PDA

View Full Version : [Possible Spoilers] What's the general consensus of Syndicate?

JustPlainQuirky
12-06-2015, 01:52 AM
Hi guys. Long time no see.

Long story short I got Syndicate for free with Nvidia purchase. I was wondering what the general consensus of the game was within the forums.

I know there's no modern day and it's a disconnected story but I've come to accept that. Wondering if it's worth the play through.

So if any one of you regulars could do a run down of what this forum has found to be generally Pro and Con regarding the installment, that would be great.

Thanks ahead. That's all I have to ask.

P.S. Apologies for past history. A lot of time passed since then and I cringe thinking back at it. College, a soul mate, and experience changed me and I'm no where the same pathetic offensive socially-inept person I once was. At least not to as large of a degree. I'm not coming back to spam again, don't worry. Just curious about Syndicate opinions is all.

Cheers.

ze_topazio
12-06-2015, 01:59 AM
Mayrice!!! thou live!!!

I haven't played it but apparently is quite good, and modern day is told through videos, far from being as good as the Desmond days or even the flying tablet days but apparently is pretty decent.

I guess you should wait for someone who actually played the game for a more knowledgeable opinion.

ModernWaffle
12-06-2015, 02:24 AM
Hi guys. Long time no see.

Long story short I got Syndicate for free with Nvidia purchase. I was wondering what the general consensus of the game was within the forums.

I know there's no modern day and it's a disconnected story but I've come to accept that. Wondering if it's worth the play through.

So if any one of you regulars could do a run down of what this forum has found to be generally Pro and Con regarding the installment, that would be great

Welcome back ;)

From reading various threads general impression I'm getting on a few things:

Pros - Gameplay
-Rope launcher actually turned out to be a practical and fun inclusion
-London is an amazing city
-Gang strongholds as fun side missions
-WW1 segement

Pros - Story
-Templars more interesting than Unity (Starrick and Roth are particularly well received)
-A lot of people have also taken a liking to Evie's character
-References to Edward Kenway in Evie's story missions
-Modern Day much more relevant - having returning and new lore characters appear

Cons - Gameplay
-Still no simple hood toggle
-Evie gets less story missions than Jacob
-Rooks seem pointless and actually disrupts stealth sometimes
-AI still not very difficult (OP upgrades only make things even easier)
-Races and Templar Bounty Hunts as less enjoyable side missions
-Less opportunity for stealth in missions

Cons - Story
-Rushed pacing especially at the beginning
-Rooks having lack of presence in the storyline
-Anti-climatic ending
-Not enough development of Evie/Henry's relationship
-Jacob and Evie primarily being defined by their assassin background rather than any personal traits
-Modern Day still restricted to cutscenes only

Assassin_M
12-06-2015, 02:37 AM
Welcome back, you owe no one any explanation. Glad you're in a better place, though.

The general consensus around here is that it's a good game. It's not to the degree of love found on the subreddit, but most people here see it as a good game.

If you've finished the game or don't mind spoilers, here's my review: https://shaabanm.wordpress.com/2015/11/22/assassins-creed-syndicate-review/

D.I.D.
12-06-2015, 03:10 AM
Really like it.

Overall, it's played with a very light touch, so expect no core-shaking revelations or big changes to the story (although there is something really juicy about Desmond hidden in the Helix data collectibles).

Gameplay is great, clothes excellent, city beautiful. Non-mission liberation work is wealth of good action that you lead yourself.

Downsides: Darwin/Chickens missions are bad, Conspiracy DLC is appalling. Some of the work you do for the main NPCs can be a bit of a drag, but we all seem to disagree about which things we liked and didn't which is quite encouraging in a way.

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2015, 03:11 AM
Hi Quirky!!! It's great to see you again. I'm glad that you're doing much better. :)

I beat the game and didn't dislike it, but as you said, there's not a single new feature that's really interesting. I did like the rope launcher a lot, and it's essential for my 1920s game. Carriage driving is alright but nothing special. London is the best city yet imo, lifelike and massive. The MD has some interesting stuff but will still leave you wanting. I really loved the WW1 segment, it was definitely my favorite part of the game. I ranked Syndicate 4th overall, after the North America saga, so interpret that as you will.

If you still have any sliver of interest in AC left I'd play it, but if you've moved on then you aren't missing much.

Sesheenku
12-06-2015, 04:20 AM
Passable is the best I can say about it.

Also hai.

Not coming back to spam? A shame indeed.

SixKeys
12-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Sup Quirky.

I think the general consensus is pretty much exactly what people were expecting after Unity. A game that does nothing revolutionary, but takes the things that worked the best in past games and polished the technical issues. Basically the ACB to AC2 or AC4 to AC3. In other words, nothing new under the sun, but the experience is more fun because the devs have gotten a better hang of what works and what doesn't.

I'm only in sequence 6 myself, so haven't finished the game yet. So far I love the twins' interaction, playing as Evie is awesome and London is amazing with all its details. No Initiates-type interconnectedness and the chaotic map with a million icons has been reined in for once. Definitely worth a playthrough. :)

The game runs smoothly on my PC, aside from frequent crashes and the occasional freeze here and there. People in the tech side of the forums are trying to figure out solutions.

RVSage
12-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Welcome back,

I would say good game, not the best AC, not GOTY material, is fun to play. Normal story, beautiful city(Best part of the game), fun lead characters. Normal AAA level stability on console ,Decent PC port (way better than some other AAA game ports). Fun side missions after AC BF.

ninja4hire10
12-07-2015, 02:47 AM
Like SixKeys above, I just started Sequence 6; think I'm about 61% complete with the whole game.

All the Pros and Cons listed are fairly spot-on. To me, Syndicate stands as a major step in the right direction and now is seconded only to AC:B as my fave overall. Another positive...and no worries, this doesn't spoil anything...is the playable WWI memory. As a very major opponent to AC going too modern day, I played around in WW1 London and absolutely LOVED it. Can't wait to hop thru that time portal again.