PDA

View Full Version : Tickrate / Netcode

Misathanas
11-28-2015, 12:16 AM
The game has very low tickrate, some speculated that it'd be as low as 15.

This is the biggest issue with the game, and it will never take off, if the gameplay itself is broken. How can you seriously make a tactical, competitive fps, with the very base action between players abysmal.

Dying behind a corner? Kill trades? Killcams showing completely different things? Dying without hearing a single shot? Yup! Tickrate!

Not even talking about the broken matchmaking, game kicking you back into queu after a match ( not being able to continue to play on the server ), connection issues, party issues, microtransaction OPERATORS! and whatnot

You want this game to be an ESPORST game? Yeah, will never happen with a low tickrate.

BF4 was terrible when it launched, at 10 ticks per second. This is the exact same, same issues.

No proper FPS has this low of a tickrate, it's what makes the game playable in the first place.

BF4 had 10, now it's 30-60, and even 120 is coming as of latest news. This game has somewhere around 10 as well.

This game is doomed to flop because of simple things.

This was actually a Ubisoft game, that i would finally put my money on, and gladly buy, the gameplay itself is awesome, but it's riddled with simple issues.

The game already failed. Good job Ubisoft, good job. You just can't seem capable of making proper games.

GrassEh
11-28-2015, 04:00 AM
In some ways, low tickrate forces you to play as a team. This game is not BF4 you know. It's meant to be slow paced teamplay based gameplay.

BobbyBoyGaming
11-28-2015, 06:13 AM
I'm tired of these life-less blowhard morons like GrassEh too man. Everytime you make a valid point in the forum they come up and "defend" the game and Ubisoft with an "argument" that makes no god damn sense.
Is this guy even serious with the "Low tick rate is good because it forces you to work as a team?"

My jaw just drops every time i read these moronic replies. Ubisoft is stupid and its fanbase is stupid too its unbelievable.

UWS.Comrade
11-28-2015, 07:11 AM
In some ways, low tickrate forces you to play as a team. This game is not BF4 you know. It's meant to be slow paced teamplay based gameplay.

You don't understand what he's even talking about, low tick rate does not force that nor does a higher one influence teamwork.

Utterly and ignorantly stupid. This game will fail above anything casual if they do not come out and explain what it's set to and what they have in place if it continues post launch.

LERKI0
11-28-2015, 11:01 AM
I noticed this too OP.

It has to be improved for this game especially if it will be used for tournaments and other competitive events.
The time to kill is simply too fast and having one life means the stakes are too high for failures like this to happen with the basic game mechanics.

Hope they fix this.

Misathanas
11-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Bumping for visibility, this **** needs the most attention.

Jerusalem_
11-28-2015, 03:53 PM
I like this game much. but kills through bulletproof wall pissing me off, and pushing to not play this game +( Just one god damn thing ruining great game for me =(

GrassEh
11-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks for feeding me guys. You're so cute !

UbiEpi
11-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Noted. Thank you for bringing it up!

WhyDontYouSmile
12-09-2015, 03:21 PM
You sure it's noted ?

This is a really BIG issue.

And this is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Please, for the love of god, raise the tickrate, or this game is doomed.