PDA

View Full Version : How do you get AI pilots off your six?

sureshot324
02-24-2004, 09:51 PM
I only play IL2:FB offline and I'm having time shaking the AI planes once they get behind me. The only thing that seems to work consistently (other than asking my squad mates for help) is just turning with combat flaps until I eventually get behind him. This feels kind of cheap though since the AI pilots never seem to use their planes maximum turning capabilities.

So basically what i'm asking is what are some good moves i can do in this situation? How can i make him overshoot or break off?

sureshot324
02-24-2004, 09:51 PM
I only play IL2:FB offline and I'm having time shaking the AI planes once they get behind me. The only thing that seems to work consistently (other than asking my squad mates for help) is just turning with combat flaps until I eventually get behind him. This feels kind of cheap though since the AI pilots never seem to use their planes maximum turning capabilities.

So basically what i'm asking is what are some good moves i can do in this situation? How can i make him overshoot or break off?

Franzen
02-24-2004, 11:10 PM
My advice is to fly online and get used to real pilots. After you get good there you will never let an AI get your six again. There's a world of difference and it's much more interesting. You'll learn a lot also.

Fritz

BuzzU
02-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Do climbing turns. The AI can't lead their shots for crap, and will run out of ammo trying to hit you.

Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------

(FIN)-Cowboy
02-25-2004, 12:47 AM
If they are far away, do a slow climbing turn. As Buzz said, they most likely won't hit you.

If they are close (200m or less), do a barrel roll. If they did not yet overshoot, do another - they will.

--
"Mr. Anderson! Surprised ...to see me?""
http://koti.mbnet.fi/tosimies/images/smithcowboy.jpg