PDA

View Full Version : I just realised something. Oh no, not me !!!

SodBuster43
01-26-2004, 10:09 PM
When I was in my teens I used to hunt deer every season here in Michigan with my friend and his father, my grandfather etc. We always had a good mix of young and old hunters.

The younger guys like myself hunted hard and heavy most of the time we were at deer camp. We used to laugh and joke about the old guys because they would hunt for one morning and then spend the rest of the time in the cabin shooting the bull, playing cards and stoking the fire to keep warm and having a few belts now and then.

As my friend and I grew older and out of our teens and into our twenties and thirties we began to exhibit the same behavior as our elders, and year by year, spent much less time in the field and much more time sitting in front of the campfire with a beer, playing cards, shooting the bull, stoking the fire and recalling some stories from years gone past.

Well now that I am much older, 43 now, I haven't been deer hunting in quite some time but I have realised my career as a flight simmer has followed a similar path to my old deer hunting days. I now find myself spending less time playing the game and spending more time here in this forum and making aircraft skins etc. etc.

I have to laugh because a week or so ago I posted a topic on how much time people were spending in chat sessions and not playing the game over at hyper lobby.

I realise now I am becoming one of the old men we used to poke fun at so long ago. Maybe someday I will pick up a rifle and head to the north woods just for old times sake http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

SodBuster43
01-26-2004, 10:09 PM
When I was in my teens I used to hunt deer every season here in Michigan with my friend and his father, my grandfather etc. We always had a good mix of young and old hunters.

The younger guys like myself hunted hard and heavy most of the time we were at deer camp. We used to laugh and joke about the old guys because they would hunt for one morning and then spend the rest of the time in the cabin shooting the bull, playing cards and stoking the fire to keep warm and having a few belts now and then.

As my friend and I grew older and out of our teens and into our twenties and thirties we began to exhibit the same behavior as our elders, and year by year, spent much less time in the field and much more time sitting in front of the campfire with a beer, playing cards, shooting the bull, stoking the fire and recalling some stories from years gone past.

Well now that I am much older, 43 now, I haven't been deer hunting in quite some time but I have realised my career as a flight simmer has followed a similar path to my old deer hunting days. I now find myself spending less time playing the game and spending more time here in this forum and making aircraft skins etc. etc.

I have to laugh because a week or so ago I posted a topic on how much time people were spending in chat sessions and not playing the game over at hyper lobby.

I realise now I am becoming one of the old men we used to poke fun at so long ago. Maybe someday I will pick up a rifle and head to the north woods just for old times sake http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

p1ngu666
01-26-2004, 10:12 PM
lol
i know that feeling http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
i still loiter in old irc chans, despite not playin the games anymore.
funnly enuff nor does anyone else there

HansKnappstick
01-27-2004, 03:14 AM
These are people like you, SodBuster, who make a major contribution to this game by creating servers or campaigns.

I think the majority of people are intermediate: they want to go out and take part in a good fight, with some realism in it and/or story behind, rather then just shoot everything that moves.