PDA

View Full Version : Time limit on hard/realistic TH should be optional.

MTKC2009
12-03-2015, 04:09 AM
If you play TH in a custom/squad match on "normal" there is no time limit so the option is clearly in the game.

SO why isn't there an option to have no time limit on hard/realistic when you arguably need more time as you need to be more careful due to the increased difficulty?

I have played loads of realistic TH on vegas 1+2 and I never had a time limit on and the friends I played with didn't like having it, neither did I.

It would surely be simple to add in a choice in pvt/squad matches.

Time limit yes/no

After all it is clearly in the game as "normal" doesn't have one.

I get why it is there for public matches as people might well just sit around but for pvt/squad matches surely the option should be there.

I know some people have beaten TH mode on realistic solo and with the time limit BUT just because some people can and they are fine playing with one doesn't mean everyone wants one.

Adding in this simple option would IMHO improve this mode.

MTKC2009
12-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Firstly I played both betas but myself + friend never bought rainbow six: siege due to lack of this simple option.

If it was patched in we would definitely both buy this game at full price.

We just HATE time limits in terrorist hunt, never had them in vegas 1+2 TH and fully expected the option to be in this new version of the game.

We aren't big fans of the infamous bomber class either BUT the time limit on hard/realistic TH is the true deal breaker for us and why we haven't bought this game.

Please fix it and if you do reply to this thread saying the option is patched in, if it is we will both buy this game asap.

Fargo6446
12-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Agreed. There needs to be more options for TH so people can play it how they want to play it. What map. Day or night. How many terrorists. Time limit.

And please please make both attackers and defenders available so we can try all the weapons on our favorite mode!

MTKC2009
12-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Fargo6446,

I can't believe how many options they took out of TH in pvt/squad matches. I can understand having a more streamlined experience for public matches/match making but why not let people who want to choose how they play have some OPTIONS after all vegas 1+2 had plenty.

1) No time limit on hard/realistic. I simply can't believe that option wasn't included considering it is there for "normal" TH where you arguably need it less due to the lesser difficulty of that mode.
2) Option to remove bombers/have a bomber free TH. These are still a controversial AI class which although some people do like, others certainly don't so either have option for bomber yes/no or add in a new TH mode without them.
3) As you suggest the amount of AI should to be changed as well, vegas had low, medium and high amount of terrorists.

Myself + friend so far have NOT bought this game and considering this was one of our most anticipated co-op games of this year that was surprising to us BUT we are hoping TH hunt mode will get some improvements so this game will then be worth getting

The time limit option for us is 100% essential and having a no bomber option would improve TH greatly as well.

MotoSoul
12-19-2015, 05:22 PM
1: The time limit as it currently sits has never been a limiting factor for me since the beta. I have not had a single time where it has even come into play as it currently sits.
2: Bombers are much better now that they have been tweaked to fix the immortality bug for chest shots. If you and your friend are playing so slow that the time limit comes into play I'm not sure how you are caught out of position when fighting them.
3: I don't know that we need an option for a lower amount of terrorists then we currently have, but an additional dozen would be nice on classic as an option.

A bigger complaint for me would be for them to actually build a proper user interface for selecting options within terrorist hunt. The current build is half baked and is very cumbersome to use. In addition it is not clearly labeled for most users to find.

MTKC2009
12-19-2015, 10:19 PM
MotoSoul,

"1: The time limit as it currently sits has never been a limiting factor for me since the beta. I have not had a single time where it has even come into play as it currently sits."

Well that's good for you but we found the time limit very annoying because we never played terrorist hunt on vegas 1+2 with one and don't like it. We like to be able to take our time and play this game at a slower speed. The option is also in the game as "normal" difficulty in the beta had no time limit but hard/realistic did. For long term play we would be playing on hard and then realistic, normal just too learn the maps/get used to the game.

No time limit on hard/realistic should be an option there is no good reason why in PVT/squad matches it shouldn't be. The lack of this option was one of the main reasons we didn't buy the full game.

"2: Bombers are much better now that they have been tweaked to fix the immortality bug for chest shots. If you and your friend are playing so slow that the time limit comes into play I'm not sure how you are caught out of position when fighting them."

Bombers regardless of fixes they have done are still an AI class that plenty of people don't like/don't think belong in this game. There was nothing like them in vegas 1+2. Some people like them so I am NOT suggesting taking them out entirely. What I am suggesting is having a TH mode without them. Let the player choose (something this game seems afraid of CHOICE) and give both options with + without.

"3: I don't know that we need an option for a lower amount of terrorists then we currently have, but an additional dozen would be nice on classic as an option."

Perhaps the current amount of terrorists per level could be the lowest setting and then could have a medium/high setting as well. This would also be with and without the bomber class.

"A bigger complaint for me would be for them to actually build a proper user interface for selecting options within terrorist hunt. The current build is half baked and is very cumbersome to use. In addition it is not clearly labeled for most users to find."

I don't consider that personally a bigger complaint than fixing the time limit/bomber thing BUT yes this game needs a better user interface, especially for pvt/squad matches.

Frankly till at the very least the time limit issue is fixed (100% definitely) and the bomber (probably) eg make him optional then we won't be buying this game.

I'd also like to add the option to make thermite charges optional would perhaps be a good one as well.

Mr._.Breeze
02-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Never had an issue with TH timer even on realistic unless playing solo. Even then I was able to beat classic and hostage rescue modes with minutes to spare after figuring out a good approach for each map. I do think some of these things should be optional though. But if you do nerf the game settings your reward would have to reflect that (increase or decrease depending on time limit, enemy density etc). Btw I loved increasing the enemy count in Vegas as it kept the game going longer.

I still don't get why people want the suicide bombers removed. The game would be so boring if it was only foot soldiers because they are so dumb and predictable. Suiciders give you so much warning..... But I don't have a problem with it being an option for those who dislike it.

MTKC2009
05-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Just to report back after both myself + friend did buy this game...

Overall although not liking them that much we in general have a lot less issue with the "bomber" class now, although would prefer to have OPTION to remove them that is not essential..

However an optional "time limit" is and we don't even care if they nerf the amount of XP or renown earned if they developers feel that is necessary..

Surely this could be added to the menu that is already in the game that allows you to select which map(s) you want to play on and which modes you want to play, personally we only play classic terrorist hunt and hostage rescue as we didn't like either of the other modes.

So developers if you read this can you please make the time limit optional for TH classic and hostage rescue, especially TH classic.

Yes we have run out of time playing "hard" TH classic and multiple matches we have lost when we had to rush due to lack of time remaining.

I have played 5 player with randoms and yes the time limit is very rarely any problem at all but we prefer to play just as two in a pvt/squad only match..