PDA

View Full Version : Vignette

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2015, 04:28 AM
Seriously though, why is there no option to turn off vignetting?

It makes it so that when it is dark it becomes impossible to see as long as the brightness is turned down a bit.

YazX_
12-03-2015, 10:55 AM
not sure if it will help, but have you tried to set Bloom=0 in AC.ini ?

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2015, 07:56 PM
not sure if it will help, but have you tried to set Bloom=0 in AC.ini ?

No. Will try.

But how will that help? That would just affect..well, bloom, right?

Frag_Maniac
12-03-2015, 09:06 PM
They really need to consider getting up off their ridiculous choice of making Brightness locked to a minimal number of slider positions. If you so much as go one click up or down from the default, it's either too much darker or too much brighter. They like to brag about their fancy engine Unity and Syndicate use, only to force console simplicity on it. IDIOTIC!

YazX_
12-03-2015, 09:36 PM
No. Will try.

But how will that help? That would just affect..well, bloom, right?

Yes but when bloom is off, the brightness will be reduced for blooming objects thus will result in reduced vignetting effect as both effects are somehow connected.

Wolfmeister1010
12-04-2015, 12:03 AM
Yes but when bloom is off, the brightness will be reduced for blooming objects thus will result in reduced vignetting effect as both effects are somehow connected.

Yeah but I like bloom effects. SIGH.

Frag_Maniac
12-04-2015, 11:14 PM

Meh, don't think so. Vignetting is supposed to be darker specifically in the corners of the screen if it's done right. Bloom being on or off really only affects the halo of light directly around light sources themselves.

AO being on or off would be more closely related to how vignetting looks, as it deals with ambient light and shadows in general everywhere on the screen. So with it off, you can get more black crush (dark areas lacking detail).

YazX_
12-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Meh, don't think so. Vignetting is supposed to be darker specifically in the corners of the screen if it's done right. Bloom being on or off really only affects the halo of light directly around light sources themselves.

AO being on or off would be more closely related to how vignetting looks, as it deals with ambient light and shadows in general everywhere on the screen. So with it off, you can get more black crush (dark areas lacking detail).

as i said, turning bloom off will reduce the brightness of objects through vignetting effect rather than eliminating vignetting itself which will result in less brighter objects through it, does it help or not?! it depends on the player.

strigoi1958
12-05-2015, 02:07 PM
i use the brightness on my monitor to lower in smaller increments. Syndicate I run at 86 brightness and my desktop is usually 92 but I think that was a little bit too bright anyway and it seems more normal now.

Frag_Maniac
12-06-2015, 08:37 AM
as i said, turning bloom off will reduce the brightness of objects through vignetting effect rather than eliminating vignetting itself which will result in less brighter objects through it, does it help or not?! it depends on the player.

It doesn't work as you say though. Bloom on or off does nothing to brightness of objects, just the visibility or lack of the halo ring around lights, which is VERY subtle actually. Unless you're talking games that really use bloom WAY too excessively, like that OTHER Syndicate game. Thankfully Bloom is not that horrible in this game.