PDA

View Full Version : newb question about the game

tekcajder
06-16-2004, 01:16 AM
i was wondering, obviously you can fly the planes. but can you act as a gunner? or bomber? are there more options with multiplayer?

like i said its a newb question, so i'm sorry if i've come off a bit dim ... figured i'd ask.

tekcajder
06-16-2004, 01:16 AM
i was wondering, obviously you can fly the planes. but can you act as a gunner? or bomber? are there more options with multiplayer?

like i said its a newb question, so i'm sorry if i've come off a bit dim ... figured i'd ask.

BuzZz_WG
06-16-2004, 01:46 AM
Welcome Sir!

Yes, you can switch from pilot other positions. You can man all the gunner positions a plane has and you can even take the bombardier position.

I don't know about multiplayer. Is it possible to man a gunner position in an il-2 and let another real-live player be the pilot?

BREAK! BREAK!
Nevermind...

JG52_Helgstrand
06-16-2004, 02:53 AM
You can do it in a COOP but not in a DF server...

Hptm.Helgstrand
JG52 Recruiting Officer
JG52 The Butcherbirds (http://www.geocities.com/jg52thebutcherbirds/)
http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Helgstrand/JG52_Sig_copy_02.jpg

tekcajder
06-16-2004, 04:14 AM
how many players can you have in COOP?

Monson74
06-16-2004, 04:25 AM
32 I guess - depends on bandwidth though.

S!

Monson

"So when Diogenes perceived that he was greatly excited and quite keyed up in mind with expectancy, he toyed with him and pulled him about in the hope that somehow he might be moved from his pride and thirst for glory and be able to sober up a little. For he noticed that at one time he was delighted, and at another grieved at the same thing, and that his soul was as unsettled as the weather at the solstices when both rain and sunshine come from the very same source."

(Dio Chrysostom "Discourse" 4.77-78)

billy885
06-16-2004, 06:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52_Helgstrand:
You can do it in a COOP but not in a DF server...

Hptm.Helgstrand
JG52 Recruiting Officer
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Wrong! If you fly a multi-place plane you can use the same key to switch to the other positions. By default it is the "C" key, even on a dogfight server. What you can not do on dogfight server that you can on coop servers is have other humans opt into the open positions as gunners. Only the pilot can switch between the bomber and pilot positions, the gunner can only switch between the gunners postions, if that AI or Human gunner has not been killed.

DeBaer.534
06-16-2004, 07:01 AM
when switching to the gunner position on a dogfight server, remember that youll still have to control the aircraft with the stick.
i love this on Stukas,Il2, and Bf110. already shot down a few planes that way. the MG81Z is realy ugly, 2400 bullets a minute IIRC.