PDA

View Full Version : Microphone Defaults to Open Even when NOT set that way

FlyingMongoose0
12-02-2015, 05:15 AM
Sorry for double post but figure I'd post this in the right place, the other one in general can be deleted.

Any time I get a party together in a session Mic defaults to open. This is annoying, the only resolution (for now) is to set to disabled then set back to push to talk and even then it doesn't always work, often requiring a game restart.

BTSpaniel
12-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Sorry for double post but figure I'd post this in the right place, the other one in general can be deleted.

Any time I get a party together in a session Mic defaults to open. This is annoying, the only resolution (for now) is to set to disabled then set back to push to talk and even then it doesn't always work, often requiring a game restart.

Mics are currently broken, there is a workaround for now but its still pointless. Just use a Different Service Like: Mumble, Ventrilo or Teamspeak to talk to friends

FlyingMongoose0
12-03-2015, 06:07 AM
Mics are currently broken, there is a workaround for now but its still pointless. Just use a Different Service Like: Mumble, Ventrilo or Teamspeak to talk to friends

I figured out that it throws it to Open every time main game window loses its focus, it defaults back to open (even if the setting is something else).

Your resolution doesn't "Fix" the issue though. I've tried running in borderless, or windowed borderless, or full screen, doesn't matter, the same occurs, any instance of the game window losing focus "Opens" the mic and it must be turned off in the menus.

I guess in the meantime I'll find a way to disallow windows' ability to let R6 handle microphone input.

AddLord2.0
12-03-2015, 08:51 AM
There is a temporary fix where you enable push-to-talk and whenever it defaults to open, just push your talk button once and it reverts back to your actual settings. This works like a charm when me and my buddies play. We just Tell eachother when we hear eachother in-game, tap the push-to-talk button once and it's fixed until next time. Try it out :)

FlyingMongoose0
12-03-2015, 04:32 PM
I've tried that, never works for me.

We do use external voice chat and yes they tell us, but that's a "some people fix"

Ultimately though I found the culprit (which is important in bug fixing)

As long as the main game screen loses focus it opens. Including the use of any type of overlay.