PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an AC game like Syndicate and Unity in the future?

seancass37
12-07-2015, 07:20 PM
other then the 2-D Chronicles, will we see another AC game(s) like Unity or Syndicate and if so when will news be released?

Frag_Maniac
12-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. Even though they've had two very unoptimized titles on this engine, I'm sure they'll repeat the same mistake again. I doubt they'll ever admit that this engine just isn't made well enough to handle games like this.

seancass37
12-08-2015, 05:27 AM
the engine is fine...it is just that devs release games sometimes before they are ready. would really like to see Japan, or WW1and/or II ( as we saw the world wars as part of time rifts in Unity and Synidcate)

strigoi1958
12-08-2015, 05:55 AM
DX12 will make a huge difference in the future. the game is running amazing for me

Frag_Maniac
12-08-2015, 10:23 PM
the engine is fine...it is just that devs release games sometimes before they are ready. would really like to see Japan, or WW1and/or II ( as we saw the world wars as part of time rifts in Unity and Synidcate)

Except we aren't just talking devs in general here, we're talking Ubi, and Unity was never patched well enough to make even fairly good recommended spec run it at decent settings and frame rates. Same with Far Cry, there were tons of complaints about both Far Cry 3 & 4 never running well. The stuttering in Far Cry 4 was never completely fixed, and what they did to try and fix it resulted in noticeable LOD sabotage, like we're seeing in Syndicate's latest patch.

I'll give them credit for creative game concepts and stunning visuals, but performance and technical polish is where they always drop the ball, and it's not like the patching fixes it.