PDA

View Full Version : A Complete Waste of Space

RhinoCWoS
12-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Hello, Fnebs,

Oldtimer Rhino here. Is there anywhere I can meet up with the veterans of yesteryear?

Sincerely,
Rhino

DKoor
12-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Hey Rhino...

Have you tried http://www.acompletewasteofspace.com/index.php

I see they are still there.:cool:

rsm_k4
01-24-2016, 10:22 PM
Through some nostalgia induced web search after hearing about the passing of one of my old squadmates, I came across this place again.

Glad to see some of the old folks are still around.

It's specially surprising and honoring to me to find that DKoor is still hosting an old track of me in his signature!!

Is there a way for me to see it without having the game? I want to relive some of the fun of those days.

~S~ all

DKoor
05-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Dude I still have your track!
And will upload it to youtube ASAP... so if you by any chance like to see it still, and see this message then go to youtube and search "DKoor", you'll find my IL-2 videos there:cool: ...

Do you still play new Sturmo (or old one)?

BTW still have to say that after all this time that track amazes me, you were one hell of a pilot of this game back in the day...

rsm_k4
05-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Wow!! Thanks so much DKoor! I'll look for it on youtube!

And yes, I have the new IL2 (Battle of Stalingrad), I just purchased it with all the expansions. I recently purchased a new stick and a delanclip but haven't yet delved too deep into it. I don't think I even have everything configured correctly. It is very overwhelming, but I'm looking forward to some good times online.

I'd appreciate winging with anyone from the old guard. Feel free to add me on steam: rsm_k4

DKoor
05-13-2018, 10:30 PM
Bad news! And a bit of good ones too...
I actually invested couple of hours to do a proper honour to your no-small-feat, as it appears to be the best Bf-109 in action track I ever saw, and I just couldn't rid of the stutter...
I actually uploaded it that way then quickly deleted it as it doesn't make sense to post so badly stuttering track on youtube... not sure what causes stutter, be it my game, capturing software (used OBS Studio and Action!) or later post-processing in Premiere... I just don't know, but the finishing product is awful Not that my other IL-2 tracks are stutter free, it's just this one is horrible.

That was bad news.
Good news are... I have that track. I saved it all these years. And it must be uploaded on youtube so that cocky young ones see what kind of stuff we did back then without flashy hardware.
One another, perhaps overlooked, thing... you were up there against seasoned IL-2 veterans such as TAGERT, Leadspitter, TX-Kingsnake...

BTW here is the track download link, I'm afraid someone else must make that MP4 or AVI, with much better rig than mine...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whkcyetsggi5x5y/o_rsmg14_3ea_coop_408.ntrk?dl=0

...track is up until someone makes better one...:cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KHVdZMbKBE

rsm_k4
05-14-2018, 02:15 AM
I'm floored!

Thanks so much for making the video! With dramatic music and everything! A flood of memories came rushing back. I hate some of the smack talk that I partook in though haha

I remember the first comment I make about not being able to turn the cockpit off (as that was a pit on coop) was playing dumb due to the part that no one took AFJ seriously back then in "Full real" servers. I'm still thankful luck was on my side that day after acting cocky!

Thanks again for taking the time to make the video and upload it. Seems silly how after these many years a video game recording still got my heart pumping as if I were still in that moment.

On the other hand, I think I finally got my stuff configured for the new IL2. Do you have it?

DKoor
05-14-2018, 02:24 PM
I understand that you guys were joking about cockpits and some other stuff as well... of course it may not be so obvious to some watchers that weren't part of the community back then... we had pretty brutal jokes that weren't for everyone taste.

And sure, yes, it may sound weird, but i totally got you about being pumped even now, years after... you can only understand if you went thru that stuff... ok, it can't really be compared to a real thing, but surely we felt a lot of adrenaline flow:) ... also that relaxed feeling when things 'settle', this way or the other...

About new IL-2... I'm afraid I wont be able to participate online in any meaningful way, as my eyes took a turn for the worse and I can't really play games the way I used to.
I only have IL-2 BoS for now... and quite old (non-gaming rig) that can play it, but if I really put stress on rig I guess it'd be a slideshow...

About the track, if no-one makes it in the meantime, I guess I'll go for a version 2 (smooth recording) on youtube as soon as I'm able to.
It's a real shame that gem doesn't get proper youtube justice, for me that was the best Bf-109 show I ever saw, and I saw A LOT.

rsm_k4
05-15-2018, 12:21 AM
About new IL-2... I'm afraid I wont be able to participate online in any meaningful way, as my eyes took a turn for the worse and I can't really play games the way I used to.

Heh, no one gets any better with age my friend. I tried to fly offline yesterday on BoS and I could barely take off (let alone taxi to the runway). I say we get online and at least provide a couple of easy kills to the other team. We'll always have a thousand excuses not to fly, but I'm sure we won't regret giving it a try.

DKoor
05-15-2018, 02:49 PM
Heh, no one gets any better with age my friend. I tried to fly offline yesterday on BoS and I could barely take off (let alone taxi to the runway). I say we get online and at least provide a couple of easy kills to the other team. We'll always have a thousand excuses not to fly, but I'm sure we won't regret giving it a try.
I guess you're right.
Who cares about efficiency, with two little kids and various other stuff that requires attention on my back I certainly can't afford it:rolleyes: ...
There's enough 'game life' in me to die honorably as Ju-87 or IL-2 rear gunner:nonchalance:... manning some tank position wouldn't be a bad option either.

I guess when I get myself a good joystick (don't have any ATM, Cyborg EVO dies years ago) I'll show up online for you guys to practice aim...;)