PDA

View Full Version : il2 will not work after restart

dholdi
01-04-2004, 12:58 PM
please forgive if i am breaking forum rules.
i just need help with the above problem and i am new to forums.
i install game and update to latest version.
i can then play perfectly for as long as i like even quitting game, doing something else, then restarting game, everything is fine.
however if windows is restated the game will not run and i get the error window to submit problem report to microsoft.
the only way i can get it to work again is to uninstall and reinstall.
please help as i love this game.

regards

dave

dholdi
01-04-2004, 12:58 PM
please forgive if i am breaking forum rules.
i just need help with the above problem and i am new to forums.
i install game and update to latest version.
i can then play perfectly for as long as i like even quitting game, doing something else, then restarting game, everything is fine.
however if windows is restated the game will not run and i get the error window to submit problem report to microsoft.
the only way i can get it to work again is to uninstall and reinstall.
please help as i love this game.

regards

dave

JG27_Dacripler
01-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Glad you asked, because many have problems in this game but the great news!! You bought this hours-of-fun IL2-FB at a perfect time. The last patch is out which is a great thing.. and the Seasoned Vets have the cure for you!

Basics:

1) Be specific in your questioning.
2) Do a Direct-X Diagnosis. It will take out all the guesswork rather than a vague question.
3)On your computer,close all programs then push: "Start"> then > "Run" and type in: "dxdiag" (without the "quotations") after that is completed. save the report. Go to Technical support (other forum) Copy & Paste your DX Diag to the forum with this question and you are sure to get a speedy reply !
WELCOME to the fun

dholdi
01-05-2004, 12:03 PM
thanks for the reply
i will do as you advise