PDA

View Full Version : microphone doesn't work

vG.JuventiNero
12-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Hello. I have a problem with my microphone. Indeed I can't communicate in Rainbow Six Siege because of my microphone. It works fine in all other games and apps I use so I find it really annoying. I've searched in Google, I've tried changing settings in Uplay ingame, Uplay and the game itself. Please Help me.

And I'm sorry about my English it's not my native langage.

PC specs :

MSI 970 Gaming
AMD FX 8350
Asus GTX 960 Strix 2Gb
12 Gb RAM ( 3 ram sticks )

PatrolSix
12-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Same issue for me. Works with other software and games, just not with this game. No in-game options help. The uplay beta mic thing, when I hit the test button lets me hear that my mic is working, but people ingame can't hear me. Is there a port that needs to be open? Something that needs to be run as admin?

TrippinKoala
12-02-2015, 01:12 AM
So I think you might be having the same problem as me. I did some testing and think that what the problem is for me is that the game is trying to take the microphone input from the front input panel. I use the back one seeing as my front one doesn't actually work. So I would suggest if you have another mic input on you computer try using that. But it is stupid that they can't make the game select what port you use unlike every other game EVER. They really need to fix this.

UbiInsulin
12-02-2015, 01:19 AM
Hey PatrolSix I brought this to peoples' attention and I'll get back to you once I hear something.

PatrolSix
12-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Thanks. I do have two sound cards as I think most people probably do playing this, one is on the motherboard and one is a pci-e card, but the onboard one is totally disabled in the bios and windows, and in the game the 'proper' sound card is correctly selected. Just strange that I can hear the mic working myself running the test but others can't.

Pvt.Chill
12-02-2015, 12:39 PM
This is a well known problem.
We were struggling with this since closed beta.
Yesterday I needed nearly an hour to fix this.

Something you should try first:

Be sure your recording device is your standard device.
Right click on the sound button in the right bottom of the task bar.
Recording devices -> right click on your recording sound card -> use as standard.

If it doesnt work set your ingame voice to active, change it back to push to talk and press the push to talk button after that.
I wish you good luck with that.

nio_I0I
12-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Same problem here...

I can use my mic with any app or game but not with R6S.
Even uplay voice chat can use it.

My mic is the only recording device, and is selected by default.

Switching between in game voice options didn't help.

PLEASE FIX THIS. It is very annoying and frustrating.

Thanks.

Aedene
12-06-2015, 04:10 AM
I got it to work! I never reply to these forums, but I've been so pissed with this issue. Disable all recording devices EXCEPT for your mic. Then when you play, it'll work.

Kintakz
12-06-2015, 07:39 AM
Also having this problem. This is a huge issue in a game where communication is key (not to mention the typed character limit in chat is the worst it has been in any game).

PatrolSix
12-07-2015, 11:44 AM
I got mine 'on' too but it's still not usable. Sometimes it broadcasts and sometimes it doesn't, and as I have no way to know if it's working or it isn't unless I constantly ask if people can hear me, it's next to useless. The Uplay beta voice chat doesnt show anything onscreen when transmitting and the ingame voice chat flickers a name onscreen supposedly of who's broadcasting, even when they're not broadcasting. I have to either disable everything as mentioned by Aedene above, or disable and re-enable every few rounds in a game. It also broadcasts no matter which option is chosen in the settings, but everyone seems to get this issue.

This should be fixed immediately as it surely must be illegal to record and broadcast someone's conversations without their knowledge. Yes I know there's a 'workaround' of turning it off/on/off etc but the default should be 'off' anyway and people should have to actively switch it on themselves.

Anyone know when a patch is coming?

d_coded
12-07-2015, 01:28 PM
I've been having similar issues since I bought the game with push to talk. When I have voice set to push to talk, my mic highlights/name shows up as if I'm talking but nobody can hear me. The only solution I've found is to set my voice to always on, then my team hears me no problem..back to push to talk and they can't hear me anymore. It's still showing my name light up as if I'm talking but it won't transmit my voice to my team.

Also every few games my voice won't get picked up when voice is on always open and I'll have to go mess with the Record Threshold so it picks up my voice. Sure would love a fix for these issues. On a game so heavily reliant on teamwork/communication I would hope these issues are a major concern.

NoX.iG
06-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I can't believe this issue is still ongoing, I cannot hear anyone else when they're talking. When I talk I do not see my name with chat icon (but others can hear me)

Ubugsoft_Aimbot
10-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Same thing happened to me after this update I think. My mic works well before and recently it just can't be used in R6 anymore. I tried disable and able again. I tried to switch to another mic, but they all not working. Mic is really important in these kind of game. So please fix this.

voitekK
10-19-2016, 07:26 PM
I got it to work! I never reply to these forums, but I've been so pissed with this issue. Disable all recording devices EXCEPT for your mic. Then when you play, it'll work.

Doesn't work for me

Kickinback32
10-21-2016, 04:16 AM
Exactly what happened with me. Mic was working fine on 4.2 when 4.3 came out nothing. It acts like i don't even have a mic. Plus I can't hear anyone in game.

kilarbourbon
10-21-2016, 07:21 AM
Exactly what happened with me. Mic was working fine on 4.2 when 4.3 came out nothing. It acts like i don't even have a mic. Plus I can't hear anyone in game.

Yep, and this kept me away from playing ranked since patch 4.3, I barely play casual as well now.
Sigh...It's been a while since I post my thread and didn't see response from Ubi

MuckMyNauts
10-22-2016, 03:20 PM
i have the same problem since the last week. mic was working fine, suddenly s**t isn't working in-game. strangely, i think it happened after downloading hd texture pack, but i don't see any connection

sin78bad
02-20-2017, 06:20 PM
UBIIIIIIIII When you will fix this ****