PDA

View Full Version : Where the damm patch??

jarvisjones
11-29-2015, 02:20 AM
great game yes it is but its 2 weeks now where the dam patch?????

Frag_Maniac
11-29-2015, 03:04 AM
great game yes it is but its 2 weeks now where the dam patch?????

The same patch PS4 and Xone got was posted on Steam 11/25, so we might see it soon. Keep in mind the PC version came out almost a month AFTER the console versions, and is MUCH harder to patch test for than systems with fixed hardware.

Wintermist
11-29-2015, 06:04 AM
I uninstalled because I get that stuck on loading screen a lot now, so until they patch that and also fix graphics up I don't really want to play it at all.

GhostAssassinLT
11-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Wintermist, any graphics porblem you might have is related to drivers for your video card not working as they should, i.e. it's nVidia or AMD that are to blame for those issues, not Ubisoft.
If you really think Ubisoft would release a game with FUBAR graphics then you're incredibly wrong...
I'm currently in mission 9 and other than being sucked into a wall once I'm yet to see a graphical glitch on my system.

Wolfmeister1010
11-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Wintermist, any graphics porblem you might have is related to drivers for your video card not working as they should, i.e. it's nVidia or AMD that are to blame for those issues, not Ubisoft.
If you really think Ubisoft would release a game with FUBAR graphics then you're incredibly wrong...
I'm currently in mission 9 and other than being sucked into a wall once I'm yet to see a graphical glitch on my system.

What about the graphical glitch in which there is no gun smoke when using pistols that affects all PC players as far as I know?

strigoi1958
11-29-2015, 06:23 PM
If it was never included then it is not a glitch... just think of it as a special assassin explosive that is used instead of gunpowder that doesn't smoke and give away our location... or think it is a game not real life and it is how it is.
It doesn't affect all pc players.. it only affects those who care about it. In BF I turned the smoke off as it blocked my view of the enemies but they could see me.

Wolfmeister1010
11-29-2015, 08:11 PM
If it was never included then it is not a glitch... just think of it as a special assassin explosive that is used instead of gunpowder that doesn't smoke and give away our location... or think it is a game not real life and it is how it is.
It doesn't affect all pc players.. it only affects those who care about it. In BF I turned the smoke off as it blocked my view of the enemies but they could see me.

That's...cute.

But it is a glitch. In the console version there is smoke. Because, you know, it's a revolver. It is supposed to be in the game.

By definition, it is a missing a texture. A graphical glitch, Regardless of whether one "cares" about it or not, lol. So yeah, it does affect you. Apparently you just don't mind it.

And you're telling me that you thought GUNSMOKE would be able to keep you hidden from enemies? The hell kind of reasoning is that, lol. Even if they couldn't see you, you did just, you know, FIRE A GUN

Frag_Maniac
11-29-2015, 09:31 PM
And you're telling me that you thought GUNSMOKE would be able to keep you hidden from enemies? The hell kind of reasoning is that, lol. Even if they couldn't see you, you did just, you know, FIRE A GUN

You mean my Stealth Revolver is broken? DAMN you Ubi! LOL

Seriously though, Ubi DOES have a lot of misleading descriptions on some weapons.

Wolfmeister1010
11-29-2015, 09:44 PM
You mean my Stealth Revolver is broken? DAMN you Ubi! LOL

Seriously though, Ubi DOES have a lot of misleading descriptions on some weapons.

Is there actually a "stealth revolver" in game that makes no noise?

It's a stupid justification anyway, considering that guards still react to you normally when you fire a gun at them lol, the smoke is just a basic effect that's missing. No big deal, I'm sure it'll be fixed in the next PC patch, but I don't know why anyone would say it isn't a graphical glitch, lol.

Frag_Maniac
11-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Is there actually a "stealth revolver" in game that makes no noise?

I jest because there not only IS a certain DLC pistol called the Stealth Revolver, they make it sound like it's quiet in it's description. Plus the stats are very misleading. It shows high damage, with most bars being well above other pistols you can get early in the game, yet simple level 3 or 4 missions will warn to upgrade to a better pistol just because it's quickshot ability is low. Obviously it depnds on the type of mission though. It's not the type of gun you want Evie to be defending a carriage with via quick shots. Basically it's powerful, but inaccurate at range due to a short barrel. I'm not really sure if it's ever any quieter. Maybe Jacob and Evie press it against enemy's bodies at point blank range, who knows. I'll try when next to any enemy and see.

Wintermist
11-30-2015, 04:44 AM

What are you talking about?

I'm speaking of bad lighting and other things related to quality such as cloth physics being all jerky and so on, not to glitches. I feel like I'm playing the game on an old TV.

strigoi1958
11-30-2015, 04:50 AM
Unfortunately I think some people may lack the necessary skill to appreciate AC games.. and are probably better suited to something else. :(

It's amazing there are thousands of awesome things in a game and people will search with incredible tenacity to try to find the most obscure irrelevant detail and try to blow it completely out of proportion.

Wolfmeister1010
11-30-2015, 05:14 AM
Unfortunately I think some people may lack the necessary skill to appreciate AC games.. and are probably better suited to something else. :(

It's amazing there are thousands of awesome things in a game and people will search with incredible tenacity to try to find the most obscure irrelevant detail and try to blow it completely out of proportion.

Didn't require incredible tenacity to see that there is no muzzle flash/smoke effect when shooting guns, if that's what you are referring to. There are a lot of guns in this game after all. Noticed it in the first 30 seconds of getting the first pistol.

And not everything you see as "irrelevant" is the same for other people. Plenty of people around the forum and the AC subreddit have been complaining about the clothes FPS issue. It's far from "irrelevant", as it happens to be one of the biggest, if not biggest, complaints from the PC gaming community.

And no one is blowing anything out of proportion. We all know it is an issue and know that they are going to patch it. It is just that people are getting impatient about when the patch drops, because it's a significant bug for many people, and people want a fix before they are finished with the game, or rather, don't want to have to put off from playing so long.

I--Skeptik--I
11-30-2015, 05:18 AM

In a manner of speaking, you're right, but some of the stuff that people rant about is totally justified. Bugs are inevitable, but some are just so nerve wracking and or ridiculous, that it seems "impossible" that it slipped by "QA". (A department that seems foreign to Ubisoft).

Also, Ubisoft does not have the track record of stellar company and their initial launches are, most of the time a disaster. Unity and Watch_Dogs are two perfect examples. Especially Unity. God was that awful.

It's these "little" things that, one by one, pile up and ruin what should be "A great gaming experience". You can only get that "first time through experience" once and these "little" things (If there are enough of them) contribute to ruining that first time experience.

Shadow27-2
11-30-2015, 09:19 AM

Really man? How come that both nVidia and AMD users are facing same issues? Exactly same graphical glitches? What about the thing that both have missing buildings or objects ingame? What about textures on wrong places? You may be fine ingame (or you didnt notice missing building, probably because its invisible), but for us, its really pain. So yes, so far I can say, this issue IS related to game itself, not graphic cards. And it HAS TO BE fixed by patch.

Wolfmeister1010
11-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Hm..PC fix in patch notes says it fixes

"various rendering issues"

Hopefully this will fix some of the graphical glitches involving smoke, rain, ect.

ALso, geometry issues. Good.

Shaftex
11-30-2015, 07:22 PM
Patch 1.21 for PC is coming December 1st

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1336437-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-2-Notes-(PS4-and-Xbox-One)-Forums

Frag_Maniac
11-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Patch 1.21 for PC is coming December 1st

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1336437-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-2-Notes-(PS4-and-Xbox-One)-Forums

Great news, and actually sooner than I expected.

strigoi1958
12-01-2015, 12:51 AM
It just down to who we are... some prefer to play the games others just spend time trying to find any insignificant thing that is not realistic in a GAME and make a fuss... I can prove it... Write down 10 games that you think are perfect and I'll find 5 unrealistic flaws in every one

RVSage
12-01-2015, 01:12 AM
I have to agree with strigoi on this , No game is perfect. I am not saying by any means Unity was a good port, But I see Syndicate as a pretty good PC version. Even a game like witcher 3 has issues. Fallout 4 having lower graphics, performs way worse. And there is enough proof supporting the two statements. No game is perfect , so is Syndicate. If need to knit-pick, I can rip apart most games. But I understand, and try to see the best in these things.

Syndicate has way more good things , than bad things Period, Just like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. And here is one more reason why I feel it is a well done port

locked 30fps @4k even during cutscenes. Maxed out except PCSS and HBAO+ , at that resolution you do not need too much AA as well(980 ti) (Note it could go higher if not half-vysnced)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyaz8BaODlg

YazX_
12-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Patch is live, downloading now :)

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-01-2015, 03:46 PM

still no option to turn off motion blur.

ydnartitcomb
12-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Does this come out at different times for other parts of the world?