PDA

View Full Version : Increase duration of Round Time

Nugiman
11-27-2015, 09:50 AM
I've come to the conclusion that a round time of 4 minutes is often too short.

When it comes to a very balanced game (especially in ranked games), the attacking team is often forced to retreat and try to make a push on a completely different location. With only 4 minutes of time you hardly have the chance to make strategical decisions like these, because its very time consuming.

In the very first gameplay trailer (E3 it was, i think) was 5 minutes of round time.One more minute would help so much!
I myself would even suggest to increase the time to 6 minutes.

And if you want to keep the casual rounds that short as they are, then please only increase it in ranked games.

The increasing of the round duration would really increase the tactical and strategical possibillities in this game :)

Sinicap
11-27-2015, 06:10 PM
That's kinda the point of the 4 minute timer. "The clock is the defenders best ally." If the defenders can repel an assault from the attackers, they have done their job well and it forces the attackers to do something else quickly. That's why the attackers have to plan their first move very carefully, a mistake will force them to back off and re-plan with time they don't have, just like a mistake by the defenders on an assault will cost them people and position.
I see what you're saying about the pressure it puts on the attackers, but that's a good thing in terms of balance. If you give the attackers all the tools to put any and all pressure on the defenders, and the defenders can't put pressure back at the attackers, then it's not as balanced (or intense) any more. They shortened the time to give the defenders that edge that they need.

I could understand maybe extending the rounds by a minute in casual so that warm-up games and people new to the game have more time to get used to it, but in ranked I personally feel like they're good at 4 minutes. It's all about that defensive pressure.

UbiEpi
11-27-2015, 06:53 PM
Interesting points. Does anyone else want to chime in with their thoughts?

VenomStrikeDMZ
11-29-2016, 02:33 AM
I think 6 would be substantial across both casual and ranked. While yes the timer is the defenders best friend attackers should have opportune time to completely redraw strategies and really stake out the area and proceed carefully.

I think it should be up to defenders to eliminate the attackers and hold out a long time and adapt to multiple attacks and watch out for slow infiltrations. Not sit in a corner and wait for 4 minutes to get a kill on a pressured attacker.

Without writing a ****ing tome that's my opinion. It should be slower and more methodical not rush at the last minute we need time to outthink.

hd_Jehu
11-29-2016, 12:03 PM
6 minutes!? Dear God, then the attackers have time to sit down and discuss the approach over a cup of tea!
The 3 minute is perfect for ranked, it gives the attackers time enough to clear out roamers and make a push into the objective. I do think it was a good idea to keep 4 minutes for casual tho, since these games are mostly made up by people playing solo with a lack of communication.

But seriously at higher ranks the 4 minute timer is too much and it gives the attackers a clear edge. Optimal would be that players above Platinum plays 3 minutes and those below play 4 minutes I would guess, but implementing this would ofc be a nightmare if not totally impossible. It would probably also not be popular.