PDA

View Full Version : Races

SGotam
12-07-2015, 05:40 AM
Is it just me or does Ubisoft enjoy putting one very annoying mini-game in every game they release? From the stupid chess games in the last couple of AC games, to the dumb drinking game in Watch Dogs, and now these races in Syndicate that are so frustrating. Everytime I finally get a good turn and the AI get's screwed they automatically catch up and start ramming into my side, when I do the same nothing happens. I am fully upgraded yet after 10 seconds into the race the wheels are wobbly and clearly the AI carriages are much faster.

Sesheenku
12-07-2015, 05:56 AM
Omg XD they've become Final Fantasy!

Ahahahah!

ImaginaryRuins
12-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Is it just me or does Ubisoft enjoy putting one very annoying mini-game in every game they release? From the stupid chess games in the last couple of AC games, to the dumb drinking game in Watch Dogs, and now these races in Syndicate that are so frustrating. Everytime I finally get a good turn and the AI get's screwed they automatically catch up and start ramming into my side, when I do the same nothing happens. I am fully upgraded yet after 10 seconds into the race the wheels are wobbly and clearly the AI carriages are much faster.

I know what you mean. Those A.I. are ridiculous. Once I was way ahead but then one A.I. was like strapped with a rocket booster and instantly surpassed me. Slamming their carriages also doesn't seem effective in slowing them down, but every time they ram me I would be slowed down a lot.

D.I.D.
12-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Never lost a race. There's a distinct hint in one of the upgrades, the one that reduces the amount of time lost when you hit things.

Don't slam opponents unless it's tactically useful. They don't get damaged like you do and might even be immortal. They need to get into collisions that have little-to-no involvement from you
In fact, don't slow down. Tap the turbo at the right points going through the curve, and your acceleration will give you accurate drift. Don't brake to drift.
Bottlenecks are your friend. Remember where they are in Lap 1 so you and only you get through them in Laps 2 and 3. Although there's some rubberbanding, that seems to mess the opponents up just enough that they lose significant ground.

cawatrooper9
12-08-2015, 05:36 PM
I didn't think they were that hard, but I always hate race minigames. Even in GTA, where racing through the streets makes slightly more sense, they just feel like a contrived reason to drive more (and I wasn't a big fan of carriages in the game to begin with, outside of the carriage rooftop fight mechanic).