PDA

View Full Version : Possibility for Esports?

Snickmordur
12-08-2015, 05:54 AM
Hello!
I was wondering what everyone thinks about For Honor becoming an Esports game?
I personally believe that if Ubisoft does the "easy to learn hard to master" style of game then esports is a definite possibility.

With dominion mode replying heavily on strategy and not just hacknslash I think that this gamemode would be used in the Esports scene.

What do you think?

SquadCityTyler
12-08-2015, 07:17 AM
I guarantee there's a heavy possibility for eSports, while it being something like League of Legends where there is a whole HUGE scene with it, that I'm not sure of. However I am almost positive there WILL be tournaments no doubt. Ubisoft Montrela has also expressed not verbally, but through action (being part of an actual tournament), that the game can be heavily geared towards professional play and eSports, which is extremely healthy in the long run, for both sides.

I would say when you can, start practicing. :P

MisterWillow
12-08-2015, 07:48 AM
There were threads shortly after the announcement (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1176027-Does-anyone-see-For-Honor-as-a-potential-e-sport?) and here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1205590-E-SPORTS-Tournaments!?)) that were asking about esports.

Generally, the proposition was overwhelmingly positive---I think it would be a very engaging and entertaining game to watch competitively, myself---but it was also pointed out that whether or not it becomes an esport has little to do with the devs and more to do with the player base being large enough, and vocal enough, to facilitate it.

http://www.dobhran.com/images/uptoyou-title1.gif

Fatal-Feit
12-09-2015, 03:27 AM
Generally, the proposition was overwhelmingly positive---I think it would be a very engaging and entertaining game to watch competitively, myself---but it was also pointed out that whether or not it becomes an esport has little to do with the devs and more to do with the player base being large enough, and vocal enough, to facilitate it.

If the game lives up to our expectations, we will surely be adamant about it.

I'm not a big fan of eSports, but they sure are entertaining to watch, and I've said it before but watching people play For Honor is incredibly entertaining. It has the cinematic factor that most other eSports games don't have and I think that element will make For Honor stand out from the rest if it succeeds.

MisterWillow
12-09-2015, 05:53 AM
If the game lives up to our expectations, we will surely be adamant about it.

I'm not a big fan of eSports, but they sure are entertaining to watch, and I've said it before but watching people play For Honor is incredibly entertaining. It has the cinematic factor that most other eSports games don't have and I think that element will make For Honor stand out from the rest if it succeeds.

Absolutely. I still like watching the matches that I've already seen occasionally (usually when looking for a reference for a post here).