PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Britain

El_MUERkO
02-01-2004, 01:55 PM
On the development page theres alot of stuff which I've been told will be in 'The Battle of Britain' I was wondering is it going to be another expansion like 'Ace' or will it be a stand alone game.

If its standalone will it be backward compatible with all the aircraft and maps from il2, it'd be a shame to loose all the planes we already have.

El_MUERkO
02-01-2004, 01:55 PM
On the development page theres alot of stuff which I've been told will be in 'The Battle of Britain' I was wondering is it going to be another expansion like 'Ace' or will it be a stand alone game.

If its standalone will it be backward compatible with all the aircraft and maps from il2, it'd be a shame to loose all the planes we already have.

Mike_Green
02-01-2004, 01:59 PM
>>On the development page theres alot of stuff which I've been told will be in 'The Battle of Britain' I was wondering is it going to be another expansion like 'Ace' or will it be a stand alone game.

Stand alone.

>>If its standalone will it be backward compatible with all the aircraft and maps from il2,

No.

Previously known round these parts as mikeyg007

Dunkelgrun
02-01-2004, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by El_MUERkO:

If its standalone will it be backward compatible with all the aircraft and maps from il2, it'd be a shame to loose all the planes we already have.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. BoB is a brand new sim using a new engine that (hopefully) will be miles better than the current best, i.e. FB. No compatibility but the start of an ongoing sim series that will cover all theatres of WW2. That's what we're all hoping for, anyway.
Cheers!

http://www.uploadit.org/igmusapa/tft2.jpg
www.nightbomber.com (http://www.nightbomber.com)