PDA

View Full Version : How do you fire your Gunpods???

Ryo-oh
03-05-2004, 09:10 AM
OK, I realise that this will probably make me look like an idiot, but I can't seem to get any Gunpods that I have any plane loaded out with, to fire.

Yes, I know there is a Toggle Gunpods command, and it is user defined, but even after assigning a key and making sure that the Pods are On, none of the weapon keyboard keys (or the buttons I assigned them to on my Cougar) get the Pod guns to fire. Not the "Enter," "Backspace," "Space," or "Alt-Space."

I've gone over the Control Key Card that comes with the FB game, and see nothing about what key fires Pods. Are the Pods designated as weapon 1,2,3 or 4? None of the number weapons?

Any help appreciated.

Ryo-oh
03-05-2004, 09:10 AM
OK, I realise that this will probably make me look like an idiot, but I can't seem to get any Gunpods that I have any plane loaded out with, to fire.

Yes, I know there is a Toggle Gunpods command, and it is user defined, but even after assigning a key and making sure that the Pods are On, none of the weapon keyboard keys (or the buttons I assigned them to on my Cougar) get the Pod guns to fire. Not the "Enter," "Backspace," "Space," or "Alt-Space."

I've gone over the Control Key Card that comes with the FB game, and see nothing about what key fires Pods. Are the Pods designated as weapon 1,2,3 or 4? None of the number weapons?

Any help appreciated.

AWL_Spinner
03-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Regardless of the keycard, go to the in-game configuration menu for key set-up and see whether or not weapon-1, weapon-2 etc. are bound to key or joystick.

They may not be by default. You should be able to bind them to any key or stick button you want from this menu.

Cheers, Spinner

http://www.alliedwingedlegion.com/members/signatures/spinner_sig.jpg

03-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Double check all your settings. You probably clobbered something during the upgrade to AEP.

At a minimum, check your config for the following:

Fire #1 (user defined) should fire MG
Fire #2 (user defined) should fire cannnon
Fire #3 (user defined) should fire rockets
Fire #4 (user defined) should release bombs
Toggle Gun Pods (user defined) should toggle gun pods.

Without seeing both your default.ini and your Cougar config, there's not much more help anyone can offer.

Double check your settings.

03-05-2004, 10:04 AM
The dual .50 cal pods on the P-38L cannot be toggled. They are ganged with the 20mm nose cannon and fire when you press your cannon fire button (Weapon2 in default.ini).

Ryo-oh
03-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks!

Inside the game itself, sure enough, there was no keyboard command for weapon 2. I assigned the Backspace key as the card indicates (defaults are fine with me).

Only problem now is Foxy doesn't see the Cougar. <sigh> maybe a reboot.