PDA

View Full Version : 100% Challenge in Spring-Heeled Jack memory fails immediately

xNaKeD KeDL
11-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Hi everyone.

I've got an issue at the first Charles ****ens memory called Spring-heeled Jack.
Its 100 percent challenge is to kill one of three cultists using dynamite.

These three cultists are under a house in some sort of canalization I think.
And the only way to get there is a ladder in a shaft.

Anyway, when I climb down the ladder, the challenge fails instantly. But I haven't killed any of the cultists or even damaged one.
It doesn't matter if I jump down the shaft, instead of using the ladder, the challenge always fails.

I've also tried to lure one cultist up the ladder, but it didn't work. I restarted the memory several times.
Restarted the hole game, but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help me with this problem, or any ideas what I can try?

Thanks
Greetings from Austria

RaggedTyper
11-29-2015, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone.

I've got an issue at the first Charles ****ens memory called Spring-heeled Jack.
Its 100 percent challenge is to kill one of three cultists using dynamite.

Anyway, when I climb down the ladder, the challenge fails instantly. But I haven't killed any of the cultists or even damaged one.
It doesn't matter if I jump down the shaft, instead of using the ladder, the challenge always fails.

I've also tried to lure one cultist up the ladder, but it didn't work. I restarted the memory several times.
Restarted the hole game, but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help me with this problem, or any ideas what I can try?

Thanks
Greetings from Austria

Unless you've upgraded the "Increase dynamite around the city" skill the mission will fail your optional objective automatically because there's no dynamite there...

SixKeys
11-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Unless you've upgraded the "Increase dynamite around the city" skill the mission will fail your optional objective automatically because there's no dynamite there...

Not true. I did the challenge before getting the dynamite upgrade.

OP, there are a few cultists up on the roof (the guys in top hats), with a box of dynamite right next to them. You can try sneaking behind them to ignite the boxes or just shoot them from a distance.

Kurtzberg
11-30-2015, 12:17 AM

This isn't a glitch but the challenge is poorly worded. It actually refers to the guards that you fight before you go down the ladder. Some will be standing next to small dynamite crates that you can shoot. If you've killed everyone without getting the challenge then restart the checkpoint and do it again. DO NOT climb down the ladder until you have it.

D.I.D.
11-30-2015, 01:44 AM
Handily, there's a box of dynamite on the upstairs balcony next to a guard brute, so you can shoot the box before you even get inside the house.

PhilyG213
11-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone.

Seriously why does everyone has such a big problem with spelling out Charles ****ens' name??? It's the name of a well known writer and you shouldn't be afraid to use it just because it happens to have the d word in it.

SixKeys
11-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Seriously why does everyone has such a big problem with spelling out Charles ****ens' name??? It's the name of a well known writer and you shouldn't be afraid to use it just because it happens to have the d word in it.

Lol, it happens automatically due to the forum's censorship filters. At one time the word "assassin" would always get spelled "******in". :cool:

PhilyG213
11-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Lol, it happens automatically due to the forum's censorship filters. At one time the word "assassin" would always get spelled "******in". :cool:

Oh dear. I just realized it. Thank you for that haha

Owllover92
03-15-2018, 05:12 AM
This isn't a glitch but the challenge is poorly worded. It actually refers to the guards that you fight before you go down the ladder. Some will be standing next to small dynamite crates that you can shoot. If you've killed everyone without getting the challenge then restart the checkpoint and do it again. DO NOT climb down the ladder until you have it.

Is there a way to reset/restart the memory? I screwed up and when I tried to reset it it won't let me from the progress tracker.