PDA

View Full Version : Design of the game doesn't encourage actual co-op and communications

bluehawk1976
11-27-2015, 10:22 AM
I know a lot of people like to just rush in, kill as many as they can and come what may.

But, all who played and enjoyed Rainbow Six Raven Shield actually enjoy putting some time into planning and effort into good execution via communications, and there is no game mod that enables that.

Not only that, but time between matches has been reduced so no time to change a loadout or improve it without being forced to leave the group.

There is also no way to configure your own "Default Recruit" character, so if you find yourself with no available operator you have 10 - 15 seconds to decide on your character's loadout and no way of improving it.

Add that to the connection problems that happen now - and it looks less likely that I'll buy or recommend the game even though I enjoy playing it.

yanyatcheng
11-27-2015, 10:59 AM
yeah, no one use mic, those who have mic design to be a completely ******* and use voice activation (auto hot mic). and alot of them came from COD and BF4/BFH which have zero sense of what is teamwork and communication (I've seen too many player going lone wolf).

it's completely not enjoying playing with bunch of brainless noobs without mic

TooTargle
11-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Totally agree with you.

Spent all last night playing and only two others actually spoke.
Mics should always be on, Rainbow 63 and Black arrow had it exactly right,

Tetsu-197
11-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Yes, I want to choose weapon attachments before rounds start.

Recruits need more time to select loadout.

Cramm789
11-27-2015, 02:30 PM
This is interesting because typically at least in the closed beta and Technical tests everyone communicated and when you had teams that did actually talk and coordinate we would win

AllahSnackbar66
11-27-2015, 06:09 PM
The reason why only a few people speak up ingame is because the built-in voicechat is simply ****. Also, this is an open beta meaning everyone can download this game, even the people that normally only play CoD. The moment this game is released there will be more communication (assuming voice chat gets fixed). If not; play this game with friends as it's basically what this game is made for.

Rilandas
11-27-2015, 06:31 PM
What's with that title? Design of the game encourages to cooperate heavily. Brain-dead open beta testers - not. End of story.

XTeCnOX1
11-27-2015, 09:11 PM
yeah, no one use mic, those who have mic design to be a completely ******* and use voice activation (auto hot mic). and alot of them came from COD and BF4/BFH which have zero sense of what is teamwork and communication (I've seen too many player going lone wolf).

it's completely not enjoying playing with bunch of brainless noobs without mic

It's cool if in Casual people wanna do their own thing, but for the love of God force to have a headset plugged in in Ranked games and force Game Chat only so no one goes in there as a private party and you can hear everyone one... Also allow for you to hear the other team in the lobby so you can talk to them and discuss if you want to rematch, trash talk etc.

AssassinKenw357
11-27-2015, 09:21 PM
It's cool if in Casual people wanna do their own thing, but for the love of God force to have a headset plugged in in Ranked games and force Game Chat only so no one goes in there as a private party and you can hear everyone one... Also allow for you to hear the other team in the lobby so you can talk to them and discuss if you want to rematch, trash talk etc.

Agreed about voice chat in ranked but a no on the trash talking especially with the wannabe mlg cod kids out there.

Recognition.
01-17-2017, 03:57 AM
Speaking of Raven Shield just wanted to let you know its still online and runniing well. Join my server sometime dude. https://steamcommunity.com/app/19830/discussions/0/1842367319513593928/