PDA

View Full Version : Horrific mouse responsiveness in Syndicate... any tweaks to fix?

Prothean
12-07-2015, 08:26 PM
I've been trying to get the mouse to feel "snappy" in Syndicate and it's been impossible. I understand mouse smoothing, mouse acceleration, etc... but Syndicate seems to be hard wired for a controller camera curve setting even when using a mouse for camera movement. In other games (Batman Arkham Knight, MGS V, etc) the camera is like a 1:1 movement which translates to fast and snappy... in Syndicate I feel like I'm turning the Titanic when moving the camera... there's an easing that happens after mouse movement stops like it's in a sort of trackball mode where after you stop movement, the camera keeps moving and eases into place. While this may be good for a controller, for a mouse, it makes it almost unplayable. I've looked at some peoples suggestions about setting priority to the executable in the Explorer, but this is not a lag issue or anything like that... it's a matter of finding a way to totally disable any sort of mouse assistance and making it a true 1:1 movement.

Anyone know of a way to tweak either the ini or xml files to completely disable all that? I've fiddled myself, but nothing seems to work and I haven't found a proper solution online.

Right now I've resorted to playing with my Xbox One controller, but I'd really prefer to play with M/K like I'm able to do with Black Flag and other AC games.

Frag_Maniac
12-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Windows has slight acceleration even with it turned off in mouse properties. I used a reg hack to remove it.

WingedHussar_PL
12-07-2015, 09:39 PM
I agree. Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate have the worst mouse responsivenes that I ever seen in the games. Probably because of poor gfx engine optimisation - if you lower graphics settings, mouse responsivenes is much better.

Prothean
12-07-2015, 09:52 PM
I agree. Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate have the worst mouse responsivenes that I ever seen in the games. Probably because of poor gfx engine optimisation - if you lower graphics settings, mouse responsivenes is much better.

For me, I don't think it's that so much... I'm on a 980 Ti Superclock and have been using the GeForce Experience recommended (not everything maxed) and at 1080p... I'm pretty much locked to 60FPS the whole time.

But yah, if I load up Black Flag, it feels so much better with a mouse and keyboard... not the case with Syndicate and Unity which feel better with a controller.

YazX_
12-07-2015, 11:20 PM
well i have no problems in controls but the only thing i noticed that sometimes the button doesn't get registered while in combat especially when there are too many targets like in gang wars, its definitely annoying but it doesn't happen all the time which is a good thing.