PDA

View Full Version : Steam vs uPlay Version = Crash vs. NOT Crash

Rykter_Syx
11-27-2015, 11:16 AM
So I installed both versions of the open beta. One direct from uPlay and then the one from the Steam store page (to link my accounts and team up with friends). When I play the one installed from uplay everything works fine but if I launch the Steam version it never fails to crash. Either at the beginning of a match or at the end. Anyone else having this issue? I thought it was the overlays conflicting at first and turned them off, but it didn't seem to matter.

Gento.
11-27-2015, 11:42 AM
how to manage that ? Bought R6 through Steam. I have no option to install it through Uplay... :(

Ubi-Talos
11-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Hello Rykter_Syx,

I would try the basics Exit the Steam client and then right click on the short cut for Steam and choose the option to Run As administrator.

After Steam loads from the Library section, right-click on the Rainbow 6 Siege and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
Can you now try the game again?

Where you receiving any crash reports, if you where can you post them?

Rykter_Syx
11-27-2015, 12:25 PM
how to manage that ? Bought R6 through Steam. I have no option to install it through Uplay... :(

You should be able to install/launch uPlay and install it from there. I got R6:Siege free with hardware purchase. Code redeem was through uPlay (basically like your preorder). When open beta was announced, I logged in to uPlay and installed it. Later when some buddies were installing the beta through Steam I also installed it from there to a different hard drive location. Steam install crashes, uPlay doesn't. Dunno, maybe it's just me.

Rykter_Syx
11-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Hello Rykter_Syx,

I would try the basics Exit the Steam client and then right click on the short cut for Steam and choose the option to Run As administrator.

After Steam loads from the Library section, right-click on the Rainbow 6 Siege and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

I just verified my steam install of the beta, it passed with no errors.

No crash reports, game just drops out, uPlay mini screen displays for a second then I'm back to the desktop. Just tested this twice again. First time I didn't even make it into a match, second time 5 seconds into match it drops me out.

sudarev_ruslan
11-28-2015, 07:24 PM
I just verified my steam install of the beta, it passed with no errors.

No crash reports, game just drops out, uPlay mini screen displays for a second then I'm back to the desktop. Just tested this twice again. First time I didn't even make it into a match, second time 5 seconds into match it drops me out.

I have the same issue.
My config is
Windows 10
core i7 6700
Nvidia GTX 970
8 gb RAM.

I have downloaded and installed all updates for OS, turn off antivirus software, turn off my Firewall, reinstall video driver, tried to run R6 with administrator account, tried to run in compatability mode (windows 7,8,Vista) IT DOESN'T Work!

lvangool
11-28-2015, 07:44 PM
FYI - exact same problem here. Downloaded to test if I want to buy it... and it doesn't even start...
(And yes I tried running it as admin, rebooting, firewall etc; same issue - see a spash for a few seconds then everything closes)

....uninstalled.

Fulysic
11-29-2015, 05:36 AM
Hello Rykter_Syx,

I have the same issue works fine on Uplay but on Steam it constantly crashes at random no error message

tried all suggestions from running as admin to turning off every notification in Steam like overlay etc but still will not run on Steam

I have sent my Dxdiag file to support but now worried about buying it on Steam in case this issue is still present on launch day

Kinda sad as i enjoyed the game so far just prefer to own all my games on Steam

Gento.
11-29-2015, 09:42 AM
I have the same issue works fine on Uplay but on Steam it constantly crashes at random no error message

tried all suggestions from running as admin to turning off every notification in Steam like overlay etc but still will not run on Steam

I have sent my Dxdiag file to support but now worried about buying it on Steam in case this issue is still present on launch day

Kinda sad as i enjoyed the game so far just prefer to own all my games on Steam

same here