PDA

View Full Version : Assasin's Creed: Rogue crashing at start of playable scene

jasonthelamb
12-07-2015, 07:00 AM
System:
i5-2500K
16GB DDR3 RAM 1600
R9 390X

I boot up Assassin's Creed Rogue, and make it ~10 steps in-game before "ACC.exe has stopped working" (or an error like that) appears.
I have made zero progress in the game, it's been crashing since I've bought it.

Disabled the uplay overlay, still crashing.

Just wondering if there were any other suggestions.

YazX_
12-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Have you tried to verify game files?

jenson419
12-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Lower environmental quality to normal, high or very high will cause the game to stop working, its an issue related to radeon crimson driver

Azza.Kazam
12-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Lower environmental quality to normal, high or very high will cause the game to stop working, its an issue related to radeon crimson driver

That's exactly what is happening with mine, and started after an AMD update was installed. I removed the profile for Rogue from my AMD settings and it still happens. Can run everything on Max except environment quality, hope someone comes up with a fix for this!!

Shaheed1472
03-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Hey Everone

Shaheed181 here.

Assassins creed rogue, Black flag as well as unity may result in crashing upon startup. Especially on win 8 and possibly 10 heres wat u do.

1 Go to directory of either one of the three and right click on the game app (acbfsp,acc,acu.exe)
2 then go to properties, then compatibillity.
3 Enable run in compatibillity of windows 8 or 10 (i would suggest 7 or 8..)
4 then click apply/ok.
5 right click on windows icon on desktop (start button) and look for manage devices or Device Manager..
6 Click on display adapters and make sure its enabled OR UP TO DATE!!! DO UPDATE IT MEDIATELY.
7 if its not, check for graphics card driver updates.
8 Update it.
9 its should start and not crash. Always have the Patch or cracked updates( if not original..)
10 thats it

Any one with more solutions, please email me at shaheed_58@yahoo.com. I have this problem as

TaylorBlakeH
03-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Hey Everone

Shaheed181 here.

Assassins creed rogue, Black flag as well as unity may result in crashing upon startup. Especially on win 8 and possibly 10 heres wat u do.

1 Go to directory of either one of the three and right click on the game app (acbfsp,acc,acu.exe)
2 then go to properties, then compatibillity.
3 Enable run in compatibillity of windows 8 or 10 (i would suggest 7 or 8..)
4 then click apply/ok.
5 right click on windows icon on desktop (start button) and look for manage devices or Device Manager..
6 Click on display adapters and make sure its enabled OR UP TO DATE!!! DO UPDATE IT MEDIATELY.
7 if its not, check for graphics card driver updates.
8 Update it.
9 its should start and not crash. Always have the Patch or cracked updates( if not original..)
10 thats it

Any one with more solutions, please email me at shaheed_58@yahoo.com. I have this problem as

You REALLY might want to take the part about cracked updates out of your post..... They're going to ban you. They don't play with that **** around here

chestm007
04-22-2017, 03:06 PM
I hate necro bumping, but i was having this exact issue, and i think I've fixed it, so posting here to try and save someone else the hell I've been through.

Whenever a cutscene or any sort of movie animation started, i'd see maybe 3 frames and then the game would crash, sometimes bad enough to bluescreen with a "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR"
This happened to the point where i had removed drivers, reinstalled, reinstalled the game, and was about to reinstall windows!
i dropped all graphics setting down to low or off and the game now works.

My next steps are to slowly increase settings one at a time and find out what specific one was causing the issue.

note: this only starts happening once i restart the game.

System Specs, just incase:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x (OC'd to 4.02ghz)
Corsair Veneance LED 2x16GB 3000mhz (running at 2666Mhz)
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard
2x ASUS ROG STRIX RX480 8GB OC GPU's
Enermax 1000w psu
Crucial 256gb SSD

Vykentijs
07-25-2017, 12:53 PM
For AMD users turn off AMD Gaming Evolved.

That works for me on RX 480