PDA

View Full Version : Will AC: Syndicate Season pass purchased in steam works in uplay account?

FlameInfernity
12-06-2015, 02:07 AM
Hi,

I have AC: Syndicate game which the key linked to uplay account, and i want to purchase season pass for it, however the SP sold in uplay shop are not available for Asia, and i found that SP also sold in steam. I heard that steam and uplay are separated, so i just wonder is SP purchased in steam will be work in uplay? Thank You.

YazX_
12-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Hello,

general and short answer no it will not work, more explained answer is it might work but contents will not be downloaded because steam is the responsible platform for downloading game + contents + DLCs if you have steam version of the game or activating steam keys, so when activating steam key in UPlay, it might go through but UPlay will not download the SP contents since its a steam key.

so you always have to stick with the platform you bought it from, if from steam then all DLCs and extra contents must be purchased from steam as well, and same goes for UPlay versions. this is for all Ubisoft games not only this one.

FlameInfernity
12-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Hello,

general and short answer no it will not work, more explained answer is it might work but contents will not be downloaded because steam is the responsible platform for downloading game + contents + DLCs if you have steam version of the game or activating steam keys, so when activating steam key in UPlay, it might go through but UPlay will not download the SP contents since its a steam key.

so you always have to stick with the platform you bought it from, if from steam then all DLCs and extra contents must be purchased from steam as well, and same goes for UPlay versions. this is for all Ubisoft games not only this one.

Ya i did expected this, so i have checked the SP sold in Uplay Shop, but it restricted me to purchase it due to country restriction. Notice from uplay shop:

"Please note that this product is not for sale in the following countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Province of China, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman."

And the status i always get after put into cart:

THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS ARE RESTRICTED AND CANNOT BE ADDED TO YOUR BASKET:
Assassin's CreedŽ Syndicate - Season Pass

I stay at Malaysia, so is there any method to purchase it? Thanks for replying.

YazX_
12-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Ya i did expected this, so i have checked the SP sold in Uplay Shop, but it restricted me to purchase it due to country restriction. Notice from uplay shop:

"Please note that this product is not for sale in the following countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Province of China, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman."

And the status i always get after put into cart:

THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS ARE RESTRICTED AND CANNOT BE ADDED TO YOUR BASKET:
Assassin's CreedŽ Syndicate - Season Pass

I stay at Malaysia, so is there any method to purchase it? Thanks for replying.

yes please contact Ubisoft support as they can help you further in this, link is in my signature, and let me know the result.

FlameInfernity
12-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Hi, here is the reply from the support team,

"Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. My name is William and I'll be assisting with your query.

It is not possible to purchase the Season Pass from the Uplay shop in Malaysia. The season pass available on Steam would not be compatible with your version of the game. I have included a link below to approved retailers, some of whom may sell the Season Pass in your region :

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faq/9/3888/list-of-approved-retailers/kA030000000em6HCAQ

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
William
Uplay Shop Customer Service."

Although it is not able to purchase from home network, but i found that i can purchase it via company network which randomly link to Netherlands's uplay shop, where it no country restriction and season pass is in my uplay account.

Thanks for your helping.