PDA

View Full Version : Problem wall climbing/jumping

XyZspineZyX
11-30-2003, 02:10 PM
I am having an awful time wall climbing/wall jumping between 2 walls. I'm in the old ruins and just can't seem to get it. I've been stuck here since last evening. It's very frusterating.

I had the same problem in the bath house trying to get back up the walls to the original bath house area. It tooke me about 45 minutes just to make it to the top (and I had to reload the game numerous times).

I'm on PS2. I've been holding down R1, pressing X and moving the left analog stick in the direction I want to go.

I'm notorious for making things harder than they need to be. What am I doing wrong.

XyZspineZyX
11-30-2003, 02:10 PM
I am having an awful time wall climbing/wall jumping between 2 walls. I'm in the old ruins and just can't seem to get it. I've been stuck here since last evening. It's very frusterating.

I had the same problem in the bath house trying to get back up the walls to the original bath house area. It tooke me about 45 minutes just to make it to the top (and I had to reload the game numerous times).

I'm on PS2. I've been holding down R1, pressing X and moving the left analog stick in the direction I want to go.

I'm notorious for making things harder than they need to be. What am I doing wrong.

XyZspineZyX
12-01-2003, 01:39 AM
I don't think you need to be doing all that. Simply press X when his lead foot hits the wall.

This technique in the game can be difficult, but once you get the hang of it I find it to be very entertaining. But I'm easily amused. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 06:57 PM
I had a bit of trouble at first with this as well. I agree that it gets easier (and more amusing) once you get the hang of it. Ershadi gave you good advice; I just press X button and move the analog stick in the direction I want to travel, although that last part may not be necessary. However, I noticed that sometimes you have to initially hit the wall in a certain place in order to keep the jumping going. If you're having a lot of trouble and keep falling, try placing the initial jump a little lower or a little higher until you are successful. I know that really helped me. /i/smilies/16x16_woman-happy.gif

Edited to say that I tried out the controls again and you definately don't have to use the analog stick --- just the X button.

Message Edited on 12/06/0302:20AM by Jennelle