PDA

View Full Version : Constant crash during specific mission (possible spoiler based on mission)

helbore
12-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Ok, I want to avoid dropping a spoiler for anyone, whilst asking if anyone else has experienced a repeatable crash in a specific area. I found this mission after starting sequence 8, although it might have been there earlier for all I know. Its located on the far east side of the Thames. If you know it, you know the mission I'm referring to. If you don't, don't read on.

Ok, so its the World War One mission. I've made it as far as taking out the spies at the radio, then Churchill tells you the blimps are coming and you have to get to the AA gun. IF I leap of faith into the haystack, the exe crashes before I reach the haystack. Every time. If I try and make it down any other way, the exe will crash within seconds of me approaching the floor anywhere near the haystack. This is every single time. Something is obviously bugging out at that point and I've no idea what.

I've tried updating my drivers, updating Windows, validating my install. No effect. I've cut running background processes to as low as possible. My PC specs are well above minimum (i7 Haswell-gen CPU, 16GB RAM, dual Samsung 840 Pros in RAID 0, Geforce 980 GTX, Win 10 Pro x64). I'm a 16-year IT pro, so I know my stuff, although I will admit to occasionally slipping up when it comes to my own home support (do as I say, not what I do!), but I can't see any mistakes on my part.

Anyone else experienced this bug?

YazX_
12-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Hello,

i've seen a post from someone experiencing similar problem, he got it fixed by toning down his in-game graphics settings, and after getting done with that part he cranked them up again, so please try that and also its worth to look at this if that trick didnt work for you:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions

helbore
12-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the tip. I actually found a workaround in the end. Definitely not a fix, but a workaround. In case it might help anyone else, here's what I did;

Essentially, I just avoided the platform where the haystack was. I climbed up Tower Bridge instead, then ran across to the right and jumped into the Thames a good distance away. Then I swam out to the boat and everything was fine.

Graphics settings do sound like a good cause, though. I have got everything to max, so that's a likely culprit (not that it should be, of course!)

Razrback16
12-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the tip. I actually found a workaround in the end. Definitely not a fix, but a workaround. In case it might help anyone else, here's what I did;

Essentially, I just avoided the platform where the haystack was. I climbed up Tower Bridge instead, then ran across to the right and jumped into the Thames a good distance away. Then I swam out to the boat and everything was fine.

Graphics settings do sound like a good cause, though. I have got everything to max, so that's a likely culprit (not that it should be, of course!)

This worked - thanks for sharing!