PDA

View Full Version : Please Give PC users the option to turn off motion blur when riding carriage

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-27-2015, 06:53 AM
Please Give PC users the option to Turn off motion blur when riding carriage, i get nauseating , and i always turn off motion blur in ever game, just have the option to turn them off,
now that the carriage is integrated into story and achievements, i rather not play the game at all, the motion blur is just too much for me.

http://i.imgur.com/DHjsj6a.jpg

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-27-2015, 11:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAfqRQ_Ptg

YazX_
11-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Yes i agree, Setting bloom to 0 in AC.ini reduces the effect but still i don't like motion blur and i always turn it off in all games.

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Motion Blur maybe be linked in with ' Post Effects '....but so are many other things required for game mechanics and not just eye candy.

All Eye Candy effects should Always have the option to be turned off, only those required for mechanics should be forced on.

-----

I don't see Motion blur my self...but that may be due to the fact it stutters and stops before it actually takes effect.

WaR-UK
11-27-2015, 07:23 PM
Yes i definitely would like the option to turn of the motion blurring effect when driving in game to , i find it very distracting and quite hard on the eyes too , diving the carriages isn't much fun with this effect

MrkillerhomerxD
11-27-2015, 07:31 PM
i too would like an option to turn it off.
adding the "MotionBlur=0" to the AC.ini file dont seem to work.

im still unsure about how important bloom is for the game to look good (i tried with it on and off)
im thinking about trying to play with bloom off but dont want to lose out on a good looking game by having that off

Frag_Maniac
11-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Yeah the carriage races have me feeling a bit drunk just with the tipping back and forth and twitchy keyboard steering, but the blur just makes it worse.

It appears we'll get the update the PS4 and Xone just got, because Steam has had the update file listed since 11/25, but there's nothing in the release notes for new settings being added.

I just disabled Bloom and Post FX and will report back any differences.

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 08:40 PM
I opened the ACU.ini and found " Tessellation=0 " , so I added that line to AC.ini for ACS...it seems to help, but that was the same time I used another app to limit fps to 30.

MrkillerhomerxD
11-27-2015, 09:33 PM
I tried to see how much of a different Bloom dose to the look of the game by taking SS with and without. not much different (but still enough to see it in some places)
here is a link if u wanna see http://share.pho.to/9totE
note i am not in any way good at taking SS to compare with, but i couldn't find anyone who did this with and with out Bloom elsewhere so figured i would try my self.

but in some screens i got a like 30-40% FPS boost (in 1 i go from 30 to 42FPS)

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 09:49 PM
I can tell you already, detail in the menu/title screen as well as loading screen it's full detail regardless of settings.

MrkillerhomerxD
11-27-2015, 11:12 PM
I can tell you already, detail in the menu/title screen as well as loading screen it's full detail regardless of settings.

hmm not true with Bloom at least, i see clear different with and without bloom in title menu

look at "http://share.pho.to/9totE/rz/original" and "http://share.pho.to/9totE/0u/original" 1st is without Bloom 2nd is with Bloom.

but to me when looking outside from a building Bloom just makes it overly bright

jandraelune
11-28-2015, 12:08 AM
:p To me ACU with Bloom off is excessively overly bright as if Bloom is on. Also with Reflections off...STILL see reflections =.=

Frag_Maniac
11-28-2015, 03:25 AM
Would have been better to take some shots of gas lamps along the street and tavern interiors at night. That's the kind of places where bloom really shows up.

jandraelune
11-28-2015, 07:08 AM
Saw Motion Blur with Zipline. =.= Extra unneeded eye candy that serves no reason to be there but eat up gpu/cpu cycles.

MrkillerhomerxD
11-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Would have been better to take some shots of gas lamps along the street and tavern interiors at night. That's the kind of places where bloom really shows up.

i think i will try and do that sometime today, like i said. i only did this myself because no one else have done it and i want to know (first time trying to take SS to compare settings with)

also you know of some way to "force" night time? (its so rare nigh in this game, and it looks nice when its night)

jandraelune
11-29-2015, 04:46 AM
Some missions take place at night. You should be able to replay them.

Frag_Maniac
11-29-2015, 05:04 AM
...you know of some way to "force" night time? (its so rare nigh in this game, and it looks nice when its night)No, but I have noticed disabling AO makes any darker areas a bit darker, including night time in general.

jandraelune
11-29-2015, 05:10 AM
AO doesn't actually make things darker. What it does is improve shadowing inside objects like tubes.

Frag_Maniac
11-29-2015, 06:45 AM
AO doesn't actually make things darker. What it does is improve shadowing inside objects like tubes.

I didn't say it makes things darker, I said turning it OFF did. The reason I presume is with simple vs detailed shadows from ambient light, you get more black crush, which is far more noticeable on an IPS display like mine that does not have LED lighting. Black crush is when dark areas look so dark you lose detail, and in this case that is probably due to larger, simpler shadow detail, vs the intricate kind you get with AO.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-29-2015, 10:02 AM
ok, the motion blur is insane and makes me puke. who should i contact to take this issue seriously ?

UbiFancy
11-29-2015, 11:43 PM
ok, the motion blur is insane and makes me puke. who should i contact to take this issue seriously ?

I've let the dev team know about the feedback about the motion blur. You can also send a ticket to Ubisoft support about the motion blur so that they will also be more aware of it. They may possibly be able to give you a way to deal with the issue as well.

support.ubi.com (https://support.ubi.com)

MrkillerhomerxD
11-30-2015, 12:23 AM
I've let the dev team know about the feedback about the motion blur. You can also send a ticket to Ubisoft support about the motion blur so that they will also be more aware of it. They may possibly be able to give you a way to deal with the issue as well.

support.ubi.com (https://support.ubi.com)

Thanks for telling for Devs so there at least is a chance for this to change =)
also can you give any kind of ETA on a patch for PC? (seeing as my game crashes 2 times an hour, 2 CPH xD ) i already sent my Dxdig to the thread about it and made a ticket with support.
but just somekind of ETA on a PC patch would be nice

UbiFancy
11-30-2015, 12:29 AM
also can you give any kind of ETA on a patch for PC?
but just somekind of ETA on a PC patch would be nice

Unfortunately, I don't know when exactly the PC patch will be put out. When I know for certain, I'll be sure to post here.

MrkillerhomerxD
11-30-2015, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know when exactly the PC patch will be put out. When I know for certain, I'll be sure to post here.

here as in, in this thread? or make a sticky thread about it?

UbiFancy
11-30-2015, 01:12 AM
There will most likely be a sticky thread about the patch, but I can also post in this thread.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-01-2015, 03:50 PM
There will most likely be a sticky thread about the patch, but I can also post in this thread.

the recent update today didnt add the option to turn off motion blur yet :(
i really can play the mission that involves carriages, when will ubisoft add this ?
moreover how can they forget the option to turn off during the final release still boggles my mind. :(

blindhai
03-21-2016, 08:31 PM
Still no updates regarding Motion Blur? Can you disable it with an ini setting?