PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed AI in a nutshell basically

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-04-2015, 03:42 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/d2Zir9N29uCpG4ec/giphy.gif

The one thing in ACS i hate about AI recruits spoiling my quad/triple animation by just coming and killing my targets who i lined up to near death for a multi kill animation even though i haven't recruited them.

RVSage
12-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Sigh, you could keep this under the general thread , or feedback thread (There are couple in the console forum ). Don't post one thread per day, complaining about things. Please. It almost makes you look like a person, who only complains. I agree the AI has been not that great, but no game will get closer to reality , and most game AI is dumb if you ask me, There are good things too, while trying to hijack a police carriage you see a difference, For a change you could speak about something good. And the enemy AI allowing you to kill, while they stand and watch would have been more stupid anyway. If you want clean quad, triple kills, isolate your enemies and attack or go to fight clubs or go Buckingham palace.

Frag_Maniac
12-04-2015, 10:54 PM
IMO this forum would be near dead if we DIDN'T have new threads popping up, and I don't see this as any less legit as many others I've seen. It would be one thing if you were just stating your opinion, but it sounds like you're actually TELLING him what to do, as if staff. I think the staff can moderate the boards on their own just fine. If he was breaking any rules by it, they'd have let him know.

As for the thread topic, I prefer to not recruit anyone unless I'm engaging in a gang fight or some other mission that warrants their help. Anything that involves specific targets or is a situation where you can easily set up the kind of kills you're refering to is something I don't want friendly AI interfering with. It was easy for me to see right away the AI is not good enough to trust as tag alongs, but honestly, it was already clear from the way Ubi ALWAYS makes AC AI.

As for no game getting closer to reality, pffft, there are quite a few actually, especially considering how easy it is to lure these AI without them notifying anyone of suspicious behavior, and how often they get hung up on obstacles. I think you're forgetting some of the games that actually DO have good AI. And leave the poor guy alone. For a change, you could mind your own business.

RVSage
12-05-2015, 12:42 AM
Frag_Maniac, I am not telling what him what to do, I suggesting him to keep the number of threads short. And there are already similar threads describing the same, where he can discuss it in detail with others. I am never against his feedback, I as a member of the community want all of us to have healthy discussions, in a way, that is easy for devs or others reading this forum. If we keep posting separate threads. Eventually what we have to say may get lost in the number of threads posted (In the process useful things and known solutions are also pushed back in pages). But instead, if we try to keep in smaller number threads, all the more possibility of our feedback is taken note off and things get grouped, and people having issues can get temporary solutions. It basically organizes things, issues, solutions , feedback better and collect them better. It helps those who need help and also, a single thread to hear fan feedback always helps.

I have nothing personal on Rohith anyway, And I did say the AI is bad in ACS in feedback threads, well coming into a public forum, you asking me to mind my business? I find it rather odd. But Yea, I guess I done here.

Frag_Maniac
12-05-2015, 01:21 AM
You call THIS a "suggestion"?

Don't post one thread per day, complaining about things.

Maybe you should read what you type before you post it. I just find it odd you harped so much at him, when we had another person that made THREE threads about the same exact idea for the next AC trilogy, despite them being closed by mods.

RVSage
12-05-2015, 03:49 AM
You call THIS a "suggestion"?

Maybe you should read what you type before you post it. I just find it odd you harped so much at him, when we had another person that made THREE threads about the same exact idea for the next AC trilogy, despite them being closed by mods.

I agree , I should have framed that sentence better, but I always meant it as a suggestion. Nothing more , nothing less.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-05-2015, 01:40 PM
As for the thread topic, I prefer to not recruit anyone unless I'm engaging in a gang fight or some other mission that warrants their help. Anything that involves specific targets or is a situation where you can easily set up the kind of kills you're refering to is something I don't want friendly AI interfering with. It was easy for me to see right away the AI is not good enough to trust as tag alongs, but honestly, it was already clear from the way Ubi ALWAYS makes AC AI.

As for no game getting closer to reality, pffft, there are quite a few actually, especially considering how easy it is to lure these AI without them notifying anyone of suspicious behavior, and how often they get hung up on obstacles. I think you're forgetting some of the games that actually DO have good AI. And leave the poor guy alone. For a change, you could mind your own business.

And the enemy AI allowing you to kill, while they stand and watch would have been more stupid anyway.

i mean, Look,

When and if you fight the Police, the Blighters stand there seeing my fight and clap after i kill the police, you can try this out yourself, they wont help you or fight the police.
BUT
why can't my rooks just stand there and look at my fight instead of helping me ? its really frustrating that i need to wait until blighters kill the rooks and then have my fight.

(if you are killing blighters, the police attacks them and blighters attack them while i'm killing them as well -ok i get this)

strigoi1958
12-05-2015, 02:12 PM
so basically you cannot adapt or form a strategy to do want you want to do ;) also have you noticed that in chess knights move 2 forward and 1 to the side or 1 forward and 2 to the side... when I want them to go 3 in a straight line...