PDA

View Full Version : OT: i need help to buy a modem for adsl

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Hi gents. Sorry for the offtopi post but its not really off topic since im changing to adsl to enjoy better the online game. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Im looking forward to buy a modem/router but i need some help about the models. Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Hi gents. Sorry for the offtopi post but its not really off topic since im changing to adsl to enjoy better the online game. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Im looking forward to buy a modem/router but i need some help about the models. Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 12:02 AM
Try to buy an ethernet modem. USB adsl modems suck if you ask me. I'have alim probs that make mine freeze after a few hours for instance.

Nic

http://nicolas10.freeservers.com/images/et.jpg

OK I -->[]

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:26 PM
The company that provides you he adsl service probably provides it and probably for free. All the ones I've seen (and use both at work and home) are Fujitsa Speedport (which, despite the Japanese name, are made in Israel; go figure).Never had any trouble with em.

They do hook up through ethernet. You probably will have to reset your computer. Basically, You're fooling it to make it think you're on a Lan, but it's really your internet connection.

If you have a good provider, they should walk you through it on the telephone or from whoever installs it.

ttt

tttiger

"Never wise up a chump!" -- W.C. Fields