24
01-10-2016, 04:25 AM
Imo you don't need to share a last name to be related. ;)

*Shifts this to you* for ya if you can convince Ubisoft to make Connor take the Kenway name as his own out of respect for his family as canon:rolleyes: http://www.alecpow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Two-Dollars.png