PDA

View Full Version : Stricted by NAT

T_o_p_i_
11-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Sorry, but it is 2015 and you guys haven't figured out UPnP. There is just no way I can pay for this game as it stands, I simply can not play with my friends, I don't even understand why squad is completely on client side? No other game does that.

But yeah, I doubt this is going to get fixed any time soon and due to how our ISPs does things we can not open ports in our NAT setups.

Original_Bars
11-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Bridge mode your ISP Modem/router and get your own router

Thats what i did. no more issues now :)

Soulres
11-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Sorry, but it is 2015 and you guys haven't figured out UPnP. There is just no way I can pay for this game as it stands, I simply can not play with my friends, I don't even understand why squad is completely on client side? No other game does that.

But yeah, I doubt this is going to get fixed any time soon and due to how our ISPs does things we can not open ports in our NAT setups.

2015 and you still havent opened up your ports...
The game's only P2P is Voice/Text Comms...

Squad is not held client side, it is merely cause you cannot connect due to the Ports the game uses, are blocked by your ISP*cough* AT&T or Comcast *cough*

This is not a Ubisoft issue, and is purely a issue on your end.
If you want it fixed, You will have to do it yourself,you have options.

A. Turn your Router/Modem Security Settings to WEP
B. Ask Ubisoft what ports you need to forword, and Forword them yourself.
B.1 call your ISP and Have them port forword for you.

This issue will be affected by all games as its your ports bud. All online games use them, and im sure some might work, but that is because diffrent games use diffrent ports. But if you open the right ones up, you will not have the issue with this, or any other game. and might notice an increse in your internets performance and gameplay.

TannuT
11-28-2015, 01:24 PM
I forwarded ports nat was modrated then. then i enebled DMZ that worked. so if you have chance to eneble DMZ in your router you should try this.

Port Forwarding
If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall you will need to configure your router and/or firewall to forward the following network ports:

Uplay
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000, 14001, 14008

Rainbow Six: Siege
UDP 10000-10099, 3074
TCP 80, 443
sorry about english

regards TannuT

T_o_p_i_
12-03-2015, 03:10 PM

Squad is not held client side, it is merely cause you cannot connect due to the Ports the game uses, are blocked by your ISP*cough* AT&T or Comcast *cough*

This issue will be affected by all games as its your ports bud. All online games use them, and im sure some might work, but that is because diffrent games use diffrent ports. But if you open the right ones up, you will not have the issue with this, or any other game. and might notice an increse in your internets performance and gameplay.

Mate, I know how to forward ports. The thing is my ISP can only deliver acceptable speeds to me via 4G network and all that **** is behind some ISP wide NAT (this was told me by the tech I called when I tried to set up my remote working environment) that blocks all ports. Which means I can't host my own servers anymore for example.

About this not being Ubisoft issue it is 100% Ubisoft issue if I can play every single other FPS game with my friends, but this game for some reason doesn't let us party together (and at least during beta there was no server browser, so we couldn't even join the same game) to we can play together.

Trust me I would be happy to pay 2-3 times as much for my Internet connection if I could open ports, but I can not. Only way I can open ports is if I drop from my 50/50 (Mbs) connection back down to 8/1 and I'm not willing to do that for sake of one game.

AtlasTheViking
12-03-2015, 08:45 PM
You should be able to party up, as long as whoever you're joining has Open, if it still doesn't work, Port Forwarding is the only way to go, or allowing your Router/Modem to have UPnP

vU.Huddex
12-04-2015, 08:37 AM
You should be able to party up, as long as whoever you're joining has Open, if it still doesn't work, Port Forwarding is the only way to go, or allowing your Router/Modem to have UPnP

I have all the correct ports forwarded and i have UPnP on but it still does not work and i'm far from alone to have this problem!

IIJoeC
12-04-2015, 03:33 PM
I have all the correct ports forwarded and i have UPnP on but it still does not work and i'm far from alone to have this problem!

Use a VPN dude, like hotspot shield.

Gridsquares
12-04-2015, 03:59 PM
The problem is, we shouldn;t HAVE to do any of these things to play this game. I don't have to do anything special for my Blizzard games, anything on Steam, or Origin titles. Ubi is the only company I have ever bought products from that have these kinds of issues. What are they doing that EVERY other successful mulitplaying game company seems to avoid?

T_o_p_i_
12-05-2015, 02:13 PM
The problem is, we shouldn;t HAVE to do any of these things to play this game. I don't have to do anything special for my Blizzard games, anything on Steam, or Origin titles. Ubi is the only company I have ever bought products from that have these kinds of issues. What are they doing that EVERY other successful mulitplaying game company seems to avoid?

Yep. No other game requires this **** or at least they know how to setup themselves with UPnP, but for some reason not Siege.

And as for someone saying as long as one player has port forwarded it works is kind a meh because if most of us (people who I play with) can't open ports then we simply can not play the game majority of the time.

Fragged02
12-05-2015, 02:37 PM
UPnP / NAT-PMP seems to work fine for most players. It sure works on my pfSense firewall/router.

Port Protocol Internal IP Int. Port Description
1165 udp 192.168.1.10 3074 R6_ bc:5f:f4:XX:0f:YY

SimpleJack236
12-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Does anyone have a guide on how to do this for a linksys e1000 router? I was playing fine yesterday and today, it's giving me more problems than ever before. This doesn't happen on any other game I play and I thought I was setting the ports open the correct way. I've been all over the internet trying to find a guide and I can't figure it out. Any help would be great since Ubi hasn't responded and only links me to guides I don't get....

P2W.Blood
12-05-2015, 10:10 PM
I forwarded ports nat was modrated then. then i enebled DMZ that worked. so if you have chance to eneble DMZ in your router you should try this.

Port Forwarding
If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall you will need to configure your router and/or firewall to forward the following network ports:

Uplay
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000, 14001, 14008

Rainbow Six: Siege
UDP 10000-10099, 3074
TCP 80, 443
sorry about english

regards TannuT

I've opened those ports and enabled DMZ on my personal IP. I've also changed my personal IP address to be outside DHCP. So, my computer(IP) is outside the firewall and outside my routers NAT. I am still STRICT NAT in game.

Gridsquares
12-05-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm talking with Customer Support now. They asked me to submit them a copy of my MSINFO32 info, Windows Error Reporting section. Not sure what's that's going to tell them, but I asked for a refund. We'll see what happens...either way I'll be satisfied, money back or fix the game.

BIGGRIMTIM
12-06-2015, 03:40 AM
UPnP / NAT-PMP seems to work fine for most players. It sure works on my pfSense firewall/router.

Port Protocol Internal IP Int. Port Description
1165 udp 192.168.1.10 3074 R6_ bc:5f:f4:XX:0f:YY

I am also running pfSense and didn't want to turn on UPNP. Is there a way to get this to work otherwise? I have tried manually forwarding ports but it doesn't work.

SPURIOUSSPARROW
12-06-2015, 04:47 PM
I have a similar issue. I show as moderate NAT in this game despite being open in all others. I've forwarded all relevant ports, tried monitoring which ports are in use with CurrPort, cycled UPnP off and on, contacted Ubi support, and called my ISP. Still moderate. Every now and then, the game will change its mind and say I'm open--which, of course, makes no sense. I haven't had any issues so far, so I'm beginning to believe that the game is not detecting NAT type correctly.

Oh, and DO NOT leave your PC in the DMZ. That's an absolutely awful idea. It's a huge security risk, and is not a long-term solution.

BryanChung
12-06-2015, 05:50 PM
I have done what I needed to open the ports and so on. But I cannot seem to get rid of the STRICT nat. :( And people cannot hear me voice chat. Any help? Am I doing it correctly?

http://i.imgur.com/WIncTe8.png

snipergod87
12-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Mate, I know how to forward ports. The thing is my ISP can only deliver acceptable speeds to me via 4G network and all that **** is behind some ISP wide NAT
This is your issue, it is an ISP problem

vU.Huddex
12-07-2015, 02:52 PM

And for the rest of us it's a ISP problem to?

nextdayair
12-08-2015, 02:19 AM

I am at college where the ports are blocked. I asked the IT guys and they said they are not allowed to open or forward ports because of security issues. What about people like me?!?! Why Ubisoft?!?! WHY!!

T_o_p_i_
12-08-2015, 03:56 PM

That's pretty stupid attitude. Wanna tell me why a multiplayer game in 2015 is designed like this? Like I get that if it was something in my hardware, like if I just didn't have beefy enough computer, then it would obviously be my issue, but currently there is nothing I can do and since it's ONLY issue in this one game it really is the developers issue. I'm fine with no buying the game, but I'd imagine the devs would be happier if more people could play the game.

Imo this is pretty reasonable, but then again I can't expect reason from someone named "snipergod" can I?

T_o_p_i_
12-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Yeah.... So at this point I'm gonna assume that Ubisoft doesn't give a single shiet about this issue, so I'm gonna just go and you can keep your gucking farbage to yourself. Ok? Fantastic!

UbiEpi
12-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Hey all,

As stated by many above, aside from recommending to you to open the proper ports, there is nothing further that we can do for you. You can contact our customer support team here (www.support.ubi.com), but there is no guarantee that they will be able to assist you.

ImSkemo
12-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Hey all,

As stated by many above, aside from recommending to you to open the proper ports, there is nothing further that we can do for you. You can contact our customer support team here (www.support.ubi.com), but there is no guarantee that they will be able to assist you.

Well I can play with ppl who purchased this game on steam coz I purchased on steam .. I cant play with ppl who purchased it on uplay and ppl who purchased it on uplay can only play with uplay players.. this port opening thing is total BS.. nothing will work.. who ever designed this should be fired.. opening ports and stuff is not our business and I don't want to do it if other games don't demand such things why should this I'm not recommending this game nor ubisoft games in future.. good bye division I know same stuff will happen there

vU.Huddex
12-11-2015, 05:01 PM
We should not need to open the "correct" ports if you guys had done your job! And even with the right ports and UpNP it still doesn't work for some of us cause YOU guys did NOT do a good job!

chicago-101st
02-25-2017, 03:05 AM
I had to change the nat rules to use static ports