PDA

View Full Version : In 24 hours the game went from a must buy to a do not waste your time.

Downtown13
11-29-2015, 03:05 AM
I am a PS4 user and have been playing or attempting to play the beta since it released earlier this weekend. My first experience with the game was 100% positive. The gameplay was fluid, graphics were outstanding, and the multiplayer mode was competitive and engaging. As I continued to play and encouraged others I know to join the beta and play along with me I was only met with disappointment. Between yesterday and today I have spent hours trying to connect to the servers and be able to play. I have tried multiple methods to trouble shoot the issue and can only conclude the servers are inadequate to fully support what is essentially and 100% online multiplayer game. If the purpose of the beta is to test the servers then I can conclude the test is a failure and I have serious doubts in the play-ability of the game moving forward.

The specific errors I experienced were during the log in faze and I continually received an error stating I was unable to connect to the server. Occasionally, after many attempts, I would successfully login and be shown as being online but when I would try to start a game or join a group I would be stopped as the game attempted to place me in a squad. Regardless what I would try to do to work around these errors it was impossible for me to move forward.

I participated in other recent FPS betas including Battlefront and Black-ops 3 and experienced no such issues. I do not know whether it is because more resources were devoted to those games or if it is more a statement as to the consideration that Ubisoft has toward the gamer experience. Either way, after this experience I do not believe that I can trust in the end result of this game and would not recommend it to any of my friends.

-Ed

Pleasure.
11-29-2015, 06:24 AM
you will get a simple question from me here:

do you actually know what an open beta is for ? Do you think its a demo ?

it is a TEST to test the server capabilities... and yeah... they do not work that great.. if they do everything right after this test they should work on release though.. not saying that we should count on it.. but complaining that you are having server issues in an open beta... is totally nonsense.

darknightd
11-29-2015, 12:14 PM
you will get a simple question from me here:

do you actually know what an open beta is for ? Do you think its a demo ?

it is a TEST to test the server capabilities... and yeah... they do not work that great.. if they do everything right after this test they should work on release though.. not saying that we should count on it.. but complaining that you are having server issues in an open beta... is totally nonsense.

I would be inclined to agree with you, if only it wasn't for one major factor that underpins the OP's opinion.
That major factor is that this game is just a couple of days away from release.
And lets face it. The "Beta" has been nothing but problematic from the first day of its release.

You have to bear in mind that the full game that everyone will purchase on Tuesday (with the exception of digital downloads) will essentially be the game that we see today.
That means there will be a fairly sizeable day one patch, not to mention the server issues, i suspect, will still be apparent on release day.
Look at Ubisoft's track record of releasing games that are pretty much broken upon release.
Can you honestly say that you have enough faith and trust in them to provide you with the product they say it will be, and that you'll actually get what you are paying for?

Pleasure.
11-29-2015, 12:35 PM
I would be inclined to agree with you, if only it wasn't for one major factor that underpins the OP's opinion.
That major factor is that this game is just a couple of days away from release.
And lets face it. The "Beta" has been nothing but problematic from the first day of its release.

You have to bear in mind that the full game that everyone will purchase on Tuesday (with the exception of digital downloads) will essentially be the game that we see today.
That means there will be a fairly sizeable day one patch, not to mention the server issues, i suspect, will still be apparent on release day.
Look at Ubisoft's track record of releasing games that are pretty much broken upon release.
Can you honestly say that you have enough faith and trust in them to provide you with the product they say it will be, and that you'll actually get what you are paying for?

of course not ! I have lost my faith in ubisoft a long time ago. Does not change the fact that this is exactly what the open beta is for. And they actually do not have to change the game much, it is rather a server stability issue, which they should be able to fix in the time they had / have. Im pretty sure it will not be fixed.. :D but they should be able to.

I am also pretty sure that it is useless to post anything here.. because they do not give a crap. And i have never in my entire lifetime see any dev from ubisoft come into these forums and make a comment.

lelcat
11-29-2015, 12:39 PM
I think the game is fun, apart from these stability issues. Which are common for large MP games during launch and I am confident they will fix it in the next few days.

Pleasure.
11-29-2015, 12:51 PM
fun yeah.. but the stability issue is by far not the only thing they need to fix. I can easily come up with at least 3 on the spot:

1. Defenders should not look like police !
2. Terrorist Hunt should have more difficulty levels or scale by number of people playing.
3. Defenders need to be availible on Terrorist hunt.
4. Get rid of matchmaking or / and implement a server browser with lobby. Where people can actually kick people if not using voice !!