PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me archers will not be a option

disbandedapoll
12-05-2015, 04:29 AM
This is the type of game i have always wanted to see. I remember when I was eight years old and wanted to be a game designer for this exact type of game. It lets you feel the rush of living in times lost in a battle of mastery and skill, to get that final strike that you put time into your honing your skill. When i think of battle i think of outsmarting your opponent or learning from each blow of blades clashing. I would hate to see archers in this for the sole reason of its not a rush to shoot a bow(to me), but its surely not a learning experience to get shot without a chance to show what you are worth. #IAMSAMURAI

MisterWillow
12-05-2015, 10:11 AM
There were a few threads early on that speculated about the inclusion of ranged weapons---here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1173601-No-ranged-combat-please?) and here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1198525-Ranged-Weapons?) (and even this one (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1173653-Love-ranged-combat!-Other-suggestions-as-well) that advocated it)---but the devs have given no indication that there are, and the vast majority of people here, when the topic is brought up, are pretty adamant against ranged classes (like a dedicated archer), but are perfectly fine with ranged Feats (like the Oni's shuriken).

So, even if there were ever intended to be ranged Hero/classes---and I seriously doubt there were considering the major focus of the game (and source of Jason & Crew's passion) is clearly melee combat---they might have been scrapped when they saw the negative reaction.

premiumart
12-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Well in reality archers shot guys with longswords. But in a game that needs to be balanced, wardens do what exactly to avoid premature death by Arrow to the head ?

SquadCityTyler
12-06-2015, 06:55 PM
No need to worry, I'm fairly sure there won't be an archer class in the game- I vaguely recall a statement made when a buddy of mine asked at MIGs about that, which was along the lines of, 'they wanted to focus more on the finesse of combat'. So, an Archer really opens the doorway for a guy sitting on one point of the map pegging everyone from a far, and ruining that. Keep in mind this was a response to a question about an archer class.

However as for ranged, it does exist, generally the fourth feat gives you a ranged ability, Oni it's the arrowstorm, Warden, it's the catapult, but other than that all I know is that one class has a throwing knife, which does little damage, it's more for a brief interrupt or something of the like.

Snickmordur
12-08-2015, 05:10 AM
Hello!
I believe that I saw somewhere that there will be no dedicated range class (would be little crazy if there was one as this is a meele based game), BUT I do believe that there will be ranged abilities such as rain of arrows.
Who knows? Maybe you will be able to have a ranged weapon as a secondary?

Fatal-Feit
12-09-2015, 03:32 AM
Hello!
I believe that I saw somewhere that there will be no dedicated range class (would be little crazy if there was one as this is a meele based game), BUT I do believe that there will be ranged abilities such as rain of arrows.
Who knows? Maybe you will be able to have a ranged weapon as a secondary?

The Oni does have throwing knives, so range does play a role in this game. And if you're skilled enough, abilities like Arrow Storm can be used to quickly kill enemies nearby. Honestly, with all of these feats, a dedicated range hero already feels obsolete so I don't believe they will bother with one.