PDA

View Full Version : Enemies

VernalBreak
12-03-2015, 12:45 AM
How do you like enemies? I voted for challenging and easy because I want them easy if in large amounts and harder in smaller amounts. I also voted for enemies alerting other enemies and them attacking frequently.

SixKeys
12-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Good poll. I would like enemies to be challenging and alert each other when you commit a crime (but not to the psychic hivemind extent as in some games). They should have predictable patrol routes as it's a huge part of creating your strategy, BUT they should break that patrol route and become unpredictable once they detect you or find a body. They already kinda do this in Syndicate, but only for a while, then they go back to their original routes. Their body language should indicate that they're aware of you, hence why their patrol has changed. Like in TLoU, if the villains spot you once, they will change their patrol patterns and stay alert until they find you, they don't just shrug and go "must have been the wind".

cawatrooper9
12-03-2015, 03:34 PM
I don't mind challenging enemies, but I do want some distinction made-

Snipers shouldn't be omniscient. It's funny that Amancio in Unity claimed that the rooftops should be the domain of the Assassins, because the snipers in that game were so observant and quick to reach alert status that sometimes it would be suicide to go out onto a roof. Let us use the roofs to our advantage, and let the ground be a more dangerous place.

Also, I prefer when we have some reaction time between guards seeing us and them becoming alert. AC1 and AC3, in my opinion, were the biggest offenders here. Too often, guards would be chasing me before I even knew they saw me, and that's simply not fun- especially when it means you'll spend half the game just running away from everyone.

VernalBreak
12-04-2015, 07:34 AM
I like both of your ideas. I simply want guards more realistic. That means having them never forget you and that also means not psycho coming at you with a sword unless you are on a rooftop in a restricted area or something.