PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the stuttering in the right stick! (PS4 and XB1)

catbix
12-02-2015, 12:32 AM
I've tested on both consoles.

To reproduce this: move the right (camera) stick from side to side in wide sweeping motions, like you're panning across the whole map.

You will notice a stutter when you do this, like the frame rate has dropped when it hasn't. If you pan it 3 times, you'll probably get it 1 or 2 out of the 3.

Now before you say you've never seen this, a lot of people don't notice because they tend not to move the camera around so wildly, but for those of us who do, it's very irritating and brings down an otherwise polished set of controls.

I was disappointed not to see this on the list of known issues as controls are literally the most important thing to get right!

TheChrisso_
12-02-2015, 01:46 AM
+1

rcar1
12-02-2015, 02:38 AM
+1
Same issue, Xbox 1

EDIT
12-02-2015, 03:28 AM
Same issue here as well.

catbix
12-03-2015, 12:36 AM
bump

Charity Diary
12-03-2015, 12:43 AM
I don't notice any "stuttering" on my end, but the aiming just feels off to me somehow...

catbix
12-04-2015, 03:52 AM
I tested different dead zones and sensitivities but it's all the same. Dammit.

Ragnar_Lodbrok-
12-06-2015, 12:56 AM
I'm also having the same issue, and I'm on PC. I normally play with a mouse and keyboard (no issues there at 144hz or 60hz), but when I have friends over, I put it up on my TV (60hz) and use a gamepad. The stuttering is pretty consistent when I'm strafing left and panning the camera right and vise versa. I also messed around with dead zones and sensitivities as well with no luck either. To make sure it wasn't my TV, i tested it on my monitor with a controller with the same results. So the stuttering is definitely an issue with the gamepad cross platform. Hopefully this issue can be resolved...
*Just a side note, there is no fps drops either, solid across the board.
System specs:
GPU: GTX 980ti
CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
Memory: 16GB

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-08-2015, 10:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eux4Tc_t2RQ

Please fix this, the game is unplayable for me. So disappointing......

TheChrisso_
12-09-2015, 01:44 AM
A feedback from Ubisoft concerning this matter would be much appreciated! It's impossible to aim fluently. Don't want to know how many times i died because of this?!

strict_flow
12-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Its worse that it happens when ADS

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Doesn't look like Ubisoft care, or are listening.... Not even playing the pile of crap now because of this stuttering...

UbiEpi
12-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Hey all,

Passing this along to see what kind of information we can dig up. Thank you for the report.

Xtreme Habbitz
12-09-2015, 07:02 PM
About time thanks only paid 59.99 for your game to stutter like mad when i try turn fast

doopdeloop
12-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Hey all,

Passing this along to see what kind of information we can dig up. Thank you for the report.

Thank you. This is easily the most frustrating thing in this game aside from the network issues. I don't know how this stutter thing make it past QA.

Can you add it to the known issues list so it's not lost and forgotten?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues?

TheChrisso_
12-09-2015, 08:03 PM
much appreciated thx

TheChrisso_
12-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Hey all,

much appreciated thx

UbiEpi
12-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Thank you. This is easily the most frustrating thing in this game aside from the network issues. I don't know how this stutter thing make it past QA.

Can you add it to the known issues list so it's not lost and forgotten?

This is a fairly localized issue, as only a handful of players have reported it. QA isn't able to catch everything, but they do catch a lot. I will be keeping this tab open until I hear back from the team though, so I won't lose you.

Thanks for letting us know! If anyone has a video of this in action that would help as well.

Also, is anyone using a unique controller, or the standard controller that comes with the console? Thanks!

Xtreme Habbitz
12-09-2015, 11:37 PM
try it yourself put your sensitivity on max and keep going round but not full speed you will see it stutters. so makes turning on the spot very bad. dead zone left 10 dead zone right 10 ads 100

This is a fairly localized issue, as only a handful of players have reported it. QA isn't able to catch everything, but they do catch a lot. I will be keeping this tab open until I hear back from the team though, so I won't lose you.

Thanks for letting us know! If anyone has a video of this in action that would help as well.

Also, is anyone using a unique controller, or the standard controller that comes with the console? Thanks!

Like30000ninjas
12-10-2015, 02:07 AM
I have had this issue also. I have a launch day PS4, and a brand new camo (stock) controller. I use the following settings:

Left DZ: 12
Right DZ: 8

Vert sensitivity: 4
Horiz sensitivity: 4

ADS sensitivity: 50%

As others have said, it occurs when not full acceleration on right stick. I use Kontrol Freaks, so it's extra pronounced.

catbix
12-10-2015, 03:39 AM
Hey all,

Can you please add this to the list of bugs?

It's painful for us to see this not even being acknowledged as a known issue.

Also this thread has some really good videos demonstrating the issue:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1344352-Rainbow-six-Siege-PS4-XBOX-analogue-stick-bug

One of the XIM4 developers, who are able to put the controls under a technical microscope, also wrote this piece about a slightly related issue:

I found that the game is bugged in that if you change an in-game option the look mechanic changes and is different between when it's changed and the next time you start the game. This would explain why people have reported it feeling different and floaty. They are tweaking it in one session and experience good results, close the game, re open it and it feels awful again. It feels bad because the look mechanic reverted.

One of the look mechanic "modes" has significantly less micro movement and a higher deadzone. The other mode uses a lower deadzone and more micro movement. I just confirmed the behavior is better for both platforms after adjusting the right stick deadzone knob. This is a lot to digest so to break it down...

1) startup look mechanic without touching knobs (10 right stick deadzone) - large deadzone, poor micro movement
2) lowest right stick deadzone - smaller deadzone, very poor micro movement
3) altered right stick deadzone (10) - larger deadzone, great micro movement

On #3. 10 can already be set as default when you launch the game and it will have the behavior of #1. It's only when you alter 10 to a different number and then back to 10 that you get #3, which is the best type of look mechanic. In short, max the three in-game sensitivity knobs, and each time you launch the game change the right stick deadzone size to something else and then back to 10 for best results.

The game changing between two look mechanics while using the same settings does not make R6 a good candidate for support. It may make the most sense to wait for a patch. I'm going to try a few other combination of in-game settings to see if I can get something to stick.

Like30000ninjas
12-10-2015, 03:52 AM
Here's a video of the problem: http://youtu.be/yFfqdGFUsWY

catbix
12-10-2015, 04:05 AM
Here's a video of the problem: http://youtu.be/yFfqdGFUsWY

Watching that video, I cringe every time I see the stutter. What does it matter if it runs at 60fps when it has the (apparent) frame rate of Turok 64.

Like30000ninjas
12-10-2015, 05:13 AM
Exactly, my patience is wearing thin. They really need to officially acknowledge the issue.

Sober As A Bird
12-10-2015, 05:26 AM
+1
Same issue, Xbox 1

I'm having the same stuttering issue.

pappakenoo
12-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Same issue here. Launch day PS4 with two original controllers tested.

It occurs when the right stick is about 50% pushed to either side. Moving just a little bit and it's buttery smooth, same with pushing the stick all the way to either side. But in the middle of the motion, it starts stuttering. Changing sensitivity doesn't matter, it's always at about the same stick angle.

I can live with drops in fps, but this is something else. It's borderline unplayable for me as it is right now.

I was starting to think it was my ps4 causing the problem, thinking about purchasing a new one. Yeah, that's how much i love this game. But this needs to be fixed!

Oh i can also add i had the exact same issue in the alpha/beta.

MioStarkid
12-10-2015, 10:55 AM

Here is your requested video Sir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfqdGFUsWY

It isn't form me, so that shows even more, its a common issue
Thanks for your work

doudou_fr
12-10-2015, 01:49 PM

As asked, videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YZv7ruKlF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALOjNxinOb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dG9Gum-2E

limpbrush
12-10-2015, 02:22 PM
As asked, videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YZv7ruKlF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALOjNxinOb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dG9Gum-2E

More accurate and new video

Listen to the drone sound!! (1:10)

watch youtube 60fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Bje4f4czk

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-10-2015, 03:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eux4Tc_t2RQ

Please fix this, the game is unplayable for me. So disappointing......

I posted a video on page 2 of this thread, the game really is unbearable for me so It's likely going on eBay, doesn't seem like you guys have any clue on this issue....

UbiEpi
12-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone!

UbiEpi
12-10-2015, 04:25 PM
To update you all, I have added this to the Known Issues list.

Thank you all for working with us to find it! We are working on it now. :)

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-10-2015, 04:36 PM

Thanks, looking forward to actually playing the game!

doopdeloop
12-10-2015, 04:55 PM

Awesome! Thank you!

catbix
12-10-2015, 04:57 PM

Thanks! Also just to be clear, there are two separate issues that I believe require separate entries in the known bugs list. One is the stutter which you've just done, the second is the sensitivity options resetting every time you reboot. I'll cut and paste it again for you below:

"I found that the game is bugged in that if you change an in-game option the look mechanic changes and is different between when it's changed and the next time you start the game. This would explain why people have reported it feeling different and floaty. They are tweaking it in one session and experience good results, close the game, re open it and it feels awful again. It feels bad because the look mechanic reverted.

One of the look mechanic "modes" has significantly less micro movement and a higher deadzone. The other mode uses a lower deadzone and more micro movement. I just confirmed the behavior is better for both platforms after adjusting the right stick deadzone knob. This is a lot to digest so to break it down...

1) startup look mechanic without touching knobs (10 right stick deadzone) - large deadzone, poor micro movement
2) lowest right stick deadzone - smaller deadzone, very poor micro movement
3) altered right stick deadzone (10) - larger deadzone, great micro movement

On #3. 10 can already be set as default when you launch the game and it will have the behavior of #1. It's only when you alter 10 to a different number and then back to 10 that you get #3, which is the best type of look mechanic. In short, max the three in-game sensitivity knobs, and each time you launch the game change the right stick deadzone size to something else and then back to 10 for best results."

Xtreme Habbitz
12-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Music to my ears thanks for adding it to the known problems list. Now lets get this fixed asap. whats a shooter without good aim
thanks for your time!

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Any new on this, only I paid 50 for the game and find it unplayable. Friends are playing it and I feel I'm going to have misssed the boat by the time there is any news on a fix.

Am I able to return the game for a refund as it's unplayable?

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Any news?, not been able to play the game since launch...... Can I get refunded?

Xcell_Miguel
12-16-2015, 08:26 PM
The bug is still there after the 1.1 update, the game is almost unplayable, it stutters everytime you slow your aim and thus, want to be precise...

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Sod this bull ****e, want a refund - last Ubisoft game I buy.

catbix
12-16-2015, 10:18 PM
This problem has actually gotten worse with the new patch. This is really unplayable for me now, whereas before I could kind of avoid it if I forced myself not to make any wide or sudden turns.

LastToNight
12-16-2015, 10:54 PM
The bug is still there after the 1.1 update, the game is almost unplayable, it stutters everytime you slow your aim and thus, want to be precise...

Its not a bug, its poor devs decision. Its called dead zone which has no place on analog gamepad moreover they made a minimum dead zone equals 5 and not zero, but in Ubisoft Montreal's vision it was meant to be that way.

catbix
12-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Its not a bug, its poor devs decision. Its called dead zone which has no place on analog gamepad moreover they made a minimum dead zone equals 5 and not zero, but in Ubisoft Montreal's vision it was meant to be that way.

I know what a deadzone is, and this is most certainly not a deadzone issue.

Xcell_Miguel
12-17-2015, 01:43 PM

It's not deadzone, just turn the stick to the max, then less and less, and far before hiting the deadzone, the stutter occurs when the game changes aim speed.

It's also happening with a mouse on PC when you're aiming quickly and want to be precise, it stutters.

jaysta_
12-18-2015, 11:30 AM
+1!

N36-MI-477
12-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Same issue here. https://youtu.be/lY6n1tnSX_I Pretty sure it only started happening after the patch. Happens only on PvP, all sensitivities, standard PS4 controller, always connected with a cable and with earphones plugged in.

catbix
12-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Same issue here. https://youtu.be/lY6n1tnSX_I Pretty sure it only started happening after the patch. Happens only on PvP, all sensitivities, standard PS4 controller, always connected with a cable and with earphones plugged in.

5 pages on this thread and you think it was only just introduced? No, it's been there since launch.

JesusLovesDenim
12-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Have the Devs explained what they believe the issue to be yet or at least a date in mind when they plan to release the next draft of bug fixes?

This is currently making the game next to unplayable, I've even hard wired my PS4 thinking it was a lag issue on my end!

Was this apparent in the Beta testing? I'd be interested in seeing what Ubisoft's deems acceptable before releasing a product to the public.

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Have the Devs explained what they believe the issue to be yet or at least a date in mind when they plan to release the next draft of bug fixes?

This is currently making the game next to unplayable, I've even hard wired my PS4 thinking it was a lag issue on my end!

Was this apparent in the Beta testing? I'd be interested in seeing what Ubisoft's deems acceptable before releasing a product to the public.

They are not responding, they have our money so they don't care. I haven't played a full round since the game released. I would take the game back for a refund but can;t find the receipt, can Ubisoft refund me for this pile of worthless unplayable crap they have released?

Like30000ninjas
12-20-2015, 07:34 PM
It's been added to the know issues list. They don't have an update yet, though.

N36-MI-477
12-21-2015, 04:03 PM
5 pages on this thread and you think it was only just introduced? No, it's been there since launch.

I meant in my case. My friend says he had it in Beta and not in the release version. Dev said in this thread that it doesn't always happen for everyone.

Qardon
12-25-2015, 05:27 AM
i have the same problem..

Dunkageddon
12-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Same issue here, when I can actually play the game, which is rare.

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
12-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Took the game back and got refunded. Liked the look of assassin's creed syndicate but I see that a Ubisoft game also - won't be buying another Ubisoft game EVER.

JayyRupp
12-28-2015, 11:18 PM
I don't notice any "stuttering" on my end, but the aiming just feels off to me somehow...
It's noticeable as hell if you're looking for it. Then again I can feel the difference between 58 and 60 frames without vsync.

Like30000ninjas
12-30-2015, 04:57 AM
Amidst all of the connectivity issues, I want to make it clear that this is still an important (and frustrating) problem.

xX I Gero I Xx
12-30-2015, 09:54 PM
Yea pls fix this issue ASAP. Are the devs acknowledged this issue?

catbix
01-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Yea pls fix this issue ASAP. Are the devs acknowledged this issue?

Yes they have acknowledged this issue, but they haven't acknowledged the issue about setting changes not "sticking" and having to set them again each time you boot the game. They are two separate issues which I think they are incorrectly treating as one.

Jake3054
01-04-2016, 06:37 AM
There is a workaround. You simply toggle the aim assist, hit apply, and the game will switch back to the saved look mechanic.

This will fix your aiming Client Side, however your look mechanics won't match the servers look mechanics, clearly the server is using the ****ty old look mechanics still. This is where the Stuttering issue comes into play. The server is having issues with the clients look mechanics because it does not quite match the servers settings, So the stuttering is basically lag.

catbix
01-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Your acting like you got a defective copy of the game? Your friends are playing the game just fine, but you feel left out because you find the game unplayable?

I'm just going to skip the bull ****, Put the Xim4 away, learn how to use a controller like the rest of your friends, and stop complaining. If you want to play the game with a mouse and keyboard buy it for the PC. Don't act like ubisofts at fault, if anything you should have been asking for an exchange, not a refund.

I'm confused. Firstly you mention that you believe it's a legitimate bug. Then you say it's only an issue if you use a XIM. So what is it?

Aquamage125
01-05-2016, 01:17 AM
There is a workaround. You simply toggle the aim assist, hit apply, and the game will switch back to the saved look mechanic.

This will fix your aiming Client Side, however your look mechanics won't match the servers look mechanics, clearly the server is using the ****ty old look mechanics still. This is where the Stuttering issue comes into play. The server is having issues with the clients look mechanics because it does not quite match the servers settings, So the stuttering is basically lag.

Not sure if you actually have this problem but as someone who has been dealing with this since launch let me tell you if it was as simple as toggling aim assist I would still be playing this game. The problem is something different and I can tell you from hours of tweaking, uninstalling, and hair pulling that it is definitely a problem on Ubisofts end to which there is no good work around.

geistreiches
01-08-2016, 04:26 PM
this is unplayable today, why is this not addressed at the highest, never have seen such a bug in a online shooter to date!!

geistreiches
01-08-2016, 04:56 PM

this is ********, stop talking if you don`t even have the issue, aim assist has nothing to do with it

SketchBagMenace
01-09-2016, 06:16 AM
PS4: dealing with the same issue this game is broken along with the netcode.

TheChrisso_
01-11-2016, 09:48 AM
the "slight" stuttering (how Ubisoft calls it) is a huge problem! it makes the game almost unplayable sometimes. let me assure you that my ps4 is connected to 50 Mbit/s via cable. the issue is reported but not one of their top priorities?! smh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7TJ9lWplHs

BrutalImpact47
01-17-2016, 10:37 AM
Bump.

Having this issue also. Hopefully Ubisoft will be able to fix it soon, it really throws off your aim in situations you need it the most : (

Tatterz
01-19-2016, 07:12 AM
I'm having all these issues too. This is a real problem that should be addressed.

rico6801
01-19-2016, 08:11 AM
My XBOX 1 control is the same. Its awful. it makes timing the swing of the gun hard and throws you off. total ****. plz fix.

ItchyRobot
01-19-2016, 07:28 PM
I get the stutter too. I am on the PS4. Pretty annoying bug =/
All my other shooter games do not have this issue, just Siege.

geistreiches
01-23-2016, 08:35 AM
is there any update on this? when it will be fixed? the thread is growing bigger, i do not believe that this is just a problem for a few players out there, I bought a second controller just to test if the bug is there as well (original ps4 controller from sony) ...I found out it is the game creating the bug, and only in PvP, its not happening when playing situations... as you can see on the videos posted... just enter "rainbow six siege stutter" on youtube search and you find many more videos... you need to fix this and make it a priority

https://youtu.be/L7TJ9lWplHs

rico6801
01-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Heres a possible fix. Take a look and tell me what you think?

www.twitch.tv/rico46
live streaming this now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzQ6JUDhsU

kinglouse
01-28-2016, 06:54 AM
Heres a possible fix. Take a look and tell me what you think?

www.twitch.tv/rico46
live streaming this now

The workaround is to add a velocity jump. Simply awful. The better solution would have been to cap the turn speed at 69%.

kinglouse
01-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Ok so they've updated the bug list, and the stutter issue isn't part of the next big 2.0 update.

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/42z6z8/fyi_we_updated_the_top_priorities_and_known/

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-26-2016?

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
01-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Ok so they've updated the bug list, and the stutter issue isn't part of the next big 2.0 update.

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/42z6z8/fyi_we_updated_the_top_priorities_and_known/

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-26-2016?

Indeed....

kinglouse
02-03-2016, 12:56 AM
bump

TheChrisso_
02-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Patch 2.0 and still the terrible stuttering! I think it will take them ages to fix it. I thought it would be a quick fix?! It's getting ridiculous because they don't comment on that issue.

With all of the other countless bugs this game has the stuttering is the worst of them for me! Moving the right stick to the left is most of the time fluent but moving to the right is the problem for me. It takes almost twice the time to move to that direction. I think you always have the disadvantage when enemies are coming from the right side. Plus moving your Operator in general is difficult because you can't move to both directions properly. It just sucks!

Jake3054
02-03-2016, 11:42 PM
Patch 2.0 and still the terrible stuttering! I think it will take them ages to fix it. I thought it would be a quick fix?! It's getting ridiculous because they don't comment on that issue.

With all of the other countless bugs this game has the stuttering is the worst of them for me! Moving the right stick to the left is most of the time fluent but moving to the right is the problem for me. It takes almost twice the time to move to that direction. I think you always have the disadvantage when enemies are coming from the right side. Plus moving your Operator in general is difficult because you can't move to both directions properly. It just sucks!

lol, the stuttering has been addressed, it was fixed in patch 2.0. Go over to video settings, and under Vsync, change it from OFF, to 1 FRAME. The stuttering will be gone, and as an added bonus, you can play terrorist hunt all by your lonesome self, with 60fps.

The game still fails to keep the proper deadzone when launching though. I have no clue why they said they fixed this.

TheChrisso_
02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
lol, the stuttering has been addressed, it was fixed in patch 2.0. Go over to video settings, and under Vsync, change it from OFF, to 1 FRAME. The stuttering will be gone, and as an added bonus, you can play terrorist hunt all by your lonesome self, with 60fps.

The game still fails to keep the proper deadzone when launching though. I have no clue why they said they fixed this.

dude what are you talking about? you are in the console section. the stuttering still exists!

kinglouse
02-04-2016, 12:43 AM
lol, the stuttering has been addressed, it was fixed in patch 2.0. Go over to video settings, and under Vsync, change it from OFF, to 1 FRAME.

You can't be serious right. You think turning off vsync is an acceptable solution?

Gez, why don't they just provide us with an option to toggle the graphics to PS1 level geometry to get 120fps.

TheChrisso_
02-04-2016, 01:04 AM
These settings work pretty good for me! Not the solution but def better. PS4

http://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/29635331/Unbenannt.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-29635331/Unbenannt.jpg.html)

TheChrisso_
02-04-2016, 09:35 AM
I know perfectly well where I am in this forum. I came here for a reason, and I posted a valid solution to this issue.
Go to your options, in the video section, the first option is the Vsync Option.

There are only 2 settings to choose from, OFF and 1 FRAME.
The setting is OFF by default. Change this to 1 FRAME.

The Stuttering will be gone when you set it to 1 FRAME.
The Stuttering will come back if you turn it OFF.

I did not state anything as an acceptable solution.
I simply provided you with the information required to remove the Stuttering from both Xbox 1 and PS4 versions of the game.

Simple Instructions. Works on Xbox 1 and PS4
Options > Video > Vsync
Change this setting to 1 Frame

The Stuttering WILL be gone.

I don't know if you're a lucky man, this is a placebo effect just for you or you're trolling? But it def doesn't work for me. Btw I had the settings on 1 since I bought the game. It's on default. So I tend to say you're just a troll. No offense, good day.

Wastedyuthe
02-04-2016, 11:54 PM
I don't know if you're a lucky man, this is a placebo effect just for you or you're trolling? But it def doesn't work for me. Btw I had the settings on 1 since I bought the game. It's on default. So I tend to say you're just a troll. No offense, good day.

Gotta admit it did nothing for me either. As you said it's on 1 by default anyway, and still stuttering.

limpbrush
02-06-2016, 12:45 AM
When it will realize ?

it's not hardware problem!!!

Please invest five minutes test!!!!!!!

it's programming problem...

I do not play this game . for two~three months

Do you really revised?

it's problems for everyone.

Just discovered. Only sensitive people.

Make Stop ****ing dlc . Be first fix from this.

Please , please fix . ****ing *******

my country has a this prover.

"Let's skip ubi game"

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
02-11-2016, 10:03 PM
When it will realize ?

it's not hardware problem!!!

Please invest five minutes test!!!!!!!

it's programming problem...

I do not play this game . for two~three months

Do you really revised?

it's problems for everyone.

Just discovered. Only sensitive people.

Make Stop ****ing dlc . Be first fix from this.

Please , please fix . ****ing *******

my country has a this prover.

"Let's skip ubi game"

Any chance of this ever being fixed, just bought the game again after the 2 patches - still unplayable. Canceled Far Cry Primal and The Division pre-orders, no trust in Ubisoft whatsoever. It's not even in the notes for the major patch? - this makes the game unplayable for many of us - get it fixed you idiots.

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
02-11-2016, 10:07 PM

The guy in this video seems to have a better idea than Ubisoft's idiot programmers

iceberay
02-11-2016, 10:48 PM
I have 4 ps4 controller, 2 0day model v1, 2 new model v2 with headphone chip which blocks unautorized headsets.

I had same issue with one of my old controller, but the v2 model controllers works good.

Try with new v2 type controllers if you are on ps4.

doudou_fr
02-18-2016, 02:26 AM
From people saying the VSync set to OFF fix the issue this is not true, even more it is not an issue link to the 3D engine; it exist enough video that show the environment and teammate moving smoothly when a stutter occurs with a VSync to 1.
Theses ones demonstrate the issue isn't link to that part otherwise we will have far more people detect this issue.

Basically, it exist two "work around":

A) you have to change your settings regarding the controller each time you launch the game.
So, you launch the game, go inside the controller adjustment, tweak a value of any deadzone, save, then change it back to the previous value and save.
It should still occurs but far more less often than normal. That "fix" will working only regarding the current game session (not match session), it does mean that it need to be done each time you launch your game.

B) you need a 3rd party controller that allow you to modify movement behavior then setup it to avoid stick movement >= 70%

Cheers

TheChrisso_
02-18-2016, 01:51 PM
I have 4 ps4 controller, 2 0day model v1, 2 new model v2 with headphone chip which blocks unautorized headsets.

I had same issue with one of my old controller, but the v2 model controllers works good.

Try with new v2 type controllers if you are on ps4.

Many people bought new controllers and the issue is still relevant. sorry but what you write is not true. I won't buy a new controller to try if this ****ing problem still exists! Most annoying about it is that nobody from ubisoft comes over here and comments. The issue is still on the list and there has been no progress so far. bad customer service!

SM0KEY LIVE
02-18-2016, 10:17 PM
It wont be fixed, they are to busy patting each other on the back for pissing everyone off. I swear they do things like this on purpose, but we are the twats for purchasing a game from a company with a track record for not giving a flying **** and for pissing people off

catbix
02-19-2016, 04:26 AM
I'm glad you guys are still bumping this, let's not let them let this issue die.

geistreiches
02-20-2016, 09:02 AM
I can confirm, I bought a new one, the problem is a lot less but it still is there, the stuttering happens, but only in this game, all other games like battlefield, battlefront work fine with the old and the new controller

geistreiches
02-20-2016, 09:06 AM
you do not even understand what this thread is about, so stop talking, its about input lag from a controller! and its not fixed!

xXI_SuBZeRo_IXx
02-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Come on Ubiwank for **** sake.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

Boatank
02-24-2016, 05:05 PM
they will fix **** like always. the game is broken forever

SingTheSorrow
02-24-2016, 07:04 PM
I cannot believe this still hasn't been addressed.

I noticed this immediately when I got the game around Christmas.

It feels like the game is trying to adjust your aim with some kind of "phantom auto aim". It's insanely irritating.

Going from a game like Dying Light, which has incredibly smooth aiming, to this is a nightmare to adjust to.

Boatank
02-24-2016, 09:51 PM
they can't even fix this bug. eventually they can't because the game/engine are too fked up to rework.
we don't get any answer anyway to this.. why do we even try to write a post about it. ubisoft got our money

kinglouse
03-01-2016, 05:14 AM
Bump

thatZ no m00n
03-04-2016, 09:01 AM
I'm experiencing the same and have done from the 1st day of playing. It's making it quite difficult to play. I can play other games perfectly fine, including all of the Division beta playthroughs with no problems. I've tried numerous dead zone configurations and no joy. I seriously feel like I'm going to have to trade the game in, which is a shame as the concept is great.

MuckaChu
03-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Ah there's a post about this :)

Mine didn't do this when i first got the game on release, It only started about 2 patches away. Even though the game had issues when it came out, my game got worse and worse on every patch release. I get the same stuttering when turning but also sometimes it speeds up like an acceleration so my aim skips past a player.

I play on PS4.

LukesWavey
03-04-2016, 01:30 PM
I cannot believe this still hasn't been addressed.

I noticed this immediately when I got the game around Christmas.

It feels like the game is trying to adjust your aim with some kind of "phantom auto aim". It's insanely irritating.

Going from a game like Dying Light, which has incredibly smooth aiming, to this is a nightmare to adjust to.

Funny you mention Dying Light as that was one game I really noticed it on. Annoyingly it even occurs on an Xbox Elite Controller with the Long thumbstick and it's so noticeable on there it's ridiculous. Because of how smooth you can aim with the controller any jerky montions you notice right away and it comes to a point sometimes I'm changing settings the begining of the game cause the dead zonee has reset and then you get this stuttering on top it's rather annoying.

ballsykudu
03-05-2016, 09:39 PM
I have the same issue until i change my sensitivity and save and then return to normal and save. Also noticed that a deadzone below 10 amplified this issue.

TheChrisso_
04-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Bump

gillo86
04-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Hopefully it comes with the Season 2 DLC .. not "sometime" in Season 2 .. its an incredibly annoying bug.

I've tried 3 different controllers (one that came with my system in 2015, my brother in laws star wars edition, one new spare i bought last month) and the issue remains

Aquamage125
05-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Season 2 Patch has been released and they specifically noted that they have fixed the right stick issue. That's funny because I just downloaded the patch, launched the game, and there's almost no difference. Is it too difficult for you to figure out the problem? Or are you showing us, your paying customers that you blatantly don't care and have no problem lying about the issue now? Either way thanks for nothing Ubishaft.

catbix
05-12-2016, 05:04 AM
I can't believe this wasn't fixed in 3.0. What the hell

Boatank
05-12-2016, 06:18 AM
fk ubisoft

katsuruTM
05-12-2016, 09:00 AM
6 months and still no fix !

dazzlerazzle84
05-13-2016, 06:20 AM
Same here after recent patch **** is stuttering on right stick like crazy

Boatank
05-13-2016, 06:27 AM
they don't care about it. it's like unplayable on console, those scammers just getting our money

Kourteous
05-13-2016, 04:17 PM
I've tested on both consoles.
I was disappointed not to see this on the list of known issues as controls are literally the most important thing to get right!

100% agreed! The settings for console controllers can be improved a lot

MackTheButcher
05-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Same here after recent patch **** is stuttering on right stick like crazy Same here

TheChrisso_
05-21-2016, 08:41 AM
My controller works just fine in Doom SP and MP. No stuttering at all at 60 fps. Just for the people saying controllers are broke.

Most important thing for a slow fps like Siege is accurate aiming! But nah, they care more about skins, helmets and stuff. Top priorities!

MackTheButcher
05-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Any updates on this UbiEpi ? This issue needs to be addressed

PingCounter
05-31-2016, 04:08 PM
Any updates on this UbiEpi ? This issue needs to be addressed

according to their known issues list, it's currently being investigated and planned to be fixed in the early june update. at least they finally acknowledged that it exists

TheChrisso_
06-01-2016, 05:55 PM
It's fixed!!!

ItchyRobot
06-01-2016, 07:46 PM
It's fixed!!!
God I hope so. Stuttering was my only complaint about this game (PS4). It made me feel like I was trying to learn to play fps games on a controller all over over again =(

catbix
06-02-2016, 02:10 AM
Ok I think this has been fixed. I waited until midway through the game to test it so there should be a lot of damage and gadgets and bullets to really stress test the CPU but it seems fine so far. I would like to run some more tests during the heat of a multi person firefight to see if it continues to hold up.

N36-MI-477
06-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Still not completely fixed, there is another type of stutter. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1459061-Right-stick-stuttering-still-isn-t-completely-fixed?p=11757933&viewfull=1#post11757933)