PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Ocean colours

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Dear Oleg,

I have seen the 1.2 beta patch in action with the pacific island map. All i can say is amazing and what a great job you and the lads at Maddox have done. The plane and cockpit models are superb! with great attention to detail.

May I suggest some changes to the colour of the ocean. It looks sort of milky blue grey, whereas the pacific ocean around new guinea and solomons etc was mixture of aqua and light and dark blues - as you may have seen in postcards or movies with pacific island scenery. CFS 2 did a great job in getting the ocean colours and landscape of the regions programmed to great effect and scenery accuracy.

Would it be hard to change to make the pacific map/landscape more realistic?

Kind Regards,
_RAAF_Schuftie

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Dear Oleg,

I have seen the 1.2 beta patch in action with the pacific island map. All i can say is amazing and what a great job you and the lads at Maddox have done. The plane and cockpit models are superb! with great attention to detail.

May I suggest some changes to the colour of the ocean. It looks sort of milky blue grey, whereas the pacific ocean around new guinea and solomons etc was mixture of aqua and light and dark blues - as you may have seen in postcards or movies with pacific island scenery. CFS 2 did a great job in getting the ocean colours and landscape of the regions programmed to great effect and scenery accuracy.

Would it be hard to change to make the pacific map/landscape more realistic?

Kind Regards,
_RAAF_Schuftie

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 04:12 PM
To be honest, giving my personal point of view, i tought that the Pacific map would have been very similar to CFS2 map (Pacific region).

I also wished to see a bright Aquad ocean. That isn't the case in that map. But i accept it and also thinks that this map is VERY nice anyway.

Also tought that the map would have covered a larger area than 2 islands. The minimum should have been something as large as the Finland map, since it's 90% of water, that wouldn't have been too hard to make this map. Well it's good anyway.. i like it much.. and we can't really give any comments on the 1.2b. This patch has leaked our of Oleg's hands.. we're not even suposed to have it yet. So i think some more respect about the 'current work' done would be appreciated from Oleg and his team.

Oh.. another question for Oleg or His team. What are the names of these 2 island in the pacific map ? Maybe you haven't finished it yet, i'm sorry if it's the case.

S~

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 04:18 PM
P.S. Im sure you know already the extreme fps loss from the palm trees at low level even on the fastest machines out and let the user add them in as map items plz.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LS1.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 04:23 PM
I will see what is possible to make. But actually it represent the colors currently that I saw myself there, but not on the Kodak or especially such as Fuji and Konika films...

RAAFSchuf wrote:
- Dear Oleg,
-
- I have seen the 1.2 beta patch in action with the
- pacific island map. All i can say is amazing and
- what a great job you and the lads at Maddox have
- done. The plane and cockpit models are superb! with
- great attention to detail.
-
- May I suggest some changes to the colour of the
- ocean. It looks sort of milky blue grey, whereas the
- pacific ocean around new guinea and solomons etc was
- mixture of aqua and light and dark blues - as you
- may have seen in postcards or movies with pacific
- island scenery. CFS 2 did a great job in getting the
- ocean colours and landscape of the regions
- programmed to great effect and scenery accuracy.
-
- Would it be hard to change to make the pacific
- map/landscape more realistic?
-
- Kind Regards,
- _RAAF_Schuftie
-
-

Oleg Maddox
1C:Maddox Games

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Oleg_Maddox wrote:
- I will see what is possible to make. But actually it
- represent the colors currently that I saw myself
- there, but not on the Kodak or especially such as
- Fuji and Konika films...

Sound like he had good time relax there on his vacation or have conference there on one of islands.

Of course, not trust "Kodak" pictures as it only take certain sites to impresses and hure tourist into sandtrap. Sometime, tourist islands sites may be in worse shape than what see in picture.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Some further comments on that map:

I think the islands are beautiful, with their slopes, hills and valleys. And the atoll (anybody landed & took off from it yet? I did!) and the vulcan crater (did it too). And the steep little island, and the river...

The vegetation colour is fine and very representative, and the colour of water is fine too... for a grey day. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
A lighter blue would please the most of us.

I understand there's lot of palm trees hitting FPS but, would it be Pacific with no palm trees? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

There's a "frozen tsunami" south-east of the southern island to correct. I wonder whether it's supposed to be a little island, or a submerged sand bank.

Southern island, next to the steep smaller island close off the coasts, around 18:30': in narrow view I saw trees' shadows on the facing hill projecting to the sky as straight lines.

Especially on this map (but on Normandy's beaches almost as much), I seelots of "shining stripes" on the ground, especially with lower sun reflecting on them. They look like fires, or tracers sometimes...
I also see in many maps, the orthogonal lines appearing on the ground. Why are they still present? Same with the well known train station texture glitches at distance: no way to get rid of them?

I'm not complaining, especially since I love the new Pacific map, as I love the others, and I understand the leaked beta was a work-in-progress, but these observations might be helpfull to to catch overlooked glitches.

Oh, the new Nippon planes: gorgeous, and lovely to ride! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Aero out

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 04:59 PM
The Pacific map colors are great, please don't change them, I don't want to play over Teletubbies island /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 05:01 PM
" but not on the Kodak or especially such as Fuji and Konika films..."

Bang on target, no Velvia colors please /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Oleg_Maddox wrote:
- I will see what is possible to make. But actually it
- represent the colors currently that I saw myself
- there, but not on the Kodak or especially such as
- Fuji and Konika films...
-

Can I ask which island in the Pacific the online map is "inspired" by? Just out of curiosity.

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 06:47 PM
RGR..asked the same as Davis in a previous message...

What island are they ?? Just Imaginary ones or real ones ?

I flew CFS2 for a long time and i can't remember such islands... i flew over the whole paciofic.. 4 hours flight sometimes.. to island hop and i don't remember these 2 islands.

S~

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Dear Oleg,

Many thanks for your response.

In hindight I was only making a comparisons between the ocean clours in CFS2 and what I have seen at the solomon island and vanuatu islands when visting.

I am in no way having a go at the excellent job on the pacific map scenery and colour of ocean based on what your pictures show when you visited pacific island locations.

I greatly appreciated your feedback and what ever comes out in the patch when officially released.

If you want me to send some digital photos of the ocean around some pacific islands involved in WW2 that I have visted please advise I will send on for your review.

If so please advise your e-mail address or where i can send them.

Thank you

_RAAF_Schuftie

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 02:48 PM
send to il2beta@1c.ru

Anyway some time in future we will do the whole pacific theater /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif

Oleg Maddox

Oleg Maddox

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 02:56 PM
so we have to call you "Capt Future" from now on /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

hope i will become an old man /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.jagdgeschwader53.flugzeugwerk.net/diverses/franky.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 03:00 PM
- Oleg_Maddox wrote:
-- I will see what is possible to make. But actually it
-- represent the colors currently that I saw myself
-- there, but not on the Kodak or especially such as
-- Fuji and Konika films...
--
-
- Can I ask which island in the Pacific the online map
- is "inspired" by? Just out of curiosity.

I know it's very tricky discussing about color, because every person got a different impression of the same color. But the colors of water and vegetation I've experienced in Hawaii and Australia seemed very different to what I currently seen in FB.

Cuadalcanal today

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/a-z/kimura-hei/Cuadalcanal.jpg

If anyone at my Funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again.
Stan Laurel

EJGr.Ost Kimura

http://www.jagdgruppe-ost.de/image/ejgrost.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Dear Oleg,

Many thanks. I have sent on picutres to IL2beta team showing pacific ocean colours around solomons and vanuatu-epirit de santo islands from both a aerial and ground perspective.

I hope this helps.

Yours Sincerly,
_RAAF_Schuftie

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Dear Oleg,

The "whole pacific theater". My prayers have been answered - definite dream come true for this to have even reached the conceptual stage by you and your team.

You will have an even larger and happier lot of customers.

Please advise if I can be of any assistance in any way when you are looking at doing the pacific theater. I am sure some of my RAAF SQN colleagues and members from other affiliated squadrons who we liase with at http://www.fauna.com.au/ozfb/ would also be more than honored to assist in any way - historical research, techncial feedback etc.

Yours Sincerely,
RAAF Schuftie
RAAF Virt SQN
http://www.raaf.50megs.com/