PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Support: Mashing button Sequences

naumaan
11-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Hey there all, hope everyone is fine, i am kind of a late bloomer these days, everyone is discussing syndicate and I am still on unity. Anyhow, there was a sequence 6 mission confrontation bug, where you have to mesh the buttons and keep on doing it, it will only help if you do it on lower resolution, and its not a confirm solution either.
Back when watchdog was released, there was a drinking game in it where you have to mesh buttons to match them in the circles and it was the same meshing buttons.

Personally I hate meshing button sequences soo much that it kills the mood to play the game, and if the game is buggy on the same mission .. voila.. all your nightmares are true.
There
Yeah the game ac unity is buggy, i could only tell after playing it, but I found Ubisoft support team quite friendly and supportive even if they can't help they do try. So I tried to suggest them not to include the meshing button sequences at all in the future games and to do that I need your support. All I can do is ask here for feedback.
So, please share your opinion regarding the meshing button sequences.

Thanks

YazX_
11-28-2015, 02:21 PM
yes i agree about mashing buttons in games but the good thing in Ubisoft games its not used frequently and just very few times, IMO Ubisoft is using it in a smart way just few times without taking too long to accomplish the objective (just 4-5 button press) which doesn't kill the mood or game, although i don't mind it in Ubisoft Games due to the reasons i posted earlier but i'd rather have it gone.

Ureh
11-28-2015, 10:38 PM
I'm ambivalent towards button mashing in that mission. On the one hand, they're trying to make the scene feel cinematic and hands-on simultaneously but on the other it kinda disrupts the flow. At first we're parrying, timing our button presses, we're being methodical, then suddenly we're just going bananas and smashing a button. Maybe during their play tests they concluded that more people enjoyed that scene when button mashing was included.

It also puts a bit of strain on my hand, carpal tunnel is becoming more common these days.

naumaan
11-29-2015, 11:03 AM
so 2 people have the same opinion as me ... great

I am not alone in this endeavour :cool:

bdw thank you both of you ..

i guess others are just busy playing syndicate at the moment

strigoi1958
11-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Button mashing is not something I like myself, I assume it is something more suited to controllers and gaming mice than keyboards. I've never had a problem using it myself and it usually works with just 3 to 6 taps in AC games but I've found some games that seemed to need a lot more frantic tapping like a morse code operator after 50 espressos ;) ,

I first noticed it in PC games around 10 years ago but it may have been around before that and I probably didn't notice it.
It has become less of a keyboard killer now there are mechanical keyboards. (I broke 2 keyboards when I used to play pinball simulators )
I assume it is a way of making a cut scene interactive and I always want more gameplay and less cut scenes :)
In AC 3 the way we had a second to hit the right key each time in sequence was the best way I have found so far in any game as it added some skill into it rather than repeated single key strikes, but I know 1 guy with limited hand movements who prefers a single key as he doesn't need to move the next key in the sequence.

I think a lot of people like us feel it lacks any skill... but, it is a simpler way to help some people to interact.

naumaan
11-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Button mashing is not something I like myself, I assume it is something more suited to controllers and gaming mice than keyboards. I've never had a problem using it myself and it usually works with just 3 to 6 taps in AC games but I've found some games that seemed to need a lot more frantic tapping like a morse code operator after 50 espressos ;) ,

I first noticed it in PC games around 10 years ago but it may have been around before that and I probably didn't notice it.
It has become less of a keyboard killer now there are mechanical keyboards. (I broke 2 keyboards when I used to play pinball simulators )
I assume it is a way of making a cut scene interactive and I always want more gameplay and less cut scenes :)
In AC 3 the way we had a second to hit the right key each time in sequence was the best way I have found so far in any game as it added some skill into it rather than repeated single key strikes, but I know 1 guy with limited hand movements who prefers a single key as he doesn't need to move the next key in the sequence.

I think a lot of people like us feel it lacks any skill... but, it is a simpler way to help some people to interact.

yeah i remember cutscenes having button to push in the ezio trilogy ... they were not meshing sequence thank God .. ac3 had some too but they are also not meshing either, it used to be a part of fighting games when you have to actually put a combo and cannot do it without meshing buttons, as far as in the ac games, unity used it the first time on a bigger scale, and if it is stopped instead of encouraged, it may well help those who dont like meshing buttons.

Frag_Maniac
11-30-2015, 09:42 PM
As far as I recall that would be the fight against Bellec in the church?

While I agree that QTE battles are annoying and too scripted, I felt that one as far as QTE battles go was not nearly as bad as some. Probably because it isn't really a constant button mash thing and the QTE parts are well spaced between manual stuns and attacks.

naumaan
12-15-2015, 02:30 AM
3 in positive ... 1 in negative ...

i am pretty late to the party bdw .. still its nice to see a new reply even its a one ...