PDA

View Full Version : Kapkan's booby trap needs to be buffed

Mahogany_Black
11-28-2015, 06:23 AM
right now Kapkan's booby trap ability is basically useless

- the harpoon drill sticking outside the other side is blatant and extremely noticeable, because of this i have never been killed by a booby trap so far, you know where the box is and you can easily shoot it through the green wood. This harpoon/screw coming out the other side needs to be removed so the laser is all that is visable from the other side once you take down the barricade

-I personally think the laser line itself is a bit too noticeable and should be about 1/2 as vibrant and bright, I personally think you should have to be looking for it to see it well.... it should be discrete

Either way the only players that get killed by booby trap are new players or those that are COMPLETELY oblivious. If you are paying attention at all it is impossible to die from these

I hope you take my feedback into consideration, thanks again for making an incredibly fun multiplayer experience and tending to it

ShredatorFIN
11-28-2015, 07:00 AM
I've never died into one. Not even in first rounds I've played. And never had a kill with one.

You can try to hide them by soft barricading the door, but it's of little use, people are expecting it. This also has another problem, AI's device detector isn't very useful either. C4 can be easily heard outside it's lethal range, Mute's jammers can be also heard/spotted quite easily. C4 is currently used as a short range nade, it can't be used as a trap because it makes too loud sound / audible at too long distance.

One way to buff the Kapkans trap ability, would be allow to plant it into any surface, walls and floors (beam pointing directly up) even. Not just door/window frames. The length of the laser beam would be unlimited, but the lethal part of it would be only on the other end (where you planted it). This would allow more creative traps in more surprising places.

Mahogany_Black
11-28-2015, 09:08 AM
shredator is absolutely right. C4 beeping is also too loud, it doesn't need to beep at all

Mahogany_Black
11-28-2015, 09:09 AM
One way to buff the Kapkans trap ability, would be allow to plant it into any surface, walls and floors (beam pointing directly up) even. Not just door/window frames. The length of the laser beam would be unlimited, but the lethal part of it would be only on the other end (where you planted it). This would allow more creative traps in more surprising places.

Great Idea!

IWHiTEl
11-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Right, I use C4 only as grenade and Traps are completely useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuI98yVthxc

LERKI0
11-28-2015, 01:04 PM
I'd like to see it have a tamper device attached to it so if you place it on a barricaded window or door and that opening is tampered with (someone melees a hole in it) then the device detonates. This of course can be countered by Thatcher with his EMP or by destroying the barricade using an explosive device.

N4E.Joker
11-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Just remove this thing going out of the door.
If the opponents have IQ or Thatcher they can handle it easily

xPYR0MANCERx
11-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Big spike way too obvious and laser way too bright. In reality you can't see the laser light at all without some sort of medium crossing it's path (smoke, dust etc.). Being a game however a dim red line seems ok. As I said though, currently, too bright.

SmokinFlakes
11-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Yep, I've only gotten 1 kill with it and it was in the last technical test. Basically, because it was new and probably just dumb luck that the person didn't notice it.

Basically a useless toy though.