PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed AC on PC Control Lag

DM-Ragewaar
11-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Anyone else having a severe control lag problem playing with a Keyboard and Mouse on PC?

It seems like there is a two to three second lag on any action, any movement and it is making combat and skill climbing exceptionally challenging. So challenging that I close the game and play something else.

My previous AC games on PC did not suffer this anywhere near as badly.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Running decent i7, lots of ram, two overclocked Nvidia 970s in SLi to a Gsync 27" monitor. Game is installed on an SSD to speed up load times.

DM-Ragewaar
11-27-2015, 11:23 AM
I think I have a solution. I turned down the refresh rate and used the Nvidia Geforce Experience tool to optimize the game's frame rate.

This appears to have given control responsiveness back.

It also appears that there is currently no G-sync support in this game.

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 12:35 PM
G-Sync is only through Vid card and Monitor...no relation to software. AMD has their own version (freesync) and so does Displayport (Adaptive Sync)

Displayport will be the most widly used and lowest cost. Additionally AMD will stack theirs on Displayport making theirs slightly wider and more accessible, but not more so then Displayports own.

G-Sync still atm will require an G-sync ready monitor while the other two only need any monitor with Displayport.

Another advantage of Displayports own is it's all done on the Monitors end with no need of any required vid card/chipset.

---------

The input lag issue is nothing you can do on your end aside from down grading the driver version to where it lessons...but it is still there because the ACS engine it's self has the issue.