PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I block people on Uplay?

Paragleiber
12-06-2015, 10:03 AM
I am recently getting a lot of Uplay friend requests from strangers because I am doing very well in the Summit competitions in The Crew Wild Run, where everyone can see the leaderboards. While I appreciate that people want to be my friends I just don't want to have dozens of strangers on my friend list, so if someone wants to add me on Uplay that has never talked to me anywhere before I usually decline them. However, some people are really persistent and constantly send me new requests. Why is there no way to block these people, so that they can't send me requests anymore? Every other software with a friend list system that I know has such a feature. That is definitely something that should be added to Uplay as well. People that I don't want as my friends shouldn't be able to bother me like that. I can't just leave the requests open either because then the friend list symbol in Uplay is constantly yellow, so that I can't see if any of my actual friends have messaged me.

Ubi-Joel
12-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Paragleiber!

For now you can accept them as a friend and block them once they're in your friends list.

/Joel

RyuuOujiXS
05-30-2016, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Paragleiber!

For now you can accept them as a friend and block them once they're in your friends list.

/Joel

That hits the Top 10 of stupidest policies that exist. Ubisoft obviously can't get simplest things right...

"Oh, I want to block this person. LET'S BE ****IN' FRIENDS FIRST!"

Pekmez-Pita
06-01-2016, 06:54 PM
The same reason you can't access profiles and report repeat offenders. Because Uplay is a ****ing joke compared to Steam.

DemonLee1027
03-06-2017, 05:23 AM
company has always been a joke to me ever since i played siege

Alekero
05-31-2018, 02:01 PM
It was 2018 - still no blocking or report option in Uplay. Origin or Steam still laughin.