PDA

View Full Version : Next game story/character

VernalBreak
12-02-2015, 03:31 AM
This is what you want the next game about or the character. I personally want a rogue assassin on neither side.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2015, 05:29 AM
Ugh, please no Arno/Shay revenge thing. They're both better left forgotten.

I honestly don't care what the new character's allegiances are, but I want a new enemy besides the Templar. The whole "we want to control the masses and shepherd them under our will" thing is completely and utterly played out in this series. Unless they can somehow put a REALLY fresh spin on that somehow, I want a new kind of villain. Roth and Roberts were both infinitely more memorable than any Templar in the last several games.

VernalBreak
12-02-2015, 05:35 AM
So for you is that an "Don't care"? If you want something a little more original vote for a rogue assassin. He will follow his own will and not just fight templars or fight assassins in shays case.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2015, 05:43 AM
Well I do kinda care, insofar as I would prefer some of those choices over others. I don't have any specific wishes for the character, but there are certain things I definitively DON'T want to see. Rogue Assassin would be alright I guess, but I kinda feel like that's basically what Edward was already (had some exposure to the Creed but did his own thing for most of the game).

VernalBreak
12-02-2015, 05:58 AM
Which ones do you specifically not want? Also, Edward even when not with the assassins he was never against them specifically. I want someone like shay who leaves the assassins but does not defect to the Templar but rather is waging war on either side if they oppose. It could be an awesome feature of someone in between.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2015, 06:10 AM
Don't want an Edward sequel, don't want Arno's Revenge, don't want Templar, don't want Henry.

Which ones do you specifically not want? Also, Edward even when not with the assassins he was never against them specifically. I want someone like shay who leaves the assassins but does not defect to the Templar but rather is waging war on either side if they oppose. It could be an awesome feature of someone in between.

I dunno, I mean I never really felt like Shay was an actual Templar even though the game said he was, so what you're suggesting sounds a lot like ACRogue to me. Plus I don't really like the idea of the protagonist being a "one-man army" against both sides.

VernalBreak
12-02-2015, 06:32 AM
I do see your point.:/ He could have allies tho. On shay I personally have not played rogue, but I think him not being a heartless killer would make him feel more human.

m4r-k7
12-02-2015, 03:18 PM
What would be cool would be a protagonist who is neither Assassin or Templar. It would be cool if we played as a bounty hunter type protagonist who would kill both Assassins and Templars, so we get an idea of the conflict from an outsiders perspective.

cawatrooper9
12-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Basically, I wouldn't mind any of these. I put Arno/Shay Revenge because I think the idea has some merit (and also to spite LoyalAC).

VernalBreak
12-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Come to think of it, i should have really done this poll multiple choice. I would have voted for rogue, Arno, and henry green. :/

ze_topazio
12-02-2015, 04:17 PM
I have fancied for some time the idea of a group of people, maybe former Assassins and Templars who came to believe both groups are too dangerous for the world and need to be exterminated.

Or a government of a country learning of both groups and launching a huge scale purge.

Sushiglutton
12-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Voted new assassin in a new era, because reading through the options I didn't really feel for any of them. But I'm not opposed of the same Assassin starring in multiple games. I think that actually adds variety in a way as they have something to build on.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2015, 05:49 PM
(and also to spite LoyalAC).

I ought to use yer organs fer chum, and yer bones for chaarrrrgh

cawatrooper9
12-02-2015, 05:51 PM
I ought to use yer organs fer chum, and yer bones for chaarrrrgh
Ah, but then you'd be getting revenge on me. Like Arno's going to do to Shay in next year's game. :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
12-02-2015, 05:53 PM
I fancy seeing Henry Green having his own game.

ShadoeKat
12-02-2015, 06:10 PM
New assassin, new era...
- Better story telling.
- Make us care and want to know about the main character. If he or she is a hot head assassin, let us progress with their growth.
- Give them a trilogy so we can invest time because we want to know the story and the character.
- Don't just keep us in a city, vary it.
- More puzzles, more discovery, more customization than Syndicate
- Team that makes the game should make the other two in a trilogy, not a different team. This would help with consistency etc.

BananaBlighter
12-02-2015, 06:24 PM
I fancy seeing Henry Green having his own game.

For some reason, I can't see Henry doing 'fieldwork'. He was so ridiculously useless in that mission with Evie, and though I know it's thanks to the horrendous AI, I still see him as pretty pathetic. He never felt like a mentor, just some dude.

Assassin_M
12-02-2015, 07:05 PM
I'll role play. I'll be the developer talking about the protagonist of the next game:

We wanted to try something new. He's brash and rushes to decisions without thinking and he's very funny. He's a lot closer to Ezio, this time around, we wanted to change it up a bit, it's completely fresh.

Bet on a Justin Bieber sig.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2015, 07:17 PM
*Shudders at Family Man Assassin idea*

A rogue on neither side could work; it'd be more interesting if the said individual also created an organization that fought both orders before shortly getting wiped out by either one or both sides. Their rise and fall. Both orders and their philosophies seem played out at this point, maybe an outsider/outsider group's opinion could freshen things up.

Eh, who am I kidding? It'll just be another brash and charismatic ruffian...

LoyalACFan
12-02-2015, 07:23 PM
*Shudders at Family Man Assassin idea*

I thought you were one of those on the Sam Fey train?

Namikaze_17
12-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I thought you were one of those on the Sam Fey train?

I'm just salty that it'll never happen.

VernalBreak
12-02-2015, 07:40 PM
I have decided to make another poll with the same options but with multiple choice. It will not replace this poll but will just be multiple choice. Vote on this one for which idea you want the most and vote on the other one I am about to do for which multiple ones you like the most.:)

I-Like-Pie45
12-02-2015, 07:58 PM
I've thought of a story. It goes like this:

-A game focusing on the relationship between the mentor and the student, a dual protagonist narrative with several hidden protagonists set before and after the time period of the main story

-The mentor is a weary and cynical, older man. His past is a mystery, like the Man with No Name and Django (the original '66 Django, not the Unchained movie), with only a few hints dropped here and there. Formerly idealistic, the cost of fighting has left him with the philosophy that the only thing worth fighting for is one's own survival, viewing the world and life as ultimately meaningless. A man who tires of the life he leads, but is unable to leave it or his past behind. He plays both Assassins and Templars for his own personal profit, just like the Man with No Name and Django (once more, Django '66, not Jamie Unchained). But in spite of his disillusioned and cold demeanor, there are still some shreds of morality in his heart. But he loses more and more of it every day.

-The student starts as a young orphan in the city, struggling to survive on the streets as a thief. She never knew her parents, the only connection she has to them is a necklace of old bear claws with an odd symbol in the middle that allegedly belonged to her mother. Someone who tries to act cynical and street-smart, but is still extremely naive and idealistic even in her world views. An attempt to pickpocket the mentor fails, and this event sets her off on a path into a violent and nightmarish world where she discovers dark but alluring truths about her own nature and capabilities. As her motivations change, one constant remains - the ones who die, the dying words carried. While struggling between morality and desire as more blood stains upon her hands, and trying to figure out what her place in the world is, she discovers the lineage carried in her blood and has to decide where her allegiances lie.

-The relationship begins with the student idolizing the mentor, finding in him a parental figure and he starts to see in her the family his flaws prevented him from having and a symbol of the life he wanted but never had, but it weakens through a clash of differences in their changing ideologies as the student becomes more independent and ends in complete tragedy.

-The Mentor hates both the Assassins and the Templars, the only reason he takes the student under his wing is not because he recognizes the symbol on her necklace but the necklace itself. A number of things are implied about his past, and connections he might have with the student, but nothing is explicitly stated.

-The game begins with the mentor in Sequence 4, and the player controls him for the first few sequences of this 18 sequence trip/nightmare. But the story gradually features the studnet in greater prominence, with the student getting the majority of playtime. In the vein of many of AC4's assassination targets, the mentor comes to represent a bleak but greatly possible ending to the student's journey.

-I think that in advertising the game, only the Mentor is shown, so that the game can pull off an MGS2.

-Sequences 1- 3 includes the return of several fan-favorite characters from past installments, unlocked like the WW1 thing in Syndicate or something else like the Desmond missions in ACR. The arc that the playable character of 1-3 in some way parallels the journeys of the mentor and the student, but is the only character in the game whose arc has a definitely and conclusively happy ending. These Sequences also serve to set up threads that go towards explaining how the Assassins and Templars might have ended up in the states that they are in during Sequences 4-18.

-Ultimately, the plot as a greater whole focuses on the dehumanizing and destructive effects that violence has upon people who live in worlds shaped by it, and the extents of human barbarity. The atmosphere the game aims for is not just to crush its characters, but the players themselves. Questions asked by this game would be: what point does it stop being about revenge or justice, and just about killing for the sake of killing? Are we damned to keep fighting the same wars, hating the same people, and repeating all our other mistakes forever? What can one fight for, if they no longer believe in meaning in the world? Overall, a return to the darker storytelling style of AC1/AC3 and serves as a deconstruction of some of the series tropes like the revenge motivator and to an extent even the glory and glitz associated with being an Assassin or Templar as well. Influenced by works such Blood Meridian, Punisher MAX by Garth Ennis and Jason Aaron, Fury Max: My War Gone By by Garth Ennis, the Someguy2000 series of Fallout New Vegas mods, several classic spaghetti westerns, as well as several of Clint Eastwood's American westerns + The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

-Modern day probably returns, but with no returning characters like Shaun and Rebecca. Those who appear like Otso Berg or the stupid Abstergo Entertainment people are used primarily as a butt-monkeys to be killed horribly, brutally, and embarrassingly usually right after they appear. It serves as a complete narrative and aesthetic dissonance from the main game, focused on black comedy and surrealism, featuring the player storming Abstergo locations and murdering scores and scores of people in an adrenaline-pumped haze as retro-synth music plays over the carnage. Jay and Silent Bob guest star, with William Miles in hiding as he works as the Quick-Stop from Clerks. In the end, Juno arrives as a final boss fight and the game becomes a rhythm game and it ends with her head being blown up like a balloon or a Scanner by the player's rendition of Iggy and the Stooge's Search and Destroy.

ModernWaffle
12-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Quite interesting (but random) options. Just a few thoughts:

Rogue - Having a character against both factions would be intriguing and tbh I was actually expecting AC Rogue to be more like this. Though given the name of the franchise it wouldn't really make sense to have a protagonist like this - the character would have to either betray the assassins at the beginning or join them at the end (i.e. Rogue and AC4's narratives) to fit in with the franchise's title - therefore this idea can't really work plus it's already been partially done.

Templar - Would definitely be welcomed but after AC Rogue I don't think they're willing or able to do a decent Templar game.

Arno vs. Shay - In an ideal world I'd throw in Connor with Shay and Arno - all their stories could go with much more development plus it would fill the plot-hole of why neither Connor or Arno searched for Shay. It wouldn't be an absolutely necessary game, but it would definitely tie all up everything a bit more neatly akin to what Revelations did for Altair and Ezio. However, this is never going to happen, Ubisoft loves to bury their less-favoured protagonists and they're certainly not going to revive all three at once.

Edward Sequel - Wouldn't want this, AC4's story is pretty solid so why enable a chance for a sequel that might consequently bring the quality of the first game down; also, Edward's later life is covered in good detail already and we've been told how he dies so not much they can add.

Connor Sequel - Basically same as 3)

Henry (game) - He had such small presence in Syndicate so I don't really see him having a proper game of his own in the future. Shame since if Henry was introduced in his own game (with India as a location) then I think he could've had more of the spotlight. But if they do a Frye sequel, I think it would be a given that he'd also be in it so there's still that.

New assassin - Most likely to happen but quite frankly I don't want this option - every character that gets introduced now are abandoned just as quickly and it feels that their actions (e.g. Arno and the Frye twins) have very little importance. If a new assassin is introduced, their arc has to finish properly in the game or if need be, they return for the next instalment. They also have to have new traits; recent characters fit the 'young and brash' description too much and they just act way too stupid (i.e. Shay, Arno, Jacob). Of course I would welcome a new area as we've been in Europe and America for too long now.

Liking Pie's idea but seems bit too ambitious for the one-year cycle schedule; nevertheless, it's no doubt on the right lines - much more unique premise, change of structure in story-telling and a narrative that returns back to the basis of fundamental philosophical questions.

Other - Three strangers who team up for some common goal - one's an assassin (traditional weapons like hidden blade, darts etc.), one a templar (more brute force and less subtlety - more focus on firearms) and the last is on neither faction (focuses on fist-fighting plus one new unique weapon - duel knives as an example) - each have one unique ability. Once all three meet you can switch between the players within missions. Appreciate I'm literally stealing GTA5's idea but I think it worked really well. This option is probably too ambitious for Ubisoft either though.

VernalBreak
12-03-2015, 06:38 AM
@modernwaffle, when you mentioned Connor I just thought of another idea. No matter how the story goes I want a game set in the americas with Connor and Arno. It could be like Jacob and Evie with them both. Also, both of them seem to have similar personalities so I think they would get along well. Connor would only be a little older than Arno. And for ubisoft sale purposes it would also make people more inclined to buy unity and ac3.:D

ze_topazio
12-03-2015, 07:33 PM
I've thought of a story. It goes like this:

-A game focusing on the relationship between the mentor and the student, a dual protagonist narrative with several hidden protagonists set before and after the time period of the main story

-The mentor is a weary and cynical, older man. His past is a mystery, like the Man with No Name and Django (the original '66 Django, not the Unchained movie), with only a few hints dropped here and there. Formerly idealistic, the cost of fighting has left him with the philosophy that the only thing worth fighting for is one's own survival, viewing the world and life as ultimately meaningless. A man who tires of the life he leads, but is unable to leave it or his past behind. He plays both Assassins and Templars for his own personal profit, just like the Man with No Name and Django (once more, Django '66, not Jamie Unchained). But in spite of his disillusioned and cold demeanor, there are still some shreds of morality in his heart. But he loses more and more of it every day.

-The student starts as a young orphan in the city, struggling to survive on the streets as a thief. She never knew her parents, the only connection she has to them is a necklace of old bear claws with an odd symbol in the middle that allegedly belonged to her mother. Someone who tries to act cynical and street-smart, but is still extremely naive and idealistic even in her world views. An attempt to pickpocket the mentor fails, and this event sets her off on a path into a violent and nightmarish world where she discovers dark but alluring truths about her own nature and capabilities. As her motivations change, one constant remains - the ones who die, the dying words carried. While struggling between morality and desire as more blood stains upon her hands, and trying to figure out what her place in the world is, she discovers the lineage carried in her blood and has to decide where her allegiances lie.

-The relationship begins with the student idolizing the mentor, finding in him a parental figure and he starts to see in her the family his flaws prevented him from having and a symbol of the life he wanted but never had, but it weakens through a clash of differences in their changing ideologies as the student becomes more independent and ends in complete tragedy.

-The Mentor hates both the Assassins and the Templars, the only reason he takes the student under his wing is not because he recognizes the symbol on her necklace but the necklace itself. A number of things are implied about his past, and connections he might have with the student, but nothing is explicitly stated.

-The game begins with the mentor in Sequence 4, and the player controls him for the first few sequences of this 18 sequence trip/nightmare. But the story gradually features the studnet in greater prominence, with the student getting the majority of playtime. In the vein of many of AC4's assassination targets, the mentor comes to represent a bleak but greatly possible ending to the student's journey.

-I think that in advertising the game, only the Mentor is shown, so that the game can pull off an MGS2.

-Sequences 1- 3 includes the return of several fan-favorite characters from past installments, unlocked like the WW1 thing in Syndicate or something else like the Desmond missions in ACR. The arc that the playable character of 1-3 in some way parallels the journeys of the mentor and the student, but is the only character in the game whose arc has a definitely and conclusively happy ending. These Sequences also serve to set up threads that go towards explaining how the Assassins and Templars might have ended up in the states that they are in during Sequences 4-18.

-Ultimately, the plot as a greater whole focuses on the dehumanizing and destructive effects that violence has upon people who live in worlds shaped by it, and the extents of human barbarity. The atmosphere the game aims for is not just to crush its characters, but the players themselves. Questions asked by this game would be: what point does it stop being about revenge or justice, and just about killing for the sake of killing? Are we damned to keep fighting the same wars, hating the same people, and repeating all our other mistakes forever? What can one fight for, if they no longer believe in meaning in the world? Overall, a return to the darker storytelling style of AC1/AC3 and serves as a deconstruction of some of the series tropes like the revenge motivator and to an extent even the glory and glitz associated with being an Assassin or Templar as well. Influenced by works such Blood Meridian, Punisher MAX by Garth Ennis and Jason Aaron, Fury Max: My War Gone By by Garth Ennis, the Someguy2000 series of Fallout New Vegas mods, several classic spaghetti westerns, as well as several of Clint Eastwood's American westerns + The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

-Modern day probably returns, but with no returning characters like Shaun and Rebecca. Those who appear like Otso Berg or the stupid Abstergo Entertainment people are used primarily as a butt-monkeys to be killed horribly, brutally, and embarrassingly usually right after they appear. It serves as a complete narrative and aesthetic dissonance from the main game, focused on black comedy and surrealism, featuring the player storming Abstergo locations and murdering scores and scores of people in an adrenaline-pumped haze as retro-synth music plays over the carnage. Jay and Silent Bob guest star, with William Miles in hiding as he works as the Quick-Stop from Clerks. In the end, Juno arrives as a final boss fight and the game becomes a rhythm game and it ends with her head being blown up like a balloon or a Scanner by the player's rendition of Iggy and the Stooge's Search and Destroy.

Damn, Brian, you can be really deep when you want. :)

David107
12-04-2015, 04:50 AM
It's time to go backwards in history and stop going forward. I liked Syndicate but if it keep going forward instead of exploring the great historical time periods of the past I will just get fed up, bring back the swords and even the ships. There is plenty of places and historical significant periods in history to explore with this franchise. As for the assassin and Templar concept I still enjoy it but it need a reboot. I still loved the glyph puzzle's from AC2 and ACB.

briangade
12-17-2015, 10:10 AM
I'll role play. I'll be the developer talking about the protagonist of the next game:

We wanted to try something new. He's brash and rushes to decisions without thinking and he's very funny. He's a lot closer to Ezio, this time around, we wanted to change it up a bit, it's completely fresh.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!
BtW do you work for Ubisoft?

TheMissionJFrog
12-17-2015, 12:39 PM
I want Connor sequel. Because I'm tired of this - every year new character, Ubi have great characters but just abandoned them.

Jollbla83
12-19-2015, 03:37 PM
rogue to ps4 please

Danpen_231
12-19-2015, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't mine the next game will be based, on who or were. As long as it has more story to it!

desmondlines
12-19-2015, 06:52 PM
I want Desmond Miles back is my favorite character . I want a game that focuses on Desmond but as it was in AC3, but with this first and with something like what Nolan North said and Desmond !

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaEk1tdBD8

desmondlines
12-19-2015, 07:13 PM
I want Connor sequel. Because I'm tired of this - every year new character, Ubi have great characters but just abandoned them.

I also want a continuation with Connor and Desmond Miles return could pose as if he had gone on a trip to the brotherhood of China or Japan .